• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I think we all can agree on that. That game felt barely fitting for the scale of disaster that was supposed to have happened. Don't get me wrong, the atmosphere was awesome, but not quite what it should have looked like after so much nuclear destruction and the years that followed.

You want to catch em with their Panzers down !

Sadly, their panzers don't seem to be down at the moment. Probably heading east soon :p. One can hope, right?

Yes, several cities did get nukes. Yes, the civil war did smash down quite a few cities. That changes nothing about my basic point being that we're in a mass reconstruction and things are being rebuilt. You'll note I didn't say anything about being anywhere near finished. It's been what a year? That does mean a bit of progress has been made, especially in cities like DC which are a prestige bit.

As for the style of buildings, I'll defer to those who know what they're talking about. I have no training or interest in architecture so I couldn't say what a rebuilt US city will look like.

Sorry, didn't intend to attack you. I also mainly responded to the Fallout-picture. My point about the reconstruction was that rebuilding isn't a uniform process, some buildings will be going up quickly, but others that are deemed less important may lay in ruins for years or be completely demolished, especially if the nation is in financial trouble.

Sometimes, rebuilding something isn't found to be worth the trouble - Europe is completely covered in ruins of various ages, after all. You only get thourough reconstruction efforts in the cities, were space is always in demand.

The Dresdner Frauenkirche is a beautiful church. I had the pleasure of visiting it on my trip to Europe. I did not know that it was not finished reconstruction yet!

The Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church, I saw that as well and thought it was left like that as a reminder of the war?

Yep, the pre-war remains of the church are deliberately left in its damaged state as a war memorial. In fact, the building is now mostly referred to as the Memorial Church instead of its longer initial name (I didn't even know it was actually a memorial for an emporer before looking up the wiki article).

The Frauenkirche finished reconstruction only 4 years ago. It was an unused ruin for the entire lifetime of the GDR, which didn't have the money to do anything about most of its war ruins. Private donations starting in 1989 revived the reconstruction efforts. Another victory for capitalism, so to say.

Those were the buildings that came to my mind when I was thinking about the issue. There could be better examples out there.

Sadly, their panzers don't seem to be down at the moment. Probably heading east soon . One can hope, right?

If this timeline still has any hope left for humanity, the Germans better should be driving south by now. To take a vacation on Italy's beaches, stealing all the good sun-bathing spots from other tourists.

On the sentences - does the longer list include the charges brought against the individual defendants? I'd like to see who is held responsible for what action or whether Versailles was a complete show trial.

I've been reading the entire thing and I noticed the Southern US cities are never really nuked, may I ask the condition of the South after the fall of the 2nd CSA?

NOOOOOOOO.

NOT PATTON.

NO.

NO NO NO NO NO NO.

THERE HAS TO BE SOME KIND OF

INSURGENCY

SECRET AGENT

PLAN

FREE

AGH

I'm... I'm just going to go cry now...

Great update...still it's a sad, sad day for all liberty lovers around the globe.
One day the germans will pay!

I can't believe Winston, Cool and PATTON!! Are to be killed! This is not fair.

Surely there are some Rangers... or or or Commandos...

THE SAS!!! They will save them. In any case, the Germans will suffer

Its funny that the nazis now established the very same international law principles that the allies did in our timeline. Will we maybe see a german version of the UN too or at least some kind of EU?

And where is Arthur Harris? He deserved a warcrimetrial far more then Patton.:mad:

At least the british field marshals survived... It's a really sad future this.

It's a bone for the Brits, who are now in Germany's orbit. :p

I'm looking not just for Harris, but also LeMay and Tedder and Arnold. ;)

Yes, 'Bomber Harris' will be getting the death penalty as well when I produce a larger list.

The Brits get off lighter for switching sides late in the war, but he led to the deaths of many.

As the noose is placed over Cool´s neck:

Before I get hanged, I wish to say one thing - 'Long live sacred Britian!

Yeah, whats going on? Avenge him? He single-handedly undermined the entire Allied effort.

Not to mention he sanctioned the nuclear attack on Moscow!

This makes Cool probably the only person (still) alive who would get hanged by all three sides. :rofl:

Speaking of the red meanace, have you already decided theyre future or is it still possible to make suggestions?