• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ecks Dev Blog
  • So... why is the latest developer journal, by @HBS_Eck, on some random “gamedev” site and not here? We can’t even link to it because of paradox forum rules, it’s just awkward. Unless @TinyWiking wants to approve the URL maybe?

The only reason I have it on a different site is because it's something personal I'm working on in my free time (not at work) and on topics that strike my fancy as interesting. @stjobe is correct in that it isn't an official dev diary. The articles I'm writing are more geared towards the problem solving/software design side of things and I figured the only people that would be interested in it were modders and other game developers.

The gamedev site is a site dedicated to learning game development and I've been a member since about 2000. It's where I began my journey of becoming a game developer so it felt like it fit there. Plus I'm still #livingthedream and when it's all over I want to have some records I can look back on and relive the glory days. :)

I'm sorry to add yet another separate resource to check. I'll see if I can get permission to post a link here. I wonder if I already have permission? Here's a test: https://www.gamedev.net/blogs/entry/2267040-battletech-developer-journal-01/

By the way, awesome signature @HonorKnight . <3
    - Eck

edit: It looks like I can post links? Can someone else see if they can click on that? If so then I'll make sure to post a link on the forum any time I write another one of these.