• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(33865)

Eutopian Chess Champ
Sep 2, 2004
PCs campaigning for the Eutopian Labor Party will make speeches, show commercials, and display posters in this thread, for all to see and hear. NPCs and PCs not belonging to any other party may ask questions here, but members of other parties will be prevented from being heard by the campaign workers and security, in a polite, legal, but efficient manner.

In his hometown of NeuWestbaden, Woodrow Park anxiously prepares to make his first campaign speech. A video of the chairman of the Eutopian Labor Party, Alastar Cain, addressing a crowd in Jacobia has just finished and he takes the stage.

"You have a chance to make a difference. We are a democracy again. Elections are soon. I am part of the Eutopian Labor Party. We are running a full slate in both the executive and legislative elections and I would like to tell you why you will want to support us.

First, on the executive side, we have made social services our top priority, because we care about you. The MRP is not running anyone for that important position, so we need to look at the two other parties that are. The Party of Liberty would cut Omnicare and Medicure to the bone. You would have to go out and find a private insurance company to replace them, if you could afford it. In the US, 18% of those under 65, without Medicare, had no medical insurance, but the percentages were higher for the poor and minorities. That is an example we don't want to follow. We don't know how much private medical insurance would cost. Can you afford it? Should you vote for a party that will make you pay for it or do without, even before you know the cost?

The Nationalist Party hasn't been so overt in their plans, but as conservatives they have avowed belief 'in a minimal government intrusion on the lives of Eutopians' which seems to imply that they would also want to move those two vital functions completely into the private sector. Indeed they have said they 'support the privatization of all industry' which would seem to include the medical and insurance 'industries'. So either of those parties controlling the Ministry of Social Services would mean the end of Omnicare and Medicure as we know it.

People have said that the ELP is anti-business. That just isn't true. I write for a well established business review. I talk with and understand business people every business day. I know the difference between allowing them to function efficiently and giving them a hidden subsidy. There is a part of the insurance sector, business insurance, that might be profitably spun-off of Omnicare, and sold to the private sector. Perhaps some businesses have been subsidized by Omnicare, which means by your taxes, in the past? The Eutopian Labour Party will not let that continue.

In the legislature, the Eutopian Labor Party will look out for the interests of those that work for living, their families, and the downtrodden. We will make sure that there is good governance. At the constitutional convention, I proposed two amendments that were incorporated into the constitution that you have ratified, making it easier to bring charges against a crooked minister and getting rid of Federal interference in Provincial courts. With your help, I hope to serve in the legislature, so as to continue to look out for you, to protect your rights, and to work for good governance."

As Woody leaves the podium, the band strikes up an alternative version of the Beatles' hit 'Help!'

ELP, now thats a party,
ELP, not just any party,
ELP, you know you need us tooooo, ELP.

Woody catches a ride in a van with some other campaign workers from NeuWestbaden to Freiburg an der Marmel, still in New Schleswig. He addresses a group of ECL members at their union hall.

"Hi! My name is Woodrow Park, but everyone calls me Woody. I am here tonight representing the Eutopian Labor Party, the party that can best represent you. Elections are coming up. We need to get as many seats in the Legislature as possible. It is proportional representation over the whole country, so every vote counts.

What will the ELP do with its seats? There are some problems that need fixing. If you don't believe me, let's see what our central bank had to say:"
Eutopian Central Bank said:
The Levarge regime also underfunded the transportation sector, environmental protection, the national park system, and drug control.
"Tonight I want to talk about the transportation sector. There are shifts going on in our population. More workers have moved into Western Eutopia, yet there are very few roads connecting us with the parts of that province where the work is. Is it any wonder that they feel isolated, cut off, and are willing to entertain far out notions like monarchy and separatism? An extension of the Inter-Provincial Highway System to Farpoint was started in Term XI, but Levarge stopped it. The Nationalist Party seems to want to follow all of his ideas, good or bad. Well this one is a bad idea. Construction on that road needs to be restarted, and at a minimum, another one needs to be built, from the A1 east of here, passing near this town, near enough for convenient access, but not so near that it will spoil its charming character. Then it would go west to Hannover, and continue west into the oil drilling region. This will provide jobs for construction workers, for union workers. It is not a worthless project. The road will add to our infrastructure and make the development of our resources more efficient. It will strenghten our ties to the province to our west. If you vote for the Eutopian Labour Party, this will happen. If you don't, it probably won't. Vote for the ELP!"

