• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That picture is of the huntsman from Once upon a time is it not?

I believe so, for some strange reason fan art isn't very popular for an older Rickon Stark.

As for Margaery, I always felt like she wants to be the Queen of the World and isn't happy unless she is. I'm sure she has other plots going at the same time as Lord Edric.

Also, small little update to the last post. Forgot some CK2 pics and the main point of Lord Edric turning Margaery away, which so far is out of character.

I believe so, for some strange reason fan art isn't very popular for an older Rickon Stark.

As for Margaery, I always felt like she wants to be the Queen of the World and isn't happy unless she is. I'm sure she has other plots going at the same time as Lord Edric.

Also, small little update to the last post. Forgot some CK2 pics and the main point of Lord Edric turning Margaery away, which so far is out of character.
imbyign Stark kids live long enough to get old. :p
also subbed

Alliances
Lord Edric Dayne POV

It was late at night when we arrived at Skyreach. We had stayed for the rest of the tourney but to say it hadn't gone the way I had envisioned would be putting it bluntly. I was meant to leave covered in honor. I was meant to leave with a Frey as a prisoner. And I was meant to leave knowing I had furthered myself and my House. I left the tourney instead, wondering if I'd made every wrong decision I could have made. I went for the kill against Lucas Tyrell and was too enthusiastic in my attempt. I got as many co-conspirators as possible to capture Ser Walder Frey, not “the” Walder Frey as he was long dead but the eldest Frey son of his still alive. However one or more of them opened their big mouths and Ser Walder had fled before we could capture him. And finally, I had turned away Maergary Tyrell, having decided to pursue the family sword. Could that come to haunt me further down the road.

Either way, I was glad to be back in Dorne, and was going to stay in Skyreach for a couple of days, overseer what was happening here and to recharge my spirit. So it warmed my heart more than the Dornish Sun ever could when I saw Arya at the entrance to the castle, a smile on her face as she came towards me and embraced me in a hug. I don't know if it was this day or one in the future that made me realize how much Arya had come to mean to me, but this is definately one of the moments I remember thinking how lucky I was.

And Arya had changed. All though that mischievous, revenge seeking and cynical girl still exsisted inside of her, the trip to Skagos had truly turned her into a woman. She carried herself differently now, with a confidence that was alluring. She told me she had heard of my defeat and I felt like I had let her down, but she made sure to let me know otherwise and that my day would come. She then told me she had found Rickon, but had to make a promise to secure his release. I told her to tell me when we retired to our chambers.

That night was an interesting one. Not only did we embrace and enjoy our reunion like a true man and wife, but we also talked. Similar to how we did before, but this time there was no arguing. If we didn't see eye to eye, we worked out a compromise. And by the morning when we had woken up, everything in the past was in the past, and our plan for the future was clear. We would keep our words, because that's what we both did. Even the news that to secure Rickon's release we had to attempt to make him Lord or King of the North couldn't dampen my spirits. All though we both agreed we should try an honor our agreement with the Skagosi if just for our own honor.

The first thing we would do is consolidate our power. Right now we could muster forces of around five to seven thousand. Not enough to really ensure our victory if we were to move on the Riverlands or the Boltons. Definately not enough to take the north. So our goal was simple, we needed more men. And the next step was clear. We needed to unite the Stone Dornish. I already had claims to Kingsgrave and Yronwood thanks to the tireless work of Gulian, and was close to getting a claim on Wyl. If I could be successful in battle again, then we would have greater numbers. But only if the Freys and Bolton's stood alone. If the Riverlands or the North came to their defence respectively, we would be screwed. And we had no chance of taking the North for Rickon.

We needed allies.

That morning we went to break our fast and this was the first time I was introduced to Rickon Stark. He was a man now but he didn't seem to act like one. Whether something to do with his upbringing or something else, I could not look at him as my equal. He was scraggy and unkept. And apparently he didn't want to change that. He ate with little to no manners at all. His answers were usually yes or no, seemingly having no personality what so ever. But he was my brother in law, and the rightful Lord of the North. I just couldn't see him inspiring the North to revolt. Maybe they would have if a Bolton was Lord of the North. But they weren't. Some woman I had never heard of but Arya knew of, had some how taken Winterfell as her own and was ruling the north. How it happened none of us knew. But Rickon didn't seem the type to inspire the loyalty the North was meant to have towards the Starks.

