• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Deadline!

Ottoman Move Orders

F Con to Bla
A Bul support A Gre to hold
A Gre support A Bul to hold
F Aeg support A Gre to hold
F Eas to Ion

British Move Orders

F Nrg - Nat
F Bar - Nrg
F Bre - Mat
F Lon - Wal

Italian Move Orders

F Ion-Gre
F Alb S F Ion-Gre
F Tyr-Ion
A Tyr-Ven
A Mar-Bur
A Gas S A Mar-Bur
F Eng-Bel

German Move Orders

A Par - Bur
A Bel - Bur

A Mun H
A Kie S A Mun
A Ber S A Mun
F Nth H
F Hel S F Nth
F Ska - Nwy
A Lvn - War
A War - Gal

Austrian Move Orders

A Sil - War
A Mos support A Sil - War
A Sev support A Mos H
A Rum - Bul
A Ser support F Ion - Gre
A Boh support A Tyr - Mun
A Tri - Tyr

Before

1911winter.jpg

After

1912spring.jpg

Thus ends Spring, 1911. We now continue to the Movement and Diplomacy Phase, Fall, 1911. The deadline for orders will be 07:00 GMT, the 12th of December, roughly 48 hours from now.

Will this game ever end? Find out next month!

<shakes head>

Austria has chosen to lock his forces on his southern border. What a boneheaded decision. Does the emperor really think he can afford to spend the time and resources required to crack my defences while simultaneously fighting on the northern front?

Perhaps he should listen less to his advisors, and more to his friends.

<shakes head>

Austria has chosen to lock his forces on his southern border. What a boneheaded decision. Does the emperor really think he can afford to spend the time and resources required to crack my defences while simultaneously fighting on the northern front?

Perhaps he should listen less to his advisors, and more to his friends.

We are both his advisors and his friends. We are also pledged to the greatness of Austria-Hungary.

Will this game ever end? Find out next month!

It'll probably go on forever. :eek:hmy:
Whenever some power or an alliance seems to get the upper hand, somebody just switches sides and we're back to a stale-mate.
I propose that we play five more turns and if there's no real progress for anyone apparent by then, we can just declare a draw for all the survivors.

It'll probably go on forever. :eek:hmy:
Whenever some power or an alliance seems to get the upper hand, somebody just switches sides and we're back to a stale-mate.
I propose that we play five more turns and if there's no real progress for anyone apparent by then, we can just declare a draw for all the survivors.

The stalemate will break eventually I am sure. Before Austria stabbed me there was a tied victory in the offing, but Austria decided to go solo and Italy aided them; if Italy had turned on Austria we'd be on the way to Britain and Austria's elimination. Britain was about to be eliminated, so even if I'd lunged for the solo (which I didn't intend) we'd have been down to four countries. Austria moving when they did, with Italy's help, made a marriage of convenience between Britain and Germany. Plus, it was their chicanery in Turkey, trying to keep you from gaining provinces, that helped Turkey survive. They'd be dead and gone if not for that, I think.

I think we've seen the last shake-out from unstable power blocs except maybe for Turkey; they might swap sides, then knife the more unwitting of Austria and Italy in order to get a seat at the table of final negotiations. Someone in the Italy-Austria-Germany trio had to be ejected from the alliance, and it was me (but that transparently means Austria wasn't happy with a tied victory between us), which begot the British swap. For the most part, the battlelines are drawn.

The stalemate will break eventually I am sure. Before Austria stabbed me there was a tied victory in the offing, but Austria decided to go solo and Italy aided them; if Italy had turned on Austria we'd be on the way to Britain and Austria's elimination. Britain was about to be eliminated, so even if I'd lunged for the solo (which I didn't intend) we'd have been down to four countries. Austria moving when they did, with Italy's help, made a marriage of convenience between Britain and Germany. Plus, it was their chicanery in Turkey, trying to keep you from gaining provinces, that helped Turkey survive. They'd be dead and gone if not for that, I think.