Afterwards, Woody catches a bus back to NeuWestbaden, so he could be at work the next day.

At an Eutopian Labor Party campaign workers meeting, a video runs showing a famous politician elsewhere giving a pep talk to the party faithful.
Progressive parties, like the Labor Party, rarely fail because of their values. Fairness, justice, solidarity, opportunity for all. These are the impulses of any decent human spirit.

No. We almost always fail when we don't foresee the future in which those values must be applied. The values require steadfast conviction.

But the future requires restless courage to know and act upon the coming reality, however hard the challenge it holds.

And when the two, conviction and courage, combine their strength and take on the challenges, they beat them and in time what was a challenge, becomes part of the new consensus.
Because for all the progress, life's still tough for many hard-working families:
if you're a young married couple trying to buy a house;
if you're trying to balance home and family life;
if you're worried about saving for retirement;
if you're scared to walk out at night;
if you, the taxpayer, see people who don't deserve it getting benefits, when you can't get the help you need and do deserve.

Modern life is being perpetually stressed out. You can do more, travel more, consume more, live longer. But nothing stays still. It's always changing.

And for the politicians, it's like having a conversation with people in an area where your mobile phone doesn't work properly. You know what it's like. You hear scraps of the conversation, most of it distorted and it's all intensely irritating. The public think the politicians don't know or care about their lives; and the politicians feel misunderstood.
When the tape ends, Woodrow Park addresses the campaign workers.

Here in Eutopia we are faced with a momentous occasion, but there are many similarities with the situation in the video. We need to display the courage and the conviction, to get our message out their clearly, to listen sincerely to the people, to make the connections so they will know that we care about the same things that they do. Here's what we will do:
  • We have a program to improve access to affordable housing.
  • We will make sure that rules against excessive overtime aren't gutted, protecting the rights of workers.
  • We will appoint someone with the right background to head the Eutopian Pension Control board, not a political hack.
  • We will expand the neighborhood watch programs and provide enhanced training for local police in successful crime suppression methods.
  • And we will make sure that everyone's hard earned tax dollars aren't wasted.
Get out there and take that message to the people! Vote ELP on both tickets! We have the courage. We have the conviction. We will listen to the people. Their problems are our problems. Their concerns are our concerns. We will work with the people because we are the people.

Alexi Gonzov speaks to a crowd of workers assembled in New Lancaster's City Park

Hello, and good morning Eutopia!

I'd like for you to hear this part of a speech by Per Sykes on the subject of Abortion:

The Nationalist Party strongly opposes abortion. In fact we will ban abortions, unless in such circumstances like rape or the health of the mother is endangered.

And I'd like for you to hear this part of a speech by Per Bradsheet:

They think abunch of politicians a few hundred miles away know how to handle your money (...) We are the party of (...) Of minimal government! (...) If we legalize gay marriage, it will be the first drop in the bucket of Sodom. Do we then legalize bestiality? Do we legalize polygamy? Why stop there? Why not legalize pedophilia?

It seems that the Eutopian Nationalist Party pledges minimal inteference from the government if they were elected, while banning abortion and disallowing Gay Marriage. Aren't those contradictory? They are saying that a politician shouldn't decide what to do with your money, but can freely decide what to do with your child!

Why should a politician hundreds of miles away decide what to do with your Child? Why should a politician hundreds of miles away decide weather you should marry someone you love?

Per Sykes' tirade against the "evils" of Homosexuallity is appauling. He says it will be "the first drop in the bucket of sodom" and compares the orientation to "bestiality" "polygamy" and "paedophilia". This is disgusting, and wrong. What is the next minority that Sykes will attack?

Vote for the Eutopian Labour Party. Thank you.

