Europa Universalis IV Screenshots Megathread

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Please just take my money now...

No real complains about the map with the exception of one thing:
More provinces please.

Some small screens I made watching videos frame by frame:

There is a base amount of monarch power you get each month (3 points). So the minimum is 3 (without advisors and with idiot monarch) and the maximum is 12 (with 3 rank advisor and excellent monarch).

tp_power_adm.jpg

Each vassal you have takes away from you 1 point of diplomatic power. I wonder what France which has 6 vassals on 1444 in EU3 will do with it...

tp_power_dip.jpg

Your maximum manpower is now equal 120 months (or ten years) of your month manpower gain (in EU2/EU3 it was 2 years). So your manpower is decreased by 5 times compared with manpower in EU3.

tp_manpower.jpg

Same religion increases another country's opinion of you by 25 points while different religion decreases it by the same 25 points. Modifier "Enemy of my enemy" increases opinion by 50.

tp_opinion_mod1.jpg

tp_opinion_mod2.jpg

All provinces in trade mapmode now have a modifier called "Province power". I suppose that determines maximum power you can project to a trade node, and you get money from that trade node equal your projected power. For example, Alexandria has 16 gold in trade, Venice projects 11 trade power (with about 22 max) and gets around 8 gold from Alexandria.

tradegoods_fish.jpg

tp_node1.jpg

tp_node5.jpg

tp_node_steer2.jpg

Venice has a tradition which increase its projected power by 15%

tp_node_steer3.jpg

Trade distance is in the game still and you can't project power to a trade node which is not in your distance.

tradegoods_grain.jpg

There is a tooltip which tells you what is a chance of your advisor to die this year. Advisor active for 19 years has 45% death chance

tp_advisordeath.jpg

You can attach friendly units to a fleet. Don't sure what does this mean.

tp_attach.jpg

You can attach friendly units to a fleet. Don't sure what does this mean.

tp_attach.jpg

You can stick your fleets/armies to allied fleets/armies. So if you are a small minor and allied with Brittain in a war against France for example, you just attach your fleet to the british fleet. Where the British fleet goes, yours go. Now you don't have to worry about sending the correct orders all the time while the AI can use a bigger fleet to defeat the French fleets. You can detach at any time if it's the same like CK2 or the latest EU3 beta. The AI will often use this feature to attach their armies to yours so Vassals will be a lot more helpful in a war.

Hungarian provinces

I love you paradox, but when it comes to provinces outside the Scandinavian/English sphere you seem to be lackluster and incorrect. (no pun intended...)

what i'm talking about right now are the Hungarian provinces. (the kingdom of Hungary i mean). All i've seen was this image - and it was enough to give me a through-the-head-face palm.
vlcsnap2012081815h11m51.jpg

now i want you to look at the position of the following provinces:

Pécs
Érsekújvár
(the rest cant be seen)

Fact #1: Pécs - is in reality like 500 miles to the south, completely on the other end of Hungary - also, there was NEVER any region/province in hungary called Pécs - it was a capital of a province called BARANYA. (if i could i would place it right between Somogy and Szolnok, to the north of Osijek)
Fact #2: Érsekújvár - it supposed to be somewhere where the Pécs province is ATM. The location where the current Province is should be Zilina or Zsolna (1st is in Slovak, 2nd in Hungarian)

For all of you who doubt these facts - CHECK GOOGLE, WIKIPEDIA - type: Pécs Érsekújvár - check for their location - you can even google the map of the former Hungarian kingdom - which will further prove what i said.

