• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Eloisa Botton

Recruit
1 Badges
Jul 12, 2014
  • East India Company
Hi, my name is Eloisa de Botton, from Brazil and I bought this game in France a few years ago.
It´s serial No. is [REDACTED] and it was installed in a different machine than today.
I´ve been trying to reinstall in may new machine with Window 7. Concerning compatibility problems, I create a partition with Windows XP for it to run, but whenever I try to reinstall it keeps asking for the serial No. and my old e-mail address.
The problem is that I don´t use that e-mail address anymore, and I don´t have the specs for it.
So I ask you: how can I re-install this game again using this new e-mail?

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought the game recently from IndieGameStudio, they gave me a key and the files to download. The key didn't work. They said "contact the developer". The developer, Nitro, refers people to the publisher (Paradox). Here, Paradox is sending people to Stardock. Stardock will not help either, their response was "East India Company uses/used an activation method developed by Stardock back when we had Impulse, which was sold off to Gamestop." So they send you to GameStop. Gamestop won't help either, they say "Unfortunately, we are unable to assist you because the purchase was not made directly with Gamestop and we have not records of this purchase." I suspect the reason the keys don't work is Gamestop has invalidated any and all old keys that they didn't sell themselves.

So you're out of luck. Fortunately for me, IndieGameStudio also provided me a steam activation key, and that one worked, so I can play the game as long as Steam doesn't go out of business or sell out to somebody else who chooses to not honor their old licenses.

I think it's incredible that Paradox doesn't know this and is still sending people to Stardock, since the deal (Stardock selling impulse to Gamestop) was announced 3/2011. Perhaps they find it easier to pretend not to know, but as they say "Never ascribe to malice what can be explained by gross incompetence".