Arya ensured me that the Skagosi would be on our side, but they didn't have enough men to make a difference. However by the end of our meal, I suggest a plan to them both. Rickon didn't seem to care but Arya agreed it was our only choice.

I wasn't the right man for Maergary Tyrell's ambitions, but maybe Rickon was. She wanted to be in power, she wanted to be a Queen. She wanted a lot of things. And as the wife of the Lord or King of the North, perhaps that would satisfy her desire and ambition for power.And if it did, then with the Tyrell's as an ally, we could suddenly start looking at the revenge and ambitions of our own.

We sent a raven that afternoon and it didn't take long for a response to come flying it's way back to us. Whether it was eagerness to have another card to play should the Lannisters try and slowly remove the Tyrell's influence of the Seven Kingdoms, or if Mace Tyrell just wanted to be rid of his potentially troublesome daughter, we will never know. But the response was quick and eager. Despite Rickon not currently ruling over any lands, the Tyrell's agreed to the union, and that Margaery and a small garrison would be on their way with a dowry. It seemed like they were trying to move extremely fast, and didn't ask for anything in return.

It took three months, and a lot of Tyrell's running around my castle. We stayed at Skyreach as it was closer to the Reach. First Margaery arrived, with seven personal bodyguards, which I deemed a bit distastetful, demanding a room worth of her stature. Of course she did it in her butter wouldn't melt way, but for someone reason I seemed one of the few impervous to her charms. Then more and more Tyrell's arrived to help with planning, putting up structures and paying for entertainment. Unfortunately as Lord here, everything had to go through me, so I spent a lot of my days just clearing everything that was being planned. I knew the Tyrell's were rich and liked to show it, but they had thrown three weddings for her already.

As the day drew closer, the big members of the house started to arrive. And then the whole Tyrell family arrived apart from Willas who had been left to govern the reach. Mace Tyrell greeted me like I was a long lost son, which felt extremely forced. Lady Olenna complained a lot, but at least she complained in a humerous way. And then there was Garlan Tyrell, finally a Tyrell that I could get along with. He wasn't really interested in the wedding, all though he liked the idea of the possibilities it represented. We talked when we could, about potential campaigns. About battles we had already been in. He had far more experience than I did, but he didn't hold it over me, and I took the oppertunity to learn.

Then the day arrived. Even I'll admit that it was a beautiful set up and layout, if not a bit extravagent. By this time, Rickon was infatuated with Margaery Tyrell. It was all he talked about. It was as if they had been in love for years. Garlan informed me that his sister had that effect on impretionable men. So by the time of the ceremony he was as giddy as a child.

Margaery was walked down the aisle by her father and looked beautiful in a green dress that had flowers around the bottom. She swayed into the room and the people all loved her. Even the Dornish. She had a way to her which was hard to describe but put most at ease.

They said their words first in the Sept in front of the Seven. The cloaking was left till later in front of a Weirwood tree. And then it was onto the feast, that easily out did the feast at my own wedding. Food from all over the seven kingdoms and different entertainers from all over the world. I don't think Skyreach had seen this many people in years.

It was soon time for the bedding, and Rickon's smile took over his entire face. I took no part however, which seemed to surprise many around me, including my wife. I suppose I had brought it on myself after my years as Lord had resulted in two bastard born sons. Fortunately most didn't know about Arianna Martell or her handmaiden.

“I don't mind,” Arya said to me as we watched the ladies take Rickon and the men take Margaery to their chambers.

“I know you don't, it just doesn't interest me.” I responded as I took her hand into mine.

The next day, the cleaning began and I was happy that I wasn't tasked with that, not that I would be. Clearly everyone had enjoyed themselves and Rickon woke up looking like the cat that had got the cream. We all broke our fast together, and many went back to bed. But Garlan suggested we go and spar, as we wouldn't get an oppertunity to do so again for a while. Arya joined us to watch. And I noticed that thanks to the friendship I had forged with Garlan that I had become better with the sword, with the spear and my general knowledge of battle had all improved. Garlan even praised me, saying that I would soon out class him and that he was glad we would most likely be on the same side from this day forward.

