• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Nice AAR.

Want to sou how will be your ESE problem with all these nukes on yours cities. :p

The Arsenal of Democracy

0000 May 10th 1948
China​

A new war is emerging in Asia as the Chinese Civil War resumes; Communist forces make initial gains in the northern mountains of China.​

144-01-China.jpg

The Nationalist forces outnumber the Communists two by one, however their quality is debatable.​

0700 May 16th 1948
Plovdiv, Bulgaria​

US forces launch a new offensive in Southern Europe, directed at the weak link of German forces in Bulgaria and Albania, with two strong attacks.​

144-02-Plovdiv.jpg

The attack on Plovdiv shows initial progress, as fifteen US divisions face a war-weary Bulgarian army. The American thrust is thwarted, however, as soon as German reinforcements reach Plovdiv. After six days of fighting, the Allies call off the attack, leaving seven thousand on the field.​

144-03-Skopje.jpg

The attack on Skopje involves a much larger Allied concentration; almost forty divisions try to break the German defenses entrenched in this impervious terrain. Their efforts are futile, however, as ten days of battle cost them twelve thousand men.

Following these failures, the Allied operation was cancelled, causing 20,000 Allied and 15,000 Axis casualties in ten days without any relevant result.​

0700 May 25th 1948
Akyab, Burma​

While the Allies try to force the German lines in Europe in vain, several British divisions get encircled and destroyed during their retreat in Burma.​

144-04-Akyab.jpg

Only poor infrastructure would slow the Germans from chasing down the last remnants of the British Army in Burma.​

1300 May 28th 1948
Münster, Germany​

Once again, the US would show their superiority in terms of technology and production.​

144-05-Nuke.jpg

The city of Münster got hit by a Nuclear bomb, as four Allied Strategic Bomber squadrons delivered their deadly payload onto the target. The degree of damage was deemed 'acceptable' by German analysts, as the nuclear weapon was being perceived as yet another device of a senseless, everlasting war.​

144-06-Spain.jpg

Believing that the enemy was in disarray due to the last nuclear attack, the British launched an attack on Seville. They would be terribly wrong, however, as Germany had to get used to this state of nuclear fear; the attack would consequently be a massacre, as five thousand British lost their lives in less than two days.​

Fre**** yankees, can't they just understand that they already lost the war ? :D

If memory serves (and first post confirms it does), this AAR was done with the World in Flames mod, that includes a massively revamped AI.

A nuke-using AI.

Yes, it hurts.

TheRealKestrel - This update will answer the manpower question.

Enewald - My Luftwaffe would be shred to pieces if it dares to leave the ground. Somehow I feel this being the largest AoD AAR is like cheating :)

Karaiskandar - It's a long way before they lose it.

Svend Karlson - Indeed, it's from the WiF mod, the mod this AAR was originally based upon.

Ivir Baggins, alvaro - I already have a nuke. Unfortunately, AoD greatly reduces nuke production speed; I will most probably manually edit that in order to give US and Germany a fair nuclear production rate. Yes, I have decided what to do with it.

tuore, Ivir Baggins, UncleAlias - Indeed WiF AI uses nukes if it has both the nukes and a way to deliver it. I know it very well, since I got hit by four or five nukes. AoD shouldn't be any worse either.

Monthly update as soon as I sort out my Photobucket account.

I've just read the whole aar and its awesome, I love the feeling when you manage to encircle a large amount of russians and the aftermaths when the rest of their army falls like cards, the russian army is nothing without its numbers :)

the nuke on athens really sucked, you really need to retaliate that cowardly attack on your glorious german legions!