• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Looks like a huge gameplay change compared to HoI1->HoI2 due to the new province system alone. :eek:

Dang it! I just realized that there is no antarctic, which means no secret N**i base. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, is there going to be an intellegence folder. It has yet to appear in any of the pics shown this far.

general_ said:
i4laav.jpg

The map looks very cool and good, but I agree with these suggestions. Makes for a better Sealion plus it just looks cooler in general...

You also have to consider gameplay balance in this. Perhaps they feel that if they split up Brighton and Dover, London will lose a bit of its vulnerability. With the proposed change, London would be 1 hop away from just two coastal provinces as opposed to 3.

Not exactly a big change at all, but this kind of stuff influences the decisions Paradox makes when designing maps.

l3illyl3ob said:
You also have to consider gameplay balance in this. Perhaps they feel that if they split up Brighton and Dover, London will lose a bit of its vulnerability. With the proposed change, London would be 1 hop away from just two coastal provinces as opposed to 3.

Not exactly a big change at all, but this kind of stuff influences the decisions Paradox makes when designing maps.
Even with 3 "hops" away, London is still pretty vulnerable, plus 3 provinces wouldn't allow much extra manoeuvre. In case you would like to save London it would really be almost a no brainer to set up a static defense before the city can be reached. The major advantage of a 3 province "hop" would be that England has to split its troops even more in order to stop the Germans at the beaches if an invasion would come, simulating the true vulnerability of England in 1940 even more. Plus a 3 "hops" system would be much more consistent with the rest of the English map (and allow for more separate airfields, dockyards etc.).

I love the map look... it's exactly as I had hoped it would be. But I am worried about these hexes... this isn't Panzer General... I hope this Johan quote

Johan said:
This map is not about modelling various administrative regions inside countries but a place for fighting wars.
doesn't mean that they will stay that way. The game will lose much of it's feel, if the provinces are just hexes. The "regions" seem to be pretty consistent geographically. But the provinces in these regions? I sure hope they will get some additional love!

What's up with all those people about borders looking like hexes ?
it's just a visual ( and maybe there is no other way considering the underlying logics (bitmap pixels)) and has nothing to do with gameplay. Gameplay is what's important, and that's why we all play these games. the map looks pretty good allready, and there's plenty of time to go before release.

Ithron said:
still, having week days would be great :) plus, finding out correct days is pretty simple..

It would not really add anything special to the game, and it would reduce modabillity for other time periods than WW2. ;)

Everything looks great so far, but I will be a bit disappointed if the economic model isn't changed to reflect total economic strength of nations as they where, with simple modifiers affecting growth or recession. An idea would be to have a defence budget, which limits what you can spend on your military. This budget should be kept low in peacetime due to public opinion for most nations unless other powers starts to act hostile. At total war mobilisation, one can utilize the whole country's economy to wage war.

safferli said:
I love the map look... it's exactly as I had hoped it would be. But I am worried about these hexes... this isn't Panzer General... [...] The game will lose much of it's feel, if the provinces are just hexes.
I hope you don't mean the "feel" one gets when trying to capture a province 10-20 times the size of the provinces the combat- and movement system was designed for, such as certain provinces in Africa and Asia, or try to work a C-, T- or S-shaped province into one's strategy...
While I am no advocate of hexes as such, I am definitely an advocate of keeping size- and shape deviation down to a minimum.

wooow :D

zeekater said:
Anybody else noticed they removed the day of the week in the date top left? ;)

Previous screenshots said 'friday 2, january 1936', now it's just '2, january 1936'

:( It would be nicer with the days in it. It would be funnier when you do an aar.

I want to see a pic of Sweden :D :D (What if Strängnäs is an province!!) It should be! Because we had P10!!! :)