Major Braxton adresses a crowed in one of the lower class suburbs of Eutopia City

Hello Eutopians I’m Major Edward Braxton

This election is not an election of parties it is an election of ideals and beliefs. Ideals and beliefs which can either make or break a nation. As we have seen the ENP has said they wish to be hands off government a government that has no interaction into people’s lives.

This my friends shows a government that it out of touch with the people a government that knows nothing but its own insular little world, their world consists of nothing but power and privilege, but do these people really know or even care about the ordinary people like your selves all they seemed to be interested with are the people who all ready or are able to make money, not ordinary people like your selves.

Governments that have hands off approach do not govern they pretend to govern due to the fact that they do not want to become involved in peoples lives and because of this they fail to see the problems of a nation and when they do see these problems they do not try to fix them, due to the fact that it might effect some one life. These people fail to comprehend that some government intervention into society can be healthy and beneficial as it shows people that the government actually cares about them that the government actually wants to do some thing for the people.

That is why I ask you to vote ELP as we promise not to lose touch with the common man and that we will work hand in hand with the community to make Eutopia a happier more prosperous nation!

*In Eutopia City to workers*

"Good evening Eutopians.

I'm Alastar Cain, chairman of the Labor party. Most of you probably don't recognize me. I haven't been in the spot light for very long, neither have my fellow Labor party members. We aren't the old settled members of the Eutopian political class. We are new, fresh, and we want change.

The Nationalists will come in here and tell you that we are going to drag this country down. Well their full of lies. We don't want to hurt the Eutopian economy, on the contrary, we want the government to step in and start doing its job. The government needs to support the worker, and support people who want to start their own business. The government needs to ensure that there is no foul play by big business, and that large corporations stop sticking it to the little guy.

Its a sad day when a conservative can come in and claim to represent the workers. What have conservatives done for workers? Nothing I can remember. They want to crush unions, stifle worker rights, cut back on benefits, close doors that should remain open. Conservatives aren't going to bring you jobs, they are going to let big business and company owners trample your rights.

Thats what the conservatives bring. These nationalists want to keep you down, because they know where they get their support, from your bosses, and the people who own the big businesses of Eutopia. They don't care about you. They want to keep you from organizing, stop you from having the voice you so rightfully deserve. But the Labor party isn't about to let that happen. No.

So when this election comes rolling around, go out and vote for the Labor party, we want to protect your rights, and keep you employed, and empowered.

For your sake, and for the sake of Eutopia. Vote Labor. Good night."

Alexi Gonzov speaks at an ELP rally in Hurteau

Hello, Nouvelle Aquitaine!

I want to speak to you about a very contentious issues these days, in fact, it has been a contentious issue for Decades. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, it's the Monarchy.

We at the Eutopian Labour Party think that you should have the right to decide weather there is a Monarchy in Eutopia, we feel it is a right that a government cannot deny. If we are elected, we will propose a Referendum on the Monarchy in Eutopia as soon as possible.

But let me remind you, if you do think that the ENP are all Monarchist through and through, as indicated by their speeches, then think again. Per Zhokhyen said:

"Personally, I would like nobility to be eliminated. Meaning, the government should not recognize or grant any privelege to "noble" titles. It would not be illegal to call yourse "Duke" or "Baron", but it simply wouldn't mean anything. All citizens are equal in their rights, and the government should be indescriminating."

And wait a second, wasn't the Party Chairman, the illustrious Professor Talbott part of the Coalition to Preserve the Republic?

It seems strange that so many members of the Eutopian Nationalist Party are so quickly abandoning their deepest beliefs. Why are they? One reason:

Votes.

Yes, it seems that the very flexible moral and political ideals of the ENP are being bent to make a grab for the valuable Royalist vote. Chalk one up for the Political Opportunists.

Ladies and Gentlemen, please vote for the Eutopian Labour Party.

Woodrow Park addresses an environmental group in Hannover.

"My name is Woodrow Park, and I will fill the position of Minister of the Environment if the Eutopian Labor Party wins that position. I would like to speak to you today about climate change.