It was these words that made me realize the gravity of what had happened the day before. A Northernmen had married a Lady from the Reach, in Dorne. And what would come from this, I didn't know, but I hoped it all went to plan. That evening I got news that at least for now, everything seemed to be going our way.

imbyign Stark kids live long enough to get old. :p
also subbed
Thanks for the sub man.

Yeah, I'm surprised one of them hasn't passed away in some shocking manner but I'll take it.

Also an update, should be getting computer back this weekend hopefully. But if I don't the AAR can't continue past this point as I've not played past this point. So I'll keep you all updated.

I love how easy it is to have the AI marry Margaery off, even if the alliance isn't that good. Its also good to see the duelist trait. Another step towards the Sword of the Morning.

I really enjoy your style of writing and how there a multiple perspectives. It really brings the AAR alive. However, I totally think Edric should have slept with Margaery so he can eventually make the eight. :D

Finally got got around to reading this brilliant AAR. I haven't read any GoT AARs up until now, but this certainly will get me reading a lot more. I hope your computer troubles are solved so you can continue on with the story of Edric Dayne and Arya Stark. :)

Was it Worth It?
Justiciar Gulian

I had worked for years and years, religiously in my goals. My lord had entrusted me with a monumental task that was vital to his plans, and by helping him, my future. I had been younger and ambitious when I had accepted this task. And I knew it would be hard work. But thinking back now, I had no idea what I was getting myself into. Truth is, I had neglected my wife for years for this. And she was not happy with me for all the years I spent working, in different parts of the Stone Dornish lands.

But I had sword an oath to do what I could for my Lord. And I'd be damned if I was going to fail without putting it all on the line. I would either go back to my lord knowing I had done everything I could, or go back successful.

Many of the Lord's Council didn't believe in me or my ability to get his job done. Many even felt I was not suited to my role in the Lord's Council. After all I was not of noble birth. I was simple born near the walls of Starfall, and had turned up at the castle looking for work when my Lord was with the Brotherhood without Banners. But my Lord Edric Dayne had obviously seen something in me. Something that made him think I was capable. And that gave me the drive I needed. It was either believe that, or he believed if I died in the attempt, I was expendable. I choose to believe the former.

So as Lord Edric Dayne readied the men to take Blackmont back under the Dayne Banner, I was sent to Skyreach. I named myself Edric, hoping that if I was ever believed to be working for an outside force, that the fact I had the same name as my Lord would throw them off. After all, who would try and hide their identity of being a man of the Red Mountains, by naming themselves Edric.

I would weasel my way into the castle, using what knowledge I had to get myself some sort of job that let me do my true work. And once in the castle, I would carefully spread rumours and look for weaknesses amongst the Lord's Council. The High Lord of Prince's Pass and Lord of Skyreach did not have the love or respect of his people. He wasn't seen as a respectable leader or figure like the people of Red Mountains saw Edric. And they had heard of Edric, his time with the Brotherhood without Banners, and of course the stories of Arthur Dayne helped as well. I found it easier than I thought to get people to believe that there was a better option. Even his own council weren't particurlalry fond of him or his opinions and decisions. I think this was most clear after I had managed to get Lord Edric a claim on the High Lordship of Prince's Pass. His decision to take the battle into Brimstone and Hellholt, was delusional. He thought that Edric's men would be unequipped and unexperienced in battle on Sand. And he was right, but his men had that same disadvantage. In Skyreach, his men would have known the land better. And they would have had the castle walls to hide behind. He lost that war as soon as he made that decision, and foruntately made everything very smooth and quick for Lord Edric's forces.

My job wasn't done however. Because Lord Franklyn and the Prince's Pass would be easy pickings compared to my next task. In Skyreach I was told the next target, and it was the High Lordship of Yronwood. I had always suspected my Lord's overall goal was all of the Stone Dornish under his banner. But hearing it made it all a reality. I used the same name, I hadn't been rumbled in Skyreach. And when I arrived in Yronwood I knew my task was going to be difficult.

