• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, I believe Paradox will probably release an extended timeline as an expansion and merely focus on improving the game in this update. Good news, though!

Now, all we need is for that extra timeline so we can expand into the Dark Ages, Rise of the Byzantine Empire, etc and convert to CK. :D

I can't wait to try it out!

Nice price point!

Now the only thing needed is the ability to create "super" provinces and appoint governors a la CK dukes. This has been asked for a hundred times and 101st is not going to hurt, I hope.

Historic - yes.

Helps gameplay - of course, no need to appoint dozens of governors.

I doubt Roman empire at the height of its power appointed hundreds of governors. More like a couple of dozens, really.

Here's the map for those who can't live w/o one: http://intranet.dalton.org/groups/Rome/RMap.html

Internal Politics, connected with Missions and Decisions like from IN? Life is goooooood!

Brilliant news. Love this game as it stands but really looking forward to this. Also it is a step closer towards EU: Crusades which I think is your best hope for CK2

Damn, I was working some time now to add internal politics and factions in the game for a mod. Now this will render it obsolete!

However I'm glad that we will get an expansion.

That was about time :p , i hope it will improve the game "görbra" as we say in sweden :D ...

nalivayko said:
Now the only thing needed is the ability to create "super" provinces and appoint governors a la CK dukes. This has been asked for a hundred times and 101st is not going to hurt, I hope.

Reading the OP is sometimes a good idea before you whine :)

"- Mobilize the Senate to back important laws such as 'Lex Gabinia' to fight piracy or the 'Lex Acilia Repetundarum' to reduce corruption. Players can also enact decisions at various levels, working with regional governors to grant citizenships to a region or a province."

This does however render a big part of our mod redundant :(

It had better include more tribal nations, i'm tired of all this blank territory..... reminds me of a Total War game which I HATE.

Give us more germanic and dacian area tribes, it would make the game a lot more interesting.

Kanaric said:
It had better include more tribal nations, i'm tired of all this blank territory..... reminds me of a Total War game which I HATE.

Give us more Germanic and dacian area tribes, it would make the game a lot more interesting.
Well do you know what could happen if they do this? If they will not alter the combat system in favor of the tribal nation then they will probably be destroyed early in the game. This always happens to Dacia, which they added in the last patches from the start of the game. This will mean that Dacia gets annexed very early (just like Illyria, though Illyria isn't a tribal nation) and aids the expansion into the uncolonized provinces, because it already has a fairly high civilization level. If Paradox would add more nations within the reach of the more powerful ones they will be able to grow considerably faster, making the game even easier for the larger nations.