From the start of the industrial revolution more than 200 years ago, developed nations have achieved ever greater prosperity and higher living standards. Eutopia has achieved some of those as well. But through this period our activities have come to affect our atmosphere, oceans, geology, chemistry and biodiversity.

What is now plain is that the emission of greenhouse gases, associated with industrialisation and strong economic growth from a world population that has increased sixfold in 200 years, is causing global warming at a rate that began as significant, has become alarming and is simply unsustainable in the long-term. And by long-term I do not mean centuries ahead. I mean within the lifetime of my children certainly; and possibly within my own. And by unsustainable, I do not mean a phenomenon causing problems of adjustment. I mean a challenge so far-reaching in its impact and irreversible in its destructive power, that it alters radically human existence.

The problem and let me state it frankly at the outset - is that the challenge is complicated politically by two factors. First, its likely effect will not be felt to its full extent until after the time for the political decisions that need to be taken, has passed. In other words, there is a mismatch in timing between the environmental and electoral impact. Secondly, no one nation alone can resolve it. It has no definable boundaries. Short of international action commonly agreed and commonly followed through, it is hard even for a large country to make a difference on its own.

But there is no doubt that the time to act is now. It is now that timely action can avert disaster. It is now that with foresight and will such action can be taken without disturbing the essence of our way of life, by adjusting behavior not altering it entirely.

There is one further preliminary point. Just as science and technology has given us the evidence to measure the danger of climate change, so it can help us find safety from it. The potential for innovation, for scientific discovery and hence, of course for business investment and growth, is enormous. With the right framework for action, the very act of solving it can unleash a new and benign commercial force to take the action forward, providing jobs, technology spin-offs and new business opportunities as well as protecting the world we live in.

But the issue is urgent. If there is one message I would leave with you and with the Eutopian people today it is one of urgency.

Let me turn now to the evidence itself. The scientific evidence of global warming and climate change:

Apart from a diminishing handful of sceptics, there is a virtual worldwide scientific consensus on the scope of the problem. As long ago as 1988 concerned scientists set up an unprecedented Intergovernmental Panel to ensure that advice to the world's decision-makers was sound and reliable.

Literally thousands of scientists are now engaged in this work. They have scrutinised the data and developed some of the world's most powerful computer models to describe and predict our climate.

Let me summarize the evidence:

- The 10 warmest years on record have all been since 1990. Over the last century average global temperatures have risen by a degrees Fahrenheit: the most drastic temperature rise for over 1,000 years in the northern hemisphere.

- Extreme events are becoming more frequent. Glaciers are melting. Sea ice and snow cover is declining. Animals and plants are responding to an earlier spring. Sea levels are rising and are forecast to rise another 3 feet by 2100 threatening 100 million people globally who currently live below this level, including 150,000 here in Eutopia.

- The number of people affected by floods worldwide has already risen from 7 million in the 1960s to 150 million today.

- Europe saw severe floods in 2002 and had an estimated cost of $16 billion. America and Eutopia have been beset by extreme hurricanes.

These environmental changes and severe weather events are already affecting the world insurance industry. Lloyds of London has estimated that the economic costs of global warming could double to $150 billion each year in the next 10 years, hitting insurers with $30-40 billion in claims.

By the middle of this century, temperatures could have risen enough to trigger irreversible melting of the Greenland ice-cap - eventually increasing sea levels by around 22 feet.

There is good evidence that last year's European heat wave was influenced by global warming. It resulted in 26,000 premature deaths and cost $13.5 billion.

It is calculated that such a summer is a one in about 800 year event. On the latest modelling climate change means that as soon as the 2040s at least one year in two is likely to be even warmer than 2003.

That is the evidence. There is one overriding positive: through the science we are aware of the problem and, with the necessary political and collective will, have the ability to address it effectively.

The public, in my view, do understand this. The news of severe weather abroad is an almost weekly occurrence. A recent opinion survey by Greenpeace showed that 78% of people are concerned about climate change.

But people are confused about what they can do. It is individuals as well as Governments and corporations who can make a real difference. The environmental impacts from business are themselves driven by the choices we make each day.

To make serious headway towards smarter lifestyles, we need to start with clear and consistent policy and messages, championed both by government and by those outside government. Telling people what they can do that would make a difference.

