• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Here's the supply map. I only have ~25 divisions in former SU territory and they're all inf, only the HQ's should be eating fuel. No troops east of the urals. The supply map, however, shows this:

HoI3_1.png

I've got some territory east of the border, in former Tannu Tuva, which was conquered by the SU but none of my troops are there:
HoI3_6.png

I'm losing fuel in the thousands even though all my fuel consuming land units are parked as is most of the airforce. I think its the supplies heading east that are the problem but I have no idea:

HoI3_4.png

HoI3_5.png

Also, I finished Barbarossa sometime in april '42 and this issue only cropped up in '43. I'm at wit's end. It's ruining my game. :(

Looking at my last DI:G save (two weeks after the defeat of Russia) I noticed the same on (supply) map tool tip, indicating that all puppes are being supplied from Berlin. This is not my understanding of how supply works and it is not reflected in my sup[ply usage. My guess is that the tool tip is misreporting the supply source for puppets. I would love to hear additional thoughts on this issue.

Your number of units is less than mine (I have 1152 land brigades, using 1173 supply and 81 fuel). I believe that fuel use is dependent on the activity of the units. My units are mostly inactive, so I have little fuel use. Your fuel use may also indicate a higher level of motorisation in your army. This is a trap. You need some mobile units but the mass of your army should not consume fuel, or you put yourself at risk of not being able to sustain it.

There are several views I would have like to have seen:
1. IC view. How much does the AI say your supply demand is. This can fluctuate wildly (especially if you have lots of units moving strategically or in the late Russian campaign. At other times it should only be a portion of your total IC.
2. Tool tip showing supply usage. The tip above shows fuel and there is clearly a problem. If you have already turned off auto convoys and deleted unwanted convoys, you should not be bleeding supplies or fuel due to convoys.

My gut still says that the puppets are not the problem. Pehaps the supply sytem is adjusting itself. Have you tied running it on fastest for 6 months, just to see how it progresses?

Looking at my last DI:G save (two weeks after the defeat of Russia) I noticed the same on (supply) map tool tip, indicating that all puppes are being supplied from Berlin. This is not my understanding of how supply works and it is not reflected in my sup[ply usage. My guess is that the tool tip is misreporting the supply source for puppets. I would love to hear additional thoughts on this issue.

Your number of units is less than mine (I have 1152 land brigades, using 1173 supply and 81 fuel). I believe that fuel use is dependent on the activity of the units. My units are mostly inactive, so I have little fuel use. Your fuel use may also indicate a higher level of motorisation in your army. This is a trap. You need some mobile units but the mass of your army should not consume fuel, or you put yourself at risk of not being able to sustain it.

There are several views I would have like to have seen:
1. IC view. How much does the AI say your supply demand is. This can fluctuate wildly (especially if you have lots of units moving strategically or in the late Russian campaign. At other times it should only be a portion of your total IC.
2. Tool tip showing supply usage. The tip above shows fuel and there is clearly a problem. If you have already turned off auto convoys and deleted unwanted convoys, you should not be bleeding supplies or fuel due to convoys.

My gut still says that the puppets are not the problem. Pehaps the supply sytem is adjusting itself. Have you tied running it on fastest for 6 months, just to see how it progresses?

Yea I deliberately built a fully motorized army. I could just imagine Hitler on one of his power trips: "What? The british have a fully motorized army? I must get one!" :) (I read somewhere that the british army circa 1939 was fully motorized. Not sure if that's a fact though.)

[Edit: Almost all my units are at a standstill. I have about 40 ARM brigades, 20 Eng, 20 Assault Gun, 75 motorised 88, 245 Mot, 150 inf plus loads of garrisons and some art brigades. My army hasn't expanded a whit since Apr 1941 when Barbarossa started and only 75 inf brigades remain in former SU, preparing to invade Turkey. All my motorised units are in germany. Thing is, I think I haven't built myself into a fuel trap (Though that did happen once, in another game) cause I'm pretty sure I would have run out of fuel mid-Barbarossa at my current expenditure (I only captured Moscow in Mar 1942, and SU surrendered a month later in Apr '42)]

Yeah its fuel that's the issue. My supply stockpile is relatively constant but fuel is draining fast!

I did think that the supply map might be showing something wrong. I have noticed that the AI supply & fuel demand fluctuates hugely (I spend 90 IC on supply although the AI tells me I need 110-120). Problem is my crude reserves have been draining too. I wouldn't have a problem losing 50k fuel due to a wild fluctuation if it all came back later without impacting crude stocks. I shall do a 6 month run-through as you suggest and report back imediately. Hmm....maybe dig up my immediate post-Barbarossa crude & fuel stocks as well...

Last edited:
Now I feel confused more than ever. I loaded up Mar 31 1942 save, which was one day after the SU capitulated. Fuel & Crude were at 20K & 30K respectively. One day later fuel stocks were at 99K. I suppose those were captured soviet stocks. I strat-redeployed my army to GER barring those 25 divisions on the turkey border. Now, on 5 Apr '42, despite the strat redeploying, I'm showing fuel at 99K + 4K (return to stockpile) and 900 used (From the strat redeploy). What I find confusing is that my fuel use was apparently just enough to keep up with crude stocks till 1943 and then it somehow skyrocketed? Interestingly the supply map paints a similar picture as of 43' this despite russian units being inside my borders!