The Yronwood's were respected by their people, worshipped in fact. And everything I could use as a plus about my Lord and his positives, the Yronwood's had as well. It took time, first I had to damage the Yronwood's reputation. Make people second guess their history and heritage. And it was dangerous, there was numerous times when I was close to being caught and discovered. The Yronwood's knew something was up, and their people became more vigilant. To throw suspicion of myself I had to give up some information on my own Lord and even be bethrothed to a member of the Yronwood family. But eventually my work started to bare fruit. The Yronwood's started to suspect their own, and they started to crumble. I managed to build a claim for my Lord for Yronwood, Kingsgrave and Wyl. And also by accident even a claim to Sandstone, which had been free of any High Lordship until recently it had been taken in. So when Vulture's Roost was finally within grasp, I fled back to Starfall to tell my Lord the good news.

I remember the smile on his face, and the way he congratulated me as if I was an equal. And then when I saw the Army of well trained soldiers at Skyreach, ready to wage war. Knowing I had a part in this force being so great, and the knowledge that I maybe the reason this force would become even greater, made me proud. It made my time in foreign castles, away from my wife, seem worth it. Lord Edric promised to repay me, and I believe him to be sincere as I watched the army under his leadership leave Skyreach.

When I went to go see my wife, she was cold and distant. I felt as alone as when I had been in another Lord's castle. I questioned myself, had I wasted my years on another man's ambitions. I spent the next couple of months trying to repair the damage to my relationship with my wife. I heard all that was happening though. On the day I attempted to have a romantic meal with my wife, Prince Doran Martell commanded Lord Edric to lay down his arms. The council had already been told Lord Edric's reply before the raven had been sent. Lord Edric knew Prince Doran's time on earth wasn't to last much longer. And Princess Arianne had a soft spot for Lord Edric.

The day I was walking amongst the castle with my wife, news arrived that Prince Doran had named Lord Edric Dayne a traitor and an enemy of the realm. Two weeks later news arrived the the army of Sunspear had refused to go to war against the old Chief General Lord Edric. And a week later, Prince Doran had passed, assumed to just be because of ill health and Princess Arianne, either because of her "fondness" of Lord Edric or to get the army on her side to cement her reign, announced Lord Edric Dayne to not be a traitor, and that the dispute must be settled by the Stone Dornish.

The Yronwood's had no chance. Fragmented, they could only muster a force of just under 4000 to face double the number of men under Lord Edric. And Lord Edric's and Lord Gerold Darkstar's hard work to make an effecient army had come to fruition. At the Battle of Littlemill, Lord Edric employed the same strategy that had won him previous battles. Less numbers in the middle and great numbers on the outside. Holding the middle till the enemies flank was overrun, then surround the center. Had the Yronwood's done their homework, they may have countered this. But they hadn't, and apparently Lord Edric and his men in the center were as fierce and ferocious as any army seen in the Stone Dornish lands.

Just under 1500 men fighting for Lord Edric died that day, but double that died for the Yronwood's leaving their fleeing army almost toothless. Lord Edric offered them the chance to surrender but the raven sent back refused, so Lord Edric pursued the fleeing army into Yronwood, and decimated what was left of the Yronwood's forces.

Unfortunately the claim for Vulture's Roost hadn't been finalized in time for the first declaration of war, but the claim was pressed soon after the men of Lord Dayne's had left Skyreach. So Lord Edric sent a smaller force to Vultures Roost. Without the aid of the rest of Yronwood, their numbers couldn't withstand Lord Edric's forces.

The celebrations in Skyreach began as soon as news had arrived, and I rushed to tell my wife of the good news. And for the first time, she seemed to realize what I had accomplished and seemed proud of me. The months of doubt that had followed me around like a dark cloud started to disappear.

The celebrations reached even greater heights when over 6000 Dayne men returned to Skyreach. And Lord Edric was infront of them, unharmed and the hero of his people. But before the celebrations could continue, Lord Edric went straight to Leana, the daughter of Ser Allard of Palestone Sword. He kneeled down in front of her and said a few words before he and Leana hugged, tears running from Leana's eyes. I would learn later that Ser Allard had died on the campaign, not in battle as he was too old for that, but of old age and perhaps the harshness of the trip. Ser Allard had been one of the greatest servants to House Dayne in the last twenty years, and Lord Edric commanded that preparations for his burial start immediately.