What can we do here? President de Fourgéres signed 50 multilateral treaties, but he didn't sign the Kyoto Protocol on greenhouse gases. We must sign that treaty. We are exploiting our new found oil and gas resouces, but we must use some of that wealth to develop wind power and nuclear power. We need to have real incentives for more fuel efficient vehicles, such as hybrids. The Moderates are in bed with the business lobby, who will not go for this. If done properly, this doesn't have to be bad for business, but the moderates won't even try. Vote for the ELP executive ticket and get someone who really cares about our environment as Minister of the Environment, not someone who let a whole term (Term 9) in office go by without doing anything for the environment or signing the Kyoto Protocol."

Woodrow Park address a crowd in Huntington.

"Citizens, my name is Woodrow Park and if the Eutopian Labor Party wins the Minister of the Interior post, I will fill it. That Ministry has various responsibilities."
The Constitution said:
The Interior Minister shall have charge over the lands and waters of Eutopia and the infrastructure necessary for the prosperity of the people, to include roads and railways, airports and seaports, the Coast Guard, environmental protection and national parks, including the Rangers, the postal service, and print and electronic media.
"I have already spoken of my plans for roads and environmental protection, but I assure you that I will not neglect the other parts of the job. Some of them work well together. When the Coast Guard is not busy saving people, such as when they are on normal patrol for drug smugglers, they can also be alert for pollution from oil platforms and cargo ships. The dictator underfunded maintenance of our infrastucture, so we have some work to do to catch up with deferred and overdue repairs, lest we have a severe accident. You can be sure that if the Eutopian Labor Party is on the job, the work will be done. What will the other parties do? They say they will cut taxes, which means they won't be able to fund this work, and your commute to work will get longer and become dangerous.

We will expand the volunteer programs at our National Parks, not to replace paid rangers, but increase access and interest for the rest of us. We will faciliate the expansion of fiber optic networks and wi-fi zones, so more of you can get broadband access. This will assist businesses in addition to making web surfing swifter. There are some services that it is more efficient for the government to supply. You know that. The ELP knows that. Yet most other parties question that obvious fact. They will gut your services in a dangerous manner in an ill-conceived experiment. Don't let them! Vote Eutopian Labor Party!"

TV commercial...footage of speech...pollution in the Konigsee...an empty chair...on which the word "No!" is later superimposed, then the Eutopian Labor banner slides on the screen, replacing the other images, with the word "YES!" later appeaing underneath, all the while the voice over says...
"Former President and Environment Minister Al'Aeshir delivered a campaign speech saying what he would do if he became Minister of the Interior. It is a fine speech. The problem is, he has already been in a position to do what he promised, and he utterly failed to deliver. As President, he had a substantial majority in the legislature, yet none of those laws were enacted, much less proposed. As Minister of the Environment and Social Affairs he was ineffectual, absent, or both, carrying out none of policies he advocates. All he does is make fine speeches. Don't vote for someone who has already failed, for lack of effort. Vote ELP, we will DO the work for you!"

Reverend Woodrow Park speaks at late campaign rally in Guilford.

"Citizens, My name is Woodrow Park, and I urge you to vote for the Eutopian Labour Party. I seem to have attracted the attention of a former President who is campaigning for the same office for the MRP. He admits that his party was ineffective in passing legislation when they had more than a majority, but he says it will be different this time. Yes, I expect it will be, as they won't have a majority, so they will have an alternative excuse for why they couldn't accomplish anything. The other stuff he said was full of errors or shows he hasn't taken the slightest trouble to research what he says. Is that what you want in a cabinet minister? I don't think so!

He mentions events that happened when I was still a student, as asks where I was. It is a matter of public record, so he obviously didn't bother to check. Mr. Al'Aeshir served ably before term 8. He was elected overwhelming in term 9 but did virtually nothing, yet that tired him out so much that he felt the need to retire from office and politics just before the end of the term. If he had carried on like he did before, he would have to run on different promises, as he would have already carried out his program. But he didn't. It is time for someone else to have a try.

