• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
End of Year, 1906

Great Britain said:
build f edi
build f lon

Germany said:
Disband Fleet Den

Austria-Hungary said:
build F Tri

Italy said:
Build Fleet Rom

Russia said:
Disband Fleet Nth

Spring, 1907
19071spring.png

IT IS NOW THE DIPLOMATIC AND ORDER WRITING PHASE, SPRING 1907. DEADLINE WILL BE AT 1400 GMT, 26 JULY (~26 Hours from now)

sbr's been inactive, but he did say he was more for a watch and learn kinda thing rather than activly participating so he may well be keeping up with the thread. I have continued to cc him in emails as well.

Yep, I am still here and following along every day, I can jump in if needed but you seem to have everything more than under control.

With our time difference we never seem to be online at the same time which caused some long delays when I wanted to discuss a proposal with you. You ended up responding to messages which needed a timely response, which was fine, and I just pulled back and let you do everything, which was my original intent. If you need anything let me know, otherwise I will be around but unseen.

Yep, I am still here and following along every day, I can jump in if needed but you seem to have everything more than under control.

With our time difference we never seem to be online at the same time which caused some long delays when I wanted to discuss a proposal with you. You ended up responding to messages which needed a timely response, which was fine, and I just pulled back and let you do everything, which was my original intent. If you need anything let me know, otherwise I will be around but unseen.

Yeh that time difference is definatly annoying, sorry anyway though for treading on toes. Would like to diplomise with you as a senior diplomat next game!

*The Russian Czar, most powerful man in all the Rus, bows his head in humility*

In the wake of recent events, such as the terrible and catastrophic reclaiming of Scandinavia by the nations of Germany and Great Britain, the utter defeat of France, and the rise of the terrible and perfidious Italian Empire, I feel that I must issue an official apology for my actions.

My heavy-handed diplomacy and ambitious strategies have brought all of Free Europe, including Russia itself, to the brink of destruction. It is only through combining our strength now, under a unified banner, can we contain the fel might of the Italian behemoth and secure our freedom.

I suggest that we set aside our hostilities for a time, and turn our combined wrath upon the Italian scum that even now plots the doom of all Free Europe!

Тиран должен упасть!

ahh and the russian witch lays her spell..

Until now my sources could not provide me with any intel on your diplomatic stance with other nations, even turkey could be seen turning her head towards the warmth of the italian boosom. But now we know that you are weak, you have resorted to an open invitation to destry a country that yes has grown large beyond its borders.. But when you think about it have we invaded a country through treachery? Have we stabbed any country without declaring our claim to it? No is the answer, and unfortunatly that cant be said for you can it. Every country that we have spoken with austria, britain germany, have we ever said no to their actions, the countless times i could of stabbed austria taken the sc's and won this game already by invading britain in the last turn.. But no italy did not. We have honour, take take pride in becoming powerful through diplomatic means, if you cross us we crush you, if you work with us you can reep our comvined rewards. Austria claims turkey, they shall have turkey, italy claims russia italy shall have russia and if germanu and britain get their with us then we shall share the spoils of war together, laughing and joking while drinking wine out of your skull. You see the free countries of europe are free, and if it wasnt for our combined strengh against you dear russia we would be bowing to your every whine like the evil maniac that you are.

Long live the Italian Empire, Long live free Europa!

ahh and the russian witch lays her spell..

Until now my sources could not provide me with any intel on your diplomatic stance with other nations, even turkey could be seen turning her head towards the warmth of the italian boosom. But now we know that you are weak, you have resorted to an open invitation to destry a country that yes has grown large beyond its borders.. But when you think about it have we invaded a country through treachery? Have we stabbed any country without declaring our claim to it? Yes is the answer, and unfortunatly that cant be said for you can it. Every country that we have spoken with austria, britain germany, have we ever said no to their actions, the countless times i could of stabbed austria taken the sc's and won this game already by invading britain in the last turn. But no italy could not win the game with 12 centers. We have no honour, take take pride in becoming powerful through diplomatic means luck, if you cross us we crush you, if you work with us you can reep our comvined rewards. Austria claims turkey, they shall have turkey, italy claims russia italy shall have russia and if germanu and britain get their with us then we shall share the spoils of war together, laughing and joking while drinking wine out of your skull. You see the free countries of europe are free, and if it wasnt for our combined strength (especially the vital moral support from Italy) against you dear russia we would be bowing to your every whine like the evil maniac that you are.

Long live the Italian Empire, Long live Europa!

A few corrections.

This game has probably caused more animosity amongst the players than the whole 200+ games of Werewolf Lite :rofl:

But when you think about it have we invaded a country through treachery? Have we stabbed any country without declaring our claim to it? No is the answer, and unfortunatly that cant be said for you can it.

As a former French ambassador, I should point out that Italy had laid not a single claim to France before Spring 1902 when her army in Piedmont attempted to invade Marseilles.

Of course, the clumsy Italian advances were re-buffed so perhaps the "Emperor" chooses to forget.

This game has probably caused more animosity amongst the players than the whole 200+ games of Werewolf Lite :rofl:

Isn't a game of Diplomacy unless everyone leaves with a grudge :D

As a former French ambassador, I should point out that Italy had laid not a single claim to France before Spring 1902 when her army in Piedmont attempted to invade Marseilles.

Of course, the clumsy Italian advances were re-buffed so perhaps the "Emperor" chooses to forget.

We laid claim to iberia, you resisted, wr declared war and you were destroyed, unless you choose to forget that.

I am interested to know how Italy intends to take Russia according to their claim? You see, since this would involve going through one or all of Germany, Britain or Austria-Hungary you could understand a certain degree of scepticism. Especially when Britain's only request of Italy since I briefly joined has been that you keep back from the Atlantic. What was that? You have fleets there? I'm sure you see the difficulty we have trusting you.

We laid claim to iberia, you resisted, wr declared war and you were destroyed, unless you choose to forget that.

My memory is notoriously unreliable...sometimes I remember tomorrow following today, and today yesterday.

You see I remember the Italian official claim on Iberia, it occured during Spring 1903...

...but my weak memory also remembers two seasons of open warfare where the Italian military attacked France or French troops in Spring 1902 and Fall 1902...

...but perhaps in Italy 1902 followed 1903? I'm really quite as terrible with maths as with memory. It is 1907 now, so next year is 1906, yes?

bah you turkish french speaking person! france wasnt a country it was a prize to be won, everyone basically decalared war on you right at game start, the only difference is i won the prize. viva la turkey?

And the demon shows its true form.

bah you turkish french speaking person! france wasnt a country it was a prize to be won, everyone basically decalared war on you right at game start, the only difference is i won the prize. viva la turkey?

I agree that when I arrived England, Germany, and Italy were at war or in preparations for war with France...not at all my preferred French opening, but you take what you can get. Italy's initial decision to ignore the superior Ionian Sea position and go for the Tyrhennian made it clear what its plans were...a cleverer move would have been for Italy to take the ambiguous Ionian position then take Tunis from there after 'accidentally' sending A Rome to Venice...

If you were really crafty you could have moved A Venice to Tyrolia and A Rome to Venice...but that would require significant diplomatic skill.

I like the full-scale retreat:
F Brest - Mid-Atlantic
A Paris - Gascony
A Marseilles - Spain

With a clearly broadcast ultimatum that English Channel, Burgundy, and Piedmont are de-militarized and occupation of any will be considered an act of war.