He then called for his council and notable over names to convein in the Great Hall of Skyreach. I stood by as he declared himself High Lord of the Red Mountains, Prince's Pass and Yronwood. He then thanked everyone who had put in the hard work that had helped this all become possible. He then called people up, giving them gifts of positions or land or other gifts. The more notable of which was Trystane, who he named Lord of Wyl for his service as a General in Lord Edric's armies and Leana, Ser Allard's daughter, was named Lady of Kingsgrave.

"Gulian, please step before me," Lord Edric called. I stepped forward, my wife looking on from the crowd of people. I stood before him and waited for him to speak.

"You of all people here have put your life on the line, and on hold for me, my house and my cause. Without you, I'm not sure I would have ever seen the day when I ruled over all of the Stone Dornish. You have sacrificed for me a great deal, so I need to repay that service, that devotion. Gulian, from this day you will be known as Lord Gulian of Yronwood!"

I don't truly remember much of the next couple of minutes. If I stood tall, if I looked shocked or anything else. But what I do remember is the proud look on my wife's face.

Reactions:
Lord Edric is doing well to expand his realm. And his subjects love him no less. What more could a ruler ask for?

I'm interested to see the further implications of Prince Doran's passing. Perhaps Lord Edric will eventually be Prince of Dorne. ;)

Nicely done, and I like the characterization of the Justiciar. How much higher will you climb?

Traitor
Arya Dayne POV

He sat tall and proud as the court proceeded. Once a month, Lord Edric Dayne III, my husband, allowed anyone to come before him and plea their case or air a grievance. He didn't have to do it, but he felt a need to, to make sure he stayed in touch with all the people in his lands.And now that he ruled over almost half of Dorne, there was a lot of people that wanted to speak with him. Old lords and new as well as people from all walks of life came to speak with Lord Edric Dayne III.

And it was my duty as his wife to govern on this day, so whilst he was busy giving himself to his people, other matters would still be attended too. However today was different, today my presence was needed here, near my husband but not by his side.

"Hey there beautiful," A voice interupted my thoughts as a hand slithered it's way around my waist and his smell invaded my nostrils. It wasn't that he smelled bad, it was just that I now associated his smell with a coniving backstabbing sellout.

"Hey Handsome, you got anything for me?" I replied, holding back the bile as his hand got familiar.

"Oh I've got plenty for you." He said with a sickening sneer. I gave him a look to put him in his place for now so he would say what I wanted him to say. "Fine, I'll give you something for Littlefinger to think about. But if you really wanted me like you say you do, I wouldn't need to trade secrets for fun."

"That's business for you honey, Littlefinger won't be happy with me if I don't deliver. And then he might have me killed."

"I wouldn't want that." His hand moved around my waist and started to move towards my legs, his bravery heightened by the fact that we were behind most of the crowd, who were all watching Lord Edric. "My Lord is planning to strengthen his lands even further. He has his man Lord Gulian working on a claim to Sandstone, as well as claims to lands further afield. He even has sights on the North."

"All that I already knew." I brushed him off, taking his hands from me, keeping from him what I knew he wanted. I believe he spoke some more words after I had left him but I didn't bother listening. It was nothing we didn't know he was telling people already. To be honest, he was lucky my lord husband had decided on restraint to see if we could find out more from this traitor amongst our midst. The fact that someone we had trusted and had raised to prominence was insulting to us both. I was ready to kill him in the night. But my Lord husband asked me to show restraint............for now.

I exited the room and entered a chamber that only I had a key for. Locking it behind me, I went to the mirror and changed my face back to that of Arya Dayne. After all this traitor wouldn't tell Arya Dayne his secrets. But he might tell Marie from the Riverlands.

"You'll have to teach me that one day," came a sweet but laced female voice from behind me. I didn't turn as I knew who it was, our new Master of Whispers, Margaery Tyrell.

"It takes a little while to learn," I said with a smile. And for the second time today a hand came around my waist.

"Can you look like anyone?" Margaery cooed into my ear.

"I can't change my body, just my face. So only females." I said as I moved her hands from my waist.