He said 'I was at the Constitutional Convention. Where were you?' Mr. Al'Aeshir spoke more often at the convention, but unlike him, I still have to work for a living, and could only be there on my day off. While I was there I proposed three amendments, two of which accepted and are in the constitution that was approved overwhelming by the people. Again, he is either trying to mislead the public or he didn't do his research. Which is worse for a cabinet minister? Best not take a chance. Vote Eutopian Labor Party!"

*In the W.E.T. to a group of RF supporters.*

"Good evening Eutopians! I'm afraid I can't stay long this evening, but I'm sure you'd rather all be back home then here listening to me.

Monarchy has been a big issues lately. The ENP is trying to woe the Royal Foundation back to vote for them, how? By blasting our party. The Liberty Party came against us as well, saying we can't make a decision.

I'm here to plainly show what our party plans and believes.

The people must decide. A referendum will be IMMEDIATLY called to let the people of Eutopia choose. It is your decision, politicians should not be the ones to decide this. Not us politicians.

I am a monarchist, and I will vote to support the referendum. I'll encourage others to do the same. But should our party have a stance on this issue? No. It is not for the politicians to decide, but you, and the rest of the Eutopian people. Perhaps the ELP wants to decide for you, but we think you should decide for the sake of all Eutopia.

If you choose to support a monarchy, we will immediatly present an ammendment, naming a monarch as our head of state. This will provide Eutopia with a strong figure to guide our nation, and a beacon to show the world. We can be strong, and move forward as a nation, either way. And the ELP will go on representing the workers of Eutopia.

On the way back to NeuWestbaden, Woodrow Park stops at Heorot to address a small crowd.

"Fellow citizens! If you saw the debate, you know I am Woody Park and I support the Eutopian Labor Party. You also learned that the ENP wants to 'privatize' both Omnicare and Medicure ASAP. The Party of Liberty, who didn't bother to show up at the debate has said so as well. They both want to do it for dogmatic reasons, either to make government smaller or end a monopoly, or both. They are entitled to their beliefs, but if you vote for them, it will end up costing you money. Most of funds handled by Omnicare are for health insurance. These premiums come from the employers. If someone works for the Federal government, then the Federal government pays that premium. That shows up in the budget, but it is just a normal employment cost, not a subsidy. Someone else working for a company or a province has their premiums paid by the company or the province. Those premiums cover their whole family, not just the worker. Someone who is self-employed pays their own premium. They may not figure this in when they are setting up their business, but it is better than skimping and doing without insurance. The Federal government, through the social programs pays the premiums for the unemployed, so the truly needy are not denied healthcare, an aspect that the other parties said they would not change. This is the other part of what goes from the Federal coffer, meaning your tax dollars, to Omnicare and thence to Medicure.

If there were a private alternative, Omnicure's premium and claims processing system would be working at less than its capacity, which would make them less efficient. The private company would have to build up their own systems, which will cost them money, that they will need to cover with their premiums. They would probably offer lower rates to attract business, but they would do so by being quite selective about who they insured, thereby skimming the healthiest individuals out of the system, leaving the state to cover the more expensive cases. Where is the gain for our nation in that case? There isn't one. Or, to attract business, they might sell no frills policies, with severely limited benefits. They would get some business, because people know that if something really bad happened, they could still get treatment, so in effect, the state would be subsidizing the private insurer.

The private insurer would have to raise capital to set up its operations, funds that it would have to earn a fair return on. Using a normal mix of equity and debt, the weighted average cost of capital typically averages about 11%. Omnicare, being backed by the government, has its investment funded at government debt rates, which thanks to dollarization, are now substantially less than that. Thus we see that, in this case, the noble (to some) ideas of smaller government and ending monopoly really mean higher costs for the nation as a whole, with hidden subsidies for the private alternative. Some businesses are more efficient as a monopoly. Your town does not need two competing water companies, one is more efficient. It must be either regulated or run by a government to make sure the monopoly power is not abused, that the service is adequate, and that it is responsive to the demands of you, its customers. For the reasons discussed, health insurance belongs in this category, of areas where a monopoly is more efficient. Looking at the cost of health care in the United States makes this conclusion obvious, if my words failed to convince you.

