• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
there are still things the USA needs to import and failing that they can always export capital in the form of loans

Coffee, tea, opium, and tropical wood all come to mind as US imports in game. Possibly many manufactured goods, depending on how many artisans, capitalists, and factories they start out with.

And being an exporter only works if people can afford to buy your products. No WM to soak up all of the US exports this time. I hope there is a quick and easy way to see what % of your output is being bought, per industry.

Finally, as con rises, so does consumption, so US POPs will consume more of their local goods and import more as well.

I'm curious, I know that people with the highest prestige buy first, but do people buy from highest prestige nations first as well?

Can we apply to being beta testers? I seem to have missed out on the last three games :(

Coffee, tea, opium, and tropical wood all come to mind as US imports in game. Possibly many manufactured goods, depending on how many artisans, capitalists, and factories they start out with.

And being an exporter only works if people can afford to buy your products. No WM to soak up all of the US exports this time. I hope there is a quick and easy way to see what % of your output is being bought, per industry.

Finally, as con rises, so does consumption, so US POPs will consume more of their local goods and import more as well.

I'm curious, I know that people with the highest prestige buy first, but do people buy from highest prestige nations first as well?

Nations buy from their internal market first, although that will include their sphere of influence. So the USA internal market could include Central America as well, then they buy from the world market in prestige order.

Nations buy from their internal market first, although that will include their sphere of influence.

Awesome. Some benefit to being in a Great Powers Sphere of Influence.

Not really, it supposed to give you a reaosn to become a great power yourself so you cna create your won sphere fo influence

Will the Great Power pay above World Market rates for goods from nations within its sphere of influence?

Or will it only prefer SOI nations if SOI good price <= WM good price?

Because if preferential pricing means higher prices are paid, then there's an advantage to being part of one as a minor nation, but if it's simply a first order purchase location then it's only a minor advantage.

WM price and SOI price will be identical IIRC.

Sute]{h;11241236 said:
WM price and SOI price will be identical IIRC.

Yes, they will be the same. The only benefit would be better access to rare resources or products. But local markets are often mentioned as something to think about for possible expansion.

I'm happy to see you guys are taking the bugs very seriously this time, Hopefully we will see a game released that is at least on the same level as HOI3 1.3. HOI3 was very poorly done on release with many glaring bugs that made the game nearly unplayable, it was apparent that the game had been rushed at the end and there wasn't enough time for bugtesting.

I understand that time is money, but it really hurt your reputation being as that was your most popular game, we expect some bugyness from you guys but not unplayability, and we expect you to improve, and Hearts of Iron 3 was a step backwards in release bugyness. It looks like you guys have really got the message this time.

It looks like you guys have really got the message this time.

With the greatest of respect to Paradox, and I shall be purchasing Ticky, what makes you say that? You've seen screenshots. We saw Hearts of Iron III screenshots, which obviously don't reveal game-breaking bugs galore.

Optimism is one thing, but baseless assumption quite another.

Let us wait and see before you start handing out brownie points, surely?

Austen.

I have a friend who's a professional games tester.
Knowing him as I do I'd hazard that's a "no".

Hard to believe. Judging from prior Paradox products, in order to be worse than the amateurs, the hired testers would actually have to start hacking the game and put bugs in it :rofl:

And yes, I'm aware there were people who genuinely tested the game, but my suspicion is that there were less than ten, and that most of them were retained by Paradox for this beta anyway.