• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So my buddies and I have been playing some multiplayer DVIP via Gameranger, and we're experiencing crashes every 2-5 years or so. Also, we notice that there are some weird things happening with the heraldry (counties getting Aquitania's heraldry for awhile), in addition to the occasional bug where a king becomes a vassal to a random count. Anyone know whether these issues connected to DVIP not being optimized for multiplayer, or whether they permeate throughout vanilla games (games not using DVIP, just CK + DV) as well?

I am currently playing a game where there are no inbred people. I have tried many times making them, but they are never inbred. Why so?

king of luck I think
Inbreding is not systematic (50% chance or something ?)

Thanks. It's strange though - looking down the list of potential brides in the early 1200s there don't seem to be any inbred brides. Oh well.

Secondly, is it actually possible to use TASS on top of DVIP? It seems that doing so there are no events reducing children's stats, for example.

Last edited:
What's the difference between DVIP and DVIP + Add-ons?

I'm playing CK on a friend's PC so I don't actually know what mods are installed - but I'm pretty sure some version of DVIP is there, because looking in db I can see events starting with DVIP_.

However, I do not seem to be getting the events that reduce my children's stats. Are these only in the add-on or maybe a later version of DVIP?

DVIP and TASS cannot be combined. Theoretically you can apply TASS's graphics mods to DVIP and maybe use some of its events, but scenarios and the culture/kingdoms/duchy setups are not compatible.

Events will need to be individually checked, as Veld uses some of the same events I do, but in different places. We have also made different modifications to the same events, as TASS uses three more traits than DVIP.

@Nukeface: The childen's stats events are not yet in the main DVIP, they're currently only in the addon. That will change.
Please see the readme for what is included in the addon.

With the DVIP addon and the Bopack graphics added as well, there is an UNKNOWN STRING WANTED or something like that when an event triggers causing a character loses fertility. What can I do to remedy this?

This also happens when an event causing skills to go up or down occurs.

I'm having the same problem.

You likely installed another mod which overwrote modtext.csv.

I haven't installed anything aside from DVIP addon and bopack and I've followed the instructions and tried to reinstall.

The good thing I guess is that it doesn't happen for events with a choice. It's only for the ones where fertility or skills go up or down and you have no choice but to click "ok".

I don't mind it as much but I just thought I'll let you know anyway.

I haven't installed anything aside from DVIP addon and bopack and I've followed the instructions and tried to reinstall.

You should only get the Bopack GFX. All the events are in the addon already.
Do not put the full Bopack in the same game as DVIP+Addon.

To fix your current problem, get DVIP Addon again and extract its copy of modtext.csv.

You should only get the Bopack GFX. All the events are in the addon already.
Do not put the full Bopack in the same game as DVIP+Addon.

To fix your current problem, get DVIP Addon again and extract its copy of modtext.csv.

Great it's fixed now. Thank you. For the longest time I thought I had installed DVIP but found that I hadn't. I only realized this because I had to reinstall CK because the .exe button miraculously disappeared. Now I'm playing with DVIP and Bopack. It's excellent, thanks!

Hi - just coming back to CK (I did a bit of minor testing in the old CK beta patches thread) after my old computer crashed....I've missed out on DVIP so have a couple of idiot questions.

The dowload and install instructions look easy enough but I'm slightly confused about installing DVIP Wales. Do I install this over standard DVIP or instead of DVIP?

i.e. to play Wales DVIP is it: install CK, then DV, then DV beta patch, then DVIP, then DVIP Wales?

or: install CK, then DV, then DV beta patch, then DVIP, then DVIP Wales?

Where does DVIP add on fit in the process? (I think I've read at least one AAR where the bloke running the AAR said he was playing with DVIP add on plus DVIP Wales?)

And if I want to play with the recommended Bopack Graphics, at what point and where do I install these?

Thanks for your time.

@leon: in the works.

@pastcaring: DVIP Wales is DVIP + DVIP Addon on a new map, so you install it instead of.
The Bopack graphics can be installed either before or after installing DVIP (or DVIP Wales), the order does not matter since it just adds the event pictures.

@pastcaring: DVIP Wales is DVIP + DVIP Addon on a new map, so you install it instead of.
The Bopack graphics can be installed either before or after installing DVIP (or DVIP Wales), the order does not matter since it just adds the event pictures.

Thanks for that - though I had managed to work it out by reading a few of the posts in this thread (got there eventually!) and a process of deduction. It appears to be working fine, but the CoAs seem a bit messed up - the same issue with overlapping that appeared initially when Kurek made the map - I thought you (or he) had been able to resolve this? Posting from work, so cannot do a screenie at present, but I'll post one later if it will help. Or maybe you could (if it's not too much trouble) post a screen of how DVIP Wales with Bopack should look in the 1066 set-up, so I can check I have a match?

Cheers.

It looks like Kurek made a fix himself to the original map - and he posted an update to the provinces.csv for that. Assuming that link is still working, I could presumably just paste that into the game folder?

Edit: damn, no - file is now gone from filefront.