Europa Universalis IV Screenshots Megathread

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
remember the first screenshots of CK2 looked like this:

crusader-kings-2-screenshot-1.jpg

Wow! I forgot that :O

Remove the game time limit altogether. I don't see why anyone would want a set time span when games like Total War allow you to play your country for as long as you'd like. Sure, people can mod the game to remove the time limit, but it really is a feature that should be included in the full game. No one is forcing you to play forever, but some of us would like to.

No Total War game allows you to play as long as you like. It has fairly short time limits that most people don't see because they tend to conquer everything. You need a limit for technical reasons that you just can't avoid.

Remove the game time limit altogether. I don't see why anyone would want a set time span when games like Total War allow you to play your country for as long as you'd like. Sure, people can mod the game to remove the time limit, but it really is a feature that should be included in the full game. No one is forcing you to play forever, but some of us would like to.
Apart from technical reasons (if a game needs to keep time, just as Paradox games do, there needs to be a limit on its value) games aren't made endless for two reasons:
1) It is very hard to create games that can simulate very different periods well and not hog computer resources
2) If someone could create such a game, then - after selling many copies, no doubt at that - the demand for historical games (I assume it can't be too high even now) would drop considerably, as everyone would be content with playing that single game, and would have no need to buy any different. Thus the company to publish such a game would kill off not only its competition, but itself as well.

@takedown47:
But i don't think that the graphics of the EU 4 final version will be changed that much compared to the beta

I agree. I think the reason CK2 alpha makes your eyes bleed is that was 1 year before release and they were still developing the new style map.

Not all provinces have that (look at Görz and the last screenshots from the pc gamers preview of Burgas/Edirne and Africa). They probably haven't spend time with placing everything at the proper location.

I love the fact it's Crusader Kings 2 textures, they look beautiful. Good work guys.