• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That's the flag of Austria-Hungary in the First World War. It is associated with the defeat in that war.

Austria-Hungary that might emerge in 1930s is a New Beginning for Austrians and Hungarians, and that black&yellow bicolor is supposed to symbolize a New Hope for them

That's the flag of Austria-Hungary since 1867 (since the Ausgleich) and it can't symbolize loss in WWI.

That's the flag of Austria-Hungary since 1867 (since the Ausgleich) and it can't symbolize loss in WWI.

+1 on that... Plus I say it again, the Yellow/Black flag in the HABSBURG ONE, Spain even used it when it was under Habsburg control...

While I can agree with restarting the dualism, I don't think Hungarians would give up using their tricolor, since it has it's roots in the 1848-49 revolution and freedom fight. Even today this is something that any Hungarian knows - at least heard, which is a shame and yet, typical.

+1 on that... Plus I say it again, the Yellow/Black flag in the HABSBURG ONE, Spain even used it when it was under Habsburg control...

Austria-Hungary, that might emerge in 1930s, is exactly a Hapsburg monarchy. That means Hapsburg imagery is not alien to her.

I personally prefer the Black & Yellow bicolor, but I can add your proposal as a second option, so as every user himself could choose and use whichever one he likes more. Then my question is what their Air Force roundel would look like ?

While I can agree with restarting the dualism, I don't think Hungarians would give up using their tricolor, since it has it's roots in the 1848-49 revolution and freedom fight. Even today this is something that any Hungarian knows - at least heard, which is a shame and yet, typical.

Ghery, if you'd like to propose a third option, I need to see it. But it has to be suitable for both Hungarians and Austrians. I also need to know your suggestion about a possible Air Force roundel.

I've already made like 7 options of shields/flags for Nazi Germany. We can have 2-3 options for Austria-Hungary. Why not ? :)

I personally prefer the Black & Yellow bicolor, but I can add your proposal as a second option, so as every user himself could choose and use whichever one he likes more. Then my question is what their Air Force roundel would look like ?

The historical one, look here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_air_forces#Former_countries
and
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austro-Hungarian_Air_Corps#Markings

Cross-Pattee-Heraldry.png

Last edited:
I like black-yellow flag, altough it doesen't really fit to Austria-Hungary. You have good point about Austrians and Hungarians having bad memories on the end of common state, and the new flag representing revival of Habsburgs, but maybe I can suggest ''ausgleich''?

Using black-yellow flag with common coat of arms?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Austria-Hungaria_transparency.png

The historical one, look here:

Cross-Pattee-Heraldry.png

Yet again it's their roundel used in WW I. Associated with their defeat in that war. Nevertheless I can add the flag and the roundel, proposed by you, as Option #2.

but maybe I can suggest ''ausgleich''?

Using black-yellow flag with common coat of arms?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Austria-Hungaria_transparency.png

I don't mind. We can try to make it Option # 3.

If anybody else would like to suggest something different, go ahead, don't hesitate. We can add your option too if it looks good and makes sense

Yet again it's their roundel used in WW I. Associated with their defeat in that war. Nevertheless I can add the flag and the roundel, proposed by you, as Option #2.

Erm... There weren't any aircraft prior to WWI!:)

Yes, I'd like to suggest one. What if we just take the Hungarian tricolor (red/white/green) and place that Austrian eagle (with two heads) on it ?

What d'you think ?

I think it sounds like a good idea. Fair for Austrians and Hungarians alike

Because the old Austria-Hungary was a hereditary enemy of France. There had been so many wars and conflicts between the two nations in the past. It was a great relief for the French when A-H disintegrated as a result of the Great War. The new European order, post WW I, was designed and maintained by the French. A resurrection of Austria-Hungary breaks that order, it takes the situation in Europe completely out of the French control. It seems to be very logical that France would hate such changes in Europe. Don't you think so ? :)
If that nation is friendly to france i doubt they could see anything bad at that time, especially with the rise of nazism. Also at that time france was encountering major internal problems: the fascists wanted to topple the government and so did the communists, those 2 factions often fought and created riots. So france didnt really did manage things outside of the nation. Afterall if france was so powerfull it would have swept away nazism in germany from the start.

Some negative relation modifer would be enough i guess.

If that nation is friendly to france i doubt they could see anything bad at that time, especially with the rise of nazism. Also at that time france was encountering major internal problems: the fascists wanted to topple the government and so did the communists, those 2 factions often fought and created riots. So france didnt really did manage things outside of the nation. Afterall if france was so powerfull it would have swept away nazism in germany from the start.

Some negative relation modifer would be enough i guess.

Those reaction events have more than just one option. So, that reaction throughout Europe doesn't have to be always hostile. Even Germany can choose being relatively friendly to Austria-Hungary. The AI chance of that for Germany is very low though

Nowdays Hungarian military uses a wedge of the tricolor for marking vehicles. So for the air force, what about the above idea in a wedge?

I prefer a circle, because it is much better visible

Option # 2

Yes, what about red-white-red/green?

I mean smth like

████████████████
████████████████
████████████████

This one came out not too bad

ahb41919shield.png

ahb41919flag.png

ahb41919counter.png

Option # 3

Yes, I'd like to suggest one. What if we just take the Hungarian tricolor (red/white/green) and place that Austrian eagle (with two heads) on it ?

What d'you think ?

This one ain't bad either

ahhunshield.png

ahhunflag.png

ahhuncounter.png

3 Options for Austria-Hungary

But I am not going to remove my own option. It's going to remain Option # 1.

Option #1
ashframed.png

Option #2
ash2framed.png

Option #3
ash4framed.png