• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Most of my transports are busy elsewhere sadly. And the Soviet front > South America. I lose China I lose the war pretty much.

1942 is one hell of a year. So much happens I could probably fit it into a novel! Me and Cool played a lot today, we made it to 1943.

How'd you fall so far behind Germany in the carrier tech department? I doesn't really seem like something the US, particularly a human controlled one, would do.

BTW, have they researched the turbojet CAG yet by any chance?

I see good times in France. For Germany. :eek:

1942 is one hell of a year. So much happens I could probably fit it into a novel! Me and Cool played a lot today, we made it to 1943.
You mean 1952-53? Unless ze Germans used zheir top zecret timemachine ofc! :D

How come you lose against the German navy all the time? Are you not up-to-date in naval doctrines? Base Strike should kick Sea Lane Interdiction's CV asses all over the Atlantic and back by 1945, the latest!

How come you lose against the German navy all the time? Are you not up-to-date in naval doctrines? Base Strike should kick Sea Lane Interdiction's CV asses all over the Atlantic and back by 1945, the latest!

He is behind in carrier tech, the Germans have CV VIII or higher now, while he has CV V or maybe CV VI. I think he is catching up however.

This is a pure battle, well more like war of attrition. I wonder what the Soviet MP looks like, and what is total IC of the Soviet union?

But would it put a dent in their nuclear bomb production?

No, but as mentioned they can strat bomb, and it would be really gamey as it would put the rest of their entire army out of supply and thus easy prey, even for a weakened US army...

Geez 6 Carriers?!?! Wow. And the Midway looks unhealthy too. She'll be out for a while indeed. Great going though, the counter offensive in France should be interesting

As it stands in 1953, she is still out of action for repairs. That how badly damaged she was :p

I see good times in France. For Germany.

Not for long :D. That was a temporary setback.

How'd you fall so far behind Germany in the carrier tech department? I doesn't really seem like something the US, particularly a human controlled one, would do.
@safferli aswell:

They built a ton of near-modern carriers over the few years. They focused heavily there. I've got almost complete carrier doctrines.

Rommel22 answered it perfectly :). I have won a majority of the engagements with the German navy. I have also sunk more carriers then they have sunk of mine. Its just that my defeats stand out more then my victories. As it stands, Germany now has 12 carriers roaming, while I have somewhere around 22. Before they used to outnumber me, so I'm happy :).

@Storm501: You don't know the half of it! Though, I wish we had a time machine...:rofl:

@Saithis: Yeah, I too find it a gamey tactic.

@Rommel22: Thanks for answering the question, you got it bang on. As for the Soviets, I think they are at roughly 250 IC and probably a ton of manpower. They seem to have focused on aircraft and capital ships (no carriers) over the years between Bitter Peace and war with us.

Those Soviets seem to have a lacklustre memory of their lost territories' geography, if they expected to take it back with battleships and cruisers :p

Oh, and by the way, what a cool AAR!

Britain should use any V-2s or Strategic Rockets they have to destroy the city as a fun act of revenge.

I still got like 60 dissent, all of my IC is on Consumer Goods. Cant build anything for the time being. We are concerned about supplies in the long run, though for now we have a nice amount.

Yeah, IC is getting tight for the Allies. I only hope Germany is having the same problems as us. Based on how many reinforcements of theirs are reaching the front, I would assume they are.

Yeah, IC is getting tight for the Allies. I only hope Germany is having the same problems as us. Based on how many reinforcements of theirs are reaching the front, I would assume they are.

Can you tell if the German are shuffling troops from other theaters to reinforce the European one. What always stuck me about the AI, in situations like these, the AI might have a huge army, 2/3 of it being deployed abroad. Yet when something like this is going, the homeland of Germany being invaded, the Germans use second grade axis allied armies and some of their own, while some of their best remain deployed else where.

It still looks as though this may turn into a stalemate.

Any chance of a Bitter Peace where the Nazis still are in power so you can resume hostilities in Round 2 in the 60s? At this rate no one will be left to fight!

But the Heer is over 400 divisions so they can man their front quite thickly and also have reserves all over the place, thats why more and more and more divisions appeared after you launched overlord and also that they will still make new units regardless of MP. But the Germans are far from defeated yet, they still have likely over .70mp increase a day and have a decent navy, army ,airforce and IC. Worst case is that you face a huge counter attack combined with a soviet attack on the Middle East. Last thing you guys need is to lose the Suez Canal.

Round 2? After this war they will probably need 50 years to recover. It took till the 60s to fully recover Europe after the real WW2, after this one you can be glad if you know that there was a city at the Spree some years ago.:rofl:

After so many years of war, it would be well into the 90s before any nation could recover. Lost population means lost workers, and all the destruction means there will be little left to repair.

I feel sorry for the people in eastern France and western Germany. The front shifted back and forth along those areas so much I wonder how many towns are still standing.

As for Germany's reserves, they have tons. The combined Axis armies have at least 700 divisions...and I know I am not facing 700 divisions in Germany. But yes, Germany is deploying more and more around Berlin as I try to push through.

After so many years of war, it would be well into the 90s before any nation could recover. Lost population means lost workers, and all the destruction means there will be little left to repair.

I feel sorry for the people in eastern France and western Germany. The front shifted back and forth along those areas so much I wonder how many towns are still standing.

As for Germany's reserves, they have tons. The combined Axis armies have at least 700 divisions...and I know I am not facing 700 divisions in Germany. But yes, Germany is deploying more and more around Berlin as I try to push through.

I would imagine the US would have to have a massive overriding hand in any provisional government with defense and the rebuilding process allocated 100% to them and to a lesser extent Britain. You can be sure that the US would have a lot of friends in that timeline though.

IF they had the capability to do that in my time line. :rofl:

I don't read for a week and Britain gets toasted. Ow.

I think I could be worthwhile for the UK to release more puppets - it's not like dissent can get worse.
Provided they have provinces with manpower (some don't). A few divisions and no rebel problems.
Try Nigeria & Ethiopia (gets Somalia & Eritea iirc)