"You say that as if it's a bad thing. I wouldn't mind seeing what stopped Edric Dayne from straying?"

I shook my head in response. "We need to get back to our duties or people will wonder where we are. And so you know, he didn't tell me anything we didn't know he was telling people."

"Arya," she said with a look of dissapointment in her face. "Your meant to be Dornish, where's your adventurous side." She came up to me, inches from my body and my face. "You and Edric, you're both so intriguinging. Meanwhile I'm stuck with your brother. But just so you know, I always get what I want eventually."

Her breath brushed my lips as I stared back defiantely. "And just so you know, people that displease me, have a habit of winding up dead."

"And what about those that please you," she smiled, emphasising the please. And before I could respond, she left me, unlocking the door. I took a deep breath, my mind nowhere near as calm as it was before when I had been dealing with the traitor. But I composed myself and headed back to the my chambers, just to bump into my husband.

"What where you two doing in there?" Edric asked me.

"Just discussing the traitor," I said too quickly as I saw Edric's eyebrow's rise.

"Well," he said with a prolonged pause. "I wanted to be the first to tell you, Daenary's Targaryen has just ransacked King's Landing. We have a new queen!"

All hail Queen Daenerys! Glad to see that Targaryens return to power under her rule. :)

Margaery is a sneaky one. Who know what she actually has planned.

I'm still loving your portrayal of Margaery. She is going to do whatever it takes to be Queen. Dany won, eh? And I take it that Barristan the Bold is her husband?

What's Next?
Lord Edric Dayne III POV

As I grew older I realized one important aspect of my nature that was undeniable. My lust for goals and achievements that would make my name worthy of remembering was paramount to who I was as an individual. I planned to reunite the High Lordship of The Red Mountains and succeeded. I then wanted to rule the Stone Dornish, and I succeeded. But that had been the extent of my ambition as a youngster.But the closer I had got to these goals, the more I started to think, what's next? It became clear to me that I wouldn't be content with just sitting in Skyreach or Starfall and ruling over the Stone Dornish lands. I would want more, but what was next.

Gulian, one of my now most trusted advisors after Ser Allard's death had given me numerous possibilities. I now had a claim on the Dornish Marches, lands disputed between the Dornish and those from the Reach for years. He'd also got me a claim to the lands of Sandstone. If I pursued this, then I'd be close to ruling over almost half of Dorne. It was possible for me to claim independence or even try and name myself Prince of Dorne. But I had an affinity for Arianna that would prevent me from doing that. At least for now anyway.

My family ties meant I could pursue other claims that would make me more powerful or make someone in my family a very powerful ally. Arya and Rickon had claims for the Riverlands and The North. But Magaery assured me that her brother Willas would not go to war with me, so those ambitions would have to be put on hold. And funnily, neither seemed to want to claim the lands of their parents. Arya wanted revenge, that was clear. With a lot of Frey's dying of old age or when Littlefinger took the Riverlands as his own, and many of her other enemies perishing for various reasons, she only really had Cersei Lannister and the Boltons to aim for. But both seemed untouchable now. As for the North, she truly wanted her brother to become Lord of The North, as she had grown accustomed to life in Dorne. The only issue with that is Rickon had shown as much ambition and leadership skills as a gnat and showed no interest in fighting for what was his.

"You're handsome, brave, inspiring and a skilled warrior, but you are also blind my lord," Magaery Tyrell said, her fingers twirling her hair as she looked at me in a meeting of the council as we discussed what our next move was. Arya was ignoring Magaery, their relationship hard to read. Sometimes they seemed close and other times so very distant from each other. It didn't help that Maegaery was so flirtacious with me, despite being married to Arya's brother.

"Daenary's Targaryen now sits on the Iron Throne. Ser Barristan the Bold is unlikely to sire any children with her. Daenary's has an heir, a female heir in Princess Alysanne. And you have a son of similar age in Jon. If your the man I think you are, the ambitious lord that I met in Highgarden, the lord that promised to help his wife get revenge on those that wronged her and the Lord that I saw so much promise in.............then you know what to do." Magaery finished with a sinister smile.