Last edited:
I can't check my numbers at the moment but only about 20% of my ground forces use fuel. I suspect your % of fuel using units is the problem. As a test case, use a standard save position, convert most of your fuel using units (mot inf) to non fuel (this will take about three months) and then run another three months. Compare the fuel status with the six month run on high speed.

Supplies will only be sent to your troops and expeditionary forces under your command. If you have no troops in the East, supplies will not be sent there and they will slowly be recovered from those areas. If you have conquered land in the east and occupy it with troops, they will need to be supplied. If there is a land border, the supply AI will supply them via land, resulting in enormous loss due to the number of provinces that need to be passed through (this is realistic). If you are in this situation, it is better to force a sea supply convoy to supply your Eastern forces.

If you have forces in another (allied) country, they will be supplied by that country and the supply tip will describe these supplies as convoyed out or traded (I think that is the term it uses) but these supply transfers are "off the map". They are done to keep the hidden supply ledger balanced but they don't use convoys and (I think) they do not suffer supply transfer tax.

It's not clear exactly what is causing your problem. If you describe (or provide pictures that show) the supply tool tip, the location of your forces in the East, the ownership of land in the East and the supply routes (with the tool tip showing where supply is coming from), the community could provide better advice.

By the way, land supply routes are also forced throught puppet areas, meaning if you've puppeted USSR and have troops in Tannu Tuva, then your supply routes will go throught Soviet territory into Tannu Tuva.

No troops in Tannu Tuva. I realise my % of fuel hoggers is way too high. I deliberately did that cause with the defense buffs that SU gets, no way I can match their army, supply it and have a capable carrier-based navy and airforce. Actually I built the huge number of motorised units to keep the softness down, though it started out more as a wish to just have a fully motorised army. I read somewhere that the % softness determines the probability of getting hit by SA during a combat round. Figured that with the 87% softness that 3mot+88flak has, combined with the higher speed, should be enough to take out SU on normal difficulty using AI control. It was a gamble for taking out the SU. I resumed play afterwards, haven't used the motorised units much since then and till 1945 I've almost done sea lion and putting the finishing touches on invading the US. Crude stocks rise to ~ 40K by then. The fuel issue sorted itself out, seems it was more of fluctuating calculation than anything else... go figure. I think I've realised why fuel use was still higher than expected at times. I didn't notice the soviet airforce so helpfully based in all my bases. With friends like these.... :p

Thanks for all the advice though :)

Need an opinion on a different matter altogether now though. I've noticed that a 3 mec + Eng + Assault gun has almost the same stats as 2 arm + 1 mec + Eng + assualt gun except that its softer (66% vs 38% i think) and has less hard attack. Still gets the CA bonus at a much lower fuel use (~8 vs ~12). I'm considering converting some of my panzer divisions to this layout, don't know if I should though, and don't know how many to convert. Seems it'll be a more sound option logistically and looks like almost similar performance in almost any situation except engaging hard enemy units but seeing how those are usually a minority it seems like a good idea, especially now that I have finished off SU...

Hello.

I have a problem with airborne assult. When I try to paradrop, the plane does nothing (of course with paratroopers inside), and it is said that "Airborne Assault (resting)". This goes for a while, and the organization is sinking.

Is this a genaral problem, or it's my fault (in other version it wasn't a problem)?

Thanks for the answers.

Playing 2.06 and Nat China pushed Japan back into Manchuko in my actual game. No steamrolling Japan some reported so far here :p
Nat Spain won Civil War. Game is fun so far (end of 39) even though I have yet to see serious allied air operations. So far just 3 Strat bombers came to visit Leipzig.

Hi all,

I was wondering, and if Devildread or Danevang could answer this directly that'd be awesome.

I currently have a Mac and run HOI3+SF+ICE 3.3.3 with no problems and love it. However, I was also quite interested in how DI:G improves the gameplay, particularly since I primarily play as Germany.

Now, I am all for buying DI:G, however my only concern is if that the expansion itself uses a .exe to install the mod, then I will be unable to use it.

So I wanted to ask 1: When you buy the expansion, say on Gamersgate, does it come as a .exe or simply a packet of files to install using JGSME on Windows?

And,

If it is in fact a .exe, could I make a deposit to a paypal account or what have you to either Devildread or Danevang or whoever, in exchange for the files so that I can manually install DI:G?

Thank you,

Krauts

Hi. Pls: is it only my problem? Latest FTM DIG. All countries with DIG AI.lua files, i.e. all majors + SWE, CHI, SPA and TUR, do not build anything except forts, convoys etc. When I replace these files with the originals from Lothos, they do build everything. Thanx.
PS If I replace not the whole file but only from -- Production Overides the main LUA with country specific ones to -- END OF PRODUTION OVERIDES, then AI builds everything as well.

I checked the SU when I was ready to attack 1 April 1942. They only had 294 infantry brigades. There were 3300+ MP stockpiled and nothing in the build que - not even convoys, forts, industry - nothing. I ran a vanilla game to 1 April 1942 not attacking the SU, and at that point the SU had 831 infantry brigades and the production que was full. Production was at 490, while the DIG game had 190, all allocated to production of nothing. Definitely a DIG problem.