• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

The Wump

Private
Jul 28, 2015
So if I conquer most of the world as Norway then get a terrible king, could I start releasing some kingdoms and still keep Norwegian culture so long as it is in at least part of its territory? I want to acculturate the entire planet to be Norwegian if that's possible but I am sick of running this ginormous blob of a kingdom with revolts ever 30 seconds!

Why should you not stay norwegian ?

Regarding the released kingdoms, as long as their new kings are norwegian they might convert their capital to norwegian.
If i remember correctly there is an event for it to convert the capital province or the ruler.
If their capital is already norwegian it's more likley that they will stay norwegian.
Sure. No idea how it turns out if it's only some province in their realm that is norwegian.

Not sure i understand you correctly.
Rephrase please, if required.

Ever thought about getting an emperor title ? Just sayin'...:rolleyes:

If I release sweden as a kingdom while I started as norway, will it be a swedish kingdom or a norwegian kingdom named sweden?

A title is only a title.
Culture depends on the character.

Well, I know that's not true. Your character can change cultures and I have had that happen (heir is finnish or russian because of the province they were born in) but the kingdown stays norwegian and norwegian keeps spreading and eventually his heirs will turn back.

What i said is 100% true.
A title has no culture. A realm follows the culture of its highest ruler.

heir is finnish or russian because of the province they were born in

o_O

...and none of the parents is finnish or russian ?
As far as i recall, that was only happening in CK1 without the Deus Vult expansion
and is related to the culture of the province, not a title.
Are you playing without DV ? If so, then....

Last edited:
I didn't believe you at first but I think you are right. My son's wife died and he married some german harlot and then he inherited and died, now I am stuck as german and the wrong culture.