BTW yes, i made a similar post during the CK2 development - it was completely ignored, the admins even removed it, and the game came out with a Hungary - which wasn't Hungary...
...therefore i didn't buy the game

(#1 i know that there were some promising mods to fix the map errors, like the prince and thane mod, but was still kinda pissed so)
(#2 i was quite pleased that paradox reworked Poland and Czech Republic in CK2, lets hope its early enough to do the same with hungary in EU4)

I love you paradox, but when it comes to provinces outside the Scandinavian/English sphere you seem to be lackluster and incorrect. (no pun intended...)

what i'm talking about right now are the Hungarian provinces. (the kingdom of Hungary i mean). All i've seen was this image - and it was enough to give me a through-the-head-face palm.

now i want you to look at the position of the following provinces:

Pécs
Érsekújvár
(the rest cant be seen)

Fact #1: Pécs - is in reality like 500 miles to the south, completely on the other end of Hungary - also, there was NEVER any region/province in hungary called Pécs - it was a capital of a province called BARANYA. (if i could i would place it right between Somogy and Szolnok, to the north of Osijek)
Fact #2: Érsekújvár - it supposed to be somewhere where the Pécs province is ATM. The location where the current Province is should be Zilina or Zsolna (1st is in Slovak, 2nd in Hungarian)

For all of you who doubt these facts - CHECK GOOGLE, WIKIPEDIA - type: Pécs Érsekújvár - check for their location - you can even google the map of the former Hungarian kingdom - which will further prove what i said.

BTW yes, i made a similar post during the CK2 development - it was completely ignored, the admins even removed it, and the game came out with a Hungary - which wasn't Hungary...

(#1 i know that there were some promising mods to fix the map errors, like the prince and thane mod, but was still kinda pissed so)
(#2 i was quite pleased that paradox reworked Poland and Czech Republic in CK2, lets hope its early enough to do the same with hungary in EU4)

That's an old screen, can't see Bari in Napoli either. There will be some changes in Eastern and Central Europe too for sure.

I also have to join the chorus; This will be the best game ever. I'm sooooo excited I'm almost dying. The devs are doing a great job.

That is the map to EUIII. Paradox has repeatedly stated that the map shown in screenshots is just the EUIII map pasted onto EUIV's new topography, and the province layout will be completely changed.

Even if it is the old map, I'm pretty sure PDS will make a lot of shortcomings with a new one. For example, it's obvious that they will make more provinces for Austria (which means richer) than for Bohemia-Moravia and Silesia like in every game they have created so far.

Well best is to understand that dev time is limited and they can't review everything there is always something somewhere that people will complain about (esp concerning times were you can find contradictory sources)
Best always is to create a thread with visible borders, visible names and how you think things should be switched around (in a clear way like a new screenshot with the new names). Giving a map source (not just "look google/wikipedia" but an actual believable map image) is helping in the way that it proves that it's not just some random user pushing his beliefs but giving only a map source is of no help in itself because it does not do the work. Also sometimes pdox games uses important city names for provinces rather than historical province name (if only because it's more recognisable for players (and gameplay > everything)).
It does not garrantee anything but it's helpful in case devs have time and consider the changes valid. Just 2 cents on how to try to help out pdox get a better map (which is imho better than just saying "fix x or I won't buy the game" (why should they even fix things for people who are not their customers ;) )

Also I think you have missed out on something by not buying CK2 just because of a few misplaced/mislabelled provinces, it's a game not an atlas and a very good game even.

I love you paradox,

You love Paradox but you refuse to pay for their games (or play them, either way) because you don't agree with the name of a few provinces (which is extremely easy to mod, hell you can even do it in-game).

That sounds extremely sensible.

Even if it is the old map, I'm pretty sure PDS will make a lot of shortcomings with a new one. For example, it's obvious that they will make more provinces for Austria (which means richer) than for Bohemia-Moravia and Silesia like in every game they have created so far.

Of course, but that doesnt mean the other provinces and areas need to be neglected.

the map looks really good can't wait for it:blush:

i agree. love the moving objects on it like flying birds. reminds me of another game from years ago called knights of honor (only better graphics)

For once in a Paradox game, can we have correct city placement? I've noticed huge geographical errors in both EUIII and CKII when it comes to city placement, correct city naming according to province, and incorrect terrain geography (especially in the Americas in EU3). Please for once do your research on where capital cities are in provinces.