The arguing commenced. Surely Daenary's Targaryen would not agree to such a union. After all, Targaryen's liked to keep the bloodline pure. And even if she did agree, she would want the children of that union to be Targaryen. And it wasn't like a union with the Dayne's would secure her power greatly all though their was past precedent set for such a thing. She already had Dorne on her side. But Magaery Tyrell argued that we can but try, and see what happens from there. Either way it would open up dialogue with Queen Daenary's. And if she said yes, we would be in a position to achieve so much. Her and Arya's impassioned speech about finally tasting revenge convinced everyone that this was our next move.

And that is how I found myself in front of Daenary's Targaryen, on bended knee, swearing fealty to the Queen of the Seven Kingdoms and numerous other titles that were far to long in my mind to say.

"You may rise Lord Edric Dayne," Daenary's said as she sat on the Iron Throne, looking regal in that ridiculously uncomfortable seat. "You're one of the first Lord's to come and see me since I won back my throne. A bunch have sworn fealty by Raven or messenger, but very few have come to see me. I appreciate the effort you have made."

"A Targaryen back on the Iron Throne, was something my ancestors would have wanted to see, and I am glad I have been able to see it for them." I responded as measuredly as I could. My advisors had said that it would most likely not be wise to try and charm the queen.

"Yet you did not fight for me, despite the fact I heard you thought for my susposed brother Aegon!" A hush fell over the room as Daenary's dropped her unexpected sentence.

"Your victory was so swift, that I had hardly had time to call my arms before you had secured your throne." I responded as quickly and as assuredly as I could, unsure whether my response was adequete.

"I have heard many things about you Lord Edric Dayne. You were just a young boy with dreams of emulating your uncle. and Lord of Starfall and the Elbow. Now you stand before me as Lord of the Red Mountains, Prince's Pass and the rest of the Stone Dornish. Do I call you Prince of the Stone Dornish? The second most powerful person in Dorne and the most powerful Lord outside of those that rule each of my seven kingdoms. You rush here, before any other lord, to see me on my Iron Throne. It is clear what you want. A union, between my daughter and your son. So I have had time to think on your proposal before you have even made it." She smiled down at me, and I decided the best course of action was to stay quiet and subservient.

"You have won war after war, united lands under your own banner that most would have thought you would never have been able to achieve. You have the love of your people and I noticed on your arrival the love of the people of Kings Landing. You have thought against the usurpers as has all of Dorne, since that brutal event years ago when the killed off most of my family. If your son Jon Dayne grows into half the man you are, then my daughter Alysanne will have a great King by her side when she rules after me. But before you thank me, all children of this union will be Targaryen. On the death of your son, your lands will pass to the next in the Dayne line of succession which is currently your daughter."

I bent the knee to thank my queen, the meeting between us going about as smoothly as I could have hoped for. But as I thanked my queen, the words Magaery had said to me the night before in my chambers in the Red Keep echoed through my mind.

"A ruler's decisions and judgements are only enforced whilst they live. What better way to be the Dayne the world remembers, than to be the Dayne that put his family on the Iron Throne. Just don't forget little ol me when your son is King, and that it was me, not your wife who put the ideas in your head to make this possible."

As I left the throne room, I saw my wife Arya Dayne and Magaery Stark standing side by side. Arya was smiling, thinking of her revenge, whilst Magaery smirked and gave me a quick knowing raise of the eyebrows out of Arya's view. She was a devious one, but it definately seemed better to have her on my side.

Just a quick little note, I've taken a few liberties with what happened in game and what I've written here. Daenary's has actually accepted a normal marriage between her heir to the Seven Kingdoms and Edric's son, Jon Dayne. So their children will be Dayne's. However it made no sense storyline wise, so I've changed it that Daenary's has ruled that they will be Targaryen's and then I'll change it somehow in the future.

I've always liked Magaery as a character in the books and the show, and always think she's a bit like the nicer version of Cersei as in people like her but she's just as sneaky.

And Ser Barriston the Bold is Daenary's husband, which is weird but ah well.

Reactions:
I agree with your decision to act like the marriage is matrilineal. It seems strange Daenerys ever agreed to one that wasn't.

Well let us hope that Margaery is much better at not stirring up trouble than Cersei, who practically single-handily led the kingdom into civil war.

Dany's AI can be painfully stupid sometimes...