I think we've seen the last shake-out from unstable power blocs except maybe for Turkey; they might swap sides, then knife the more unwitting of Austria and Italy in order to get a seat at the table of final negotiations. Someone in the Italy-Austria-Germany trio had to be ejected from the alliance, and it was me (but that transparently means Austria wasn't happy with a tied victory between us), which begot the British swap. For the most part, the battlelines are drawn.

Haven't you lied enough in the Lite game already? :)

There was a German victory in the offing. Britain was cracking under the pressure, and in two years you would open the way to the Isles. You already had a sizeable part of the stalemate line (Mat-StP). Turkey could only attack Austria or Italy, so we could not even present an unified Italian-Turkish-Austrian front to you. We had two choices, attempting to destroy Turkey faster than you would UK, which was considered unfeasible, or turning onto you, attempting to deny you further gains against UK, and taking advantage of most of your forces being naval. A tied victory between Austria and Germany was simply not possible without some extreme kindness from the German part.

This said, the game is pretty much open. And paranoia will rise, when SC's start being uncovered and vulnerable to stabs.

Haven't you lied enough in the Lite game already?

Calling me a liar is rich.

Austria promised Turkey a truce, and reneged on it.
Austria promised to go for a tied victory with Germany, and reneged on it.
Austria promised Turkey land to Italy, then deliberately stood them out.
Austria promised to stab Italy, then reneged on it.

There's probably more, too.

There was a German victory in the offing.

I had 11 of the 18 necessary SCs at my peak. About 61% of the needed SCs. I was only a bit over halfway to the necessary solo SCs.

Britain was cracking under the pressure, and in two years you would open the way to the Isles.

If I secured the British isles, and Bre, and Par, I'd still be 2 SCs short of solo victory, with my forces bunched in the north, needing to stab either you or Italy. Whomever I stabbed would immediately get the aid of the other, because then a solo was in the offing.

You already had a sizeable part of the stalemate line (Mat-StP). Turkey could only attack Austria or Italy, so we could not even present an unified Italian-Turkish-Austrian front to you. We had two choices, attempting to destroy Turkey faster than you would UK, which was considered unfeasible, or turning onto you, attempting to deny you further gains against UK, and taking advantage of most of your forces being naval. A tied victory between Austria and Germany was simply not possible without some extreme kindness from the German part.

The likely split of SCs in coming years would have been about 16 to me with you and Italy probably accounting for 20 between you, very likely, given your habit of denying territory to the Italians, 16 to me, 11 to you, 7 to the Italians or thereabouts. It would have been in the favor of an alliance if I tried to stab you two. A joint victory was always the agreed course, and as my current situation shows, going solo would only result in facing destruction.

This said, the game is pretty much open. And paranoia will rise, when SC's start being uncovered and vulnerable to stabs.

Yes, it is open now.

You're conducting some form of necromantic ritual to perpetuate your GMship, aren't you?

Yes. I'm going to sacrifice reis91, and his annoying and frequent wall of text's will provide me with the willpower and the cunning to make this game last all of 2012.

Then I'll kill you, and yours and reis's power will merge to create the ultimate wall of text poster, inspiring me to post lengthy AAR's for weeks after the game has ended.

Yes. I'm going to sacrifice reis91, and his annoying and frequent wall of text's will provide me with the willpower and the cunning to make this game last all of 2012.

Then I'll kill you, and yours and reis's power will merge to create the ultimate wall of text poster, inspiring me to post lengthy AAR's for weeks after the game has ended.

So long as Reis dies first, I'm down with it.

Die Zwiebel: Kaiser und Konig returns from East Asian tour, "How fares Europe?"

I'm back from Hong Kong with a fairly clear inbox.

My lord, please get your servant to clean out the pigeons.

Ask and you shall receive.

The offending pigeons have been poisoned in the park. New ones quake at Our displeasure.

Update update?