• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
hey guys,

after playing HoI3 1.4 for a while, I now decided to buy the complete collection via steam. Everything works fine, except DIG. When I want to start it, I always get an error message that tells me:

Exception in discfile.cpp, line 433

Does anyone know how to fix the problem?

yea, I oversaw it... got the solution in the meantime. Was a little bit frustrated because this was not the first time I bought something via Steam that wouldn't work after installation.

In my current game Japan is getting beaten by Nat. China and it's Cinese allies. I had a look at Japan, but I couldn't figure what was happening, perhaps they didn't manage to secure needed resources through trade? Also, I wasn't offered any of the SU economical agreements. Could that be because I didn't use Ribbentrop?

Edit: Guess I should ask this here as well,

Are the bonuses from operations techs in Dies Iare permanent?

Would seem kinda wierd, but I haven't seen anything that says otherwise.

Thx

Hi Guys

I am trying to install DIG over FTML which i recently bought

I had DIG previously with SF and it worked fine

I deleted the DIG Files in the Mod folder after installing FTML, and i downloaded DIG again from Gamersgate.

However now when the download from GG is complete, i get a pop up saying HOI3 is not installed even though HOI3 works fine

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Hi, same thing. New dig graghics start but always stops third scene. Same line 433 problem. What else can I try?

I´d bet it´s a problem of you not having patched properly. The very same as heppened to me. Are you sure you didn´t patched the vanilla game instead of the mod folder which contains DIG?

Hi, does anyone know how to get DI:G working with Steam? I mean I got the steam combo pack with the sprites and everything and it comes with DI:G. I've managed to get the Vanilla game to work using the solutions in the tech support forum but DI:G won't run. It CTDs after a few minutes.

This needs to be better organized. Are new players to search through 130 pages of forum posts to resolve installation issues for a mod they paid for? Is there a universal FAQ that I'm missing somewhere?

1. I am running FTM and purchased everything through Steam.
2. I patched to the DI:G FTM version following the instructions at the beginning of this post precisely.
3. I installed Francisco's mod for the portraits (not the counters) in the HoI3 main folder, selecting DI:G when prompted.
4. I used the HoI3 launcher (not Steam), selecting DI:G as the mod to use.
5. When I click launch I get music and an HoI3-style pointer with a black screen that then times out 'Not Responding' after a few minutes
6. I re-installed HoI3 and then repeated steps 2-5 just to be sure, but had the same result.

Any help would be much appreciated.

same problem here. Apparantly the japanese have no fuel and no ol anymore already in 1937. Where can the stockpile in the save game be upped to make a bit more of a pacific war in the game?

look at JAP= and then at: "home" you should find somewhere around this a possibility to change the amount

@ devildread: are you still alive or just giving up or working on an other project. Looking forward to you business plan.

I am fed up of my submarines not having a fair fight. I had them 1 sub per unit, mid atlantic, away from aircraft (in the middle of the Atlantic) and set for PASSIVE so they would run home as soon as they are damaged...but they never make it. I build 10-12 then lose them all in 10-14 days and it's only 1940. Yes, I know IRL the Brits had Enigma but this is a game and I would at least like a bit of a chance. Here is how my Tech Tree looks...yes, I know Conning Tower is a little low but it is only 1940. These U-boots are instant death or just sit in harbor too scared to move. I only use the Long Range design due to range....

Long Range U-boot design/system - 1942
Long Range U-Boot Conning Tower - 1940
Hydrophones - 1944
Sonar decoys - 1945
Radar decoys - 1939
Submarine crew Training - 1943

1. Can ANYONE give me any tips because I am fresh out of ideas.
2. Is there anything place I can edit to make it specific to the Germany. The only place I know is to edit the unit text file, possibly lower the visibility and increase sea defense and that changes it for all countries.

Rick