The Eutopian Labor Party answers to you, the people. Instead of trying to get rid of Omnicare or waste your money privatizing health insurance, we will devote our energies in making it better, by making it more efficient and more responsive. Only a party that believes in the validity of the concept can effectively do that. Vote for the Eutopian Labor Party!"

Major Braxton Makes a speach out side Eutopia Cities largest Homless Shelter

Hello fellow Eutopians I am Major Edward Braxton candidate for social services. As your minister for social services I promise no a pledge to you that I will work hand in hand with you the community to make Eutopia a better place for the disadvantaged.

Unlike some parties I do not believe that cutting some ones unemployment benefits will make them get a job, this is because firstly I trust you yes I trust in you the people of Eutopia to the right thing but unfortunately there are those that abuse this trust and that abuse the system. These few give people the wrong idea about the disadvantaged an unemployed, the ones who abuse the system make it look like all the unemployed and disadvantaged people are lazy. Well do you know what I say to those who believe that, I tell them that know one really wants to be on a dole and many people who are on the dole might feel embarrassed when they know that they are able to work but they cannot find jobs?

Might programme will also crack down on people who are abusing this system by regularly checking on the people who are on the dole and making sure that they are activity are trying to gain employment. If these investigators find out that the person has not been activity trying to gain employment the individuals will have a few months to redeem them selves. But if after this second chance has been given and the individual has not been trying to seek employment the persons benefit will unfortunately be halved and then cut completely.

So remember when you vote that I Major Braxton promise that when you fall down I will pick you up and help you get back on you feet. I also promise that I will not let you down if you have a problem with what I am doing my door will be open to you for you to voice your grievances or opinions no one will be turned away and all of your opinions will be taken on board. So I hope that we can work together hand in hand to make Eutopia a brighter and better place to live in.

Braxton Makes this speech outside on of New Lancasters Recation centres

I am Major Braxton the Eutopian Labour Parties candidate for Social Services Minister, and I am here today to talk you all about sport in Eutopia.

As Social Services Minister I will try to foster a greater interest in sport in all levels.This is because Participation in physical activity creates a wide range of benefits for individuals and the communities they live in. When people are physically active they are healthier, happier and more socially inclusive.
By providing opportunities for social interaction, sport and recreation can help enhance community identity and promote community integration. Individuals learn and share community values and attitudes and can gain a better understanding of other groups in society. Participation can also have a deterrent effect on anti-social behaviour, including vandalism and petty crime.

Economic benefits are gained from direct and indirect employment in sport and recreation as well as from sales of sport and recreation goods and services.

That is why as Social Services Minister I will firstly build up more of an interest in sports by making sure that all community sporting centers are adequately maintained and that any sporting centre which have substandard equipment are up graded.

The reason why this will be done is because sporting centers act as a base where new talent comes from if these places are under funded and neglected we essentially stop the sporting development of this nation and I hope that you like me wish to see Eutopia win in all sporting events it takes place in, so please vote for the Eutopian Labour party because if we support sport today we are supporting the sporting stars of the future

On his way back to NeuWestbaden, Woody had been listening to the radio and heard a ENP broadcast. He issues a statement to the press when he arrives, a few hours before the polls close.

"There are many new parties with new ideas this campaign season. In general, that is a good thing. The new parties have new ideas, again, that is usually good. But see what someone from the ENP said:"
Hilda Faulkner said:
The Eutopian Government must encourage the individual and the family to save. I want to see the state contributing to private pension schemes.
"The laws from before the Junta, unless contradicted by the new Constitution, still apply. Ms. Faulkner seems to be unaware of the Eutopian Pension Plan Reform Act that does just what she is calling for, giving any worker the incentive to set aside a larger slice of their earnings before tax, and if they did so, to put it in a fund of their own choosing, provided it met certain qualifications. It is certainly a good idea, but it has already been done. By that standard, there are plenty of good ideas available that have been already implemented. Do you want to vote for a party that just spouts it's ideas, without checking to see what needs doing? I don't think so! Vote ELP!"