• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Playing with the WoL Beta, can't seem to subjegate anyone. I'm Buddist, Indo-Aryan(cant remember which one) , King and surruounded by Jain and Hindus of various cultures, but cant seem get the CB for subjugations. What are the full requirements for Subjugation?

I'm playing a Republic and my current heir is a Duke in my realm but his capital holding is a castle. Will my game end if he inherits when I die?

Nope, he will become a patrician, so there shouldnt be any inheritance issues.

Playing with the WoL Beta, can't seem to subjegate anyone. I'm Buddist, Indo-Aryan(cant remember which one) , King and surruounded by Jain and Hindus of various cultures, but cant seem get the CB for subjugations. What are the full requirements for Subjugation?

500 piety.

The target must be of the same cultural group as you.

And of the indian group religion.

Once per life.

Last edited:
Tribal Armies

Do tribal armies carry through when you adopt feudalism? I want to claim a single county demesne (Dec 954) with a 954 unit levy from a castle, but there is a 2500 unit army from that county standing there. Actually they are standing next door where the county is still tribal but they are from the feudal county..

Do tribal armies carry through when you adopt feudalism? I want to claim a single county demesne (Dec 954) with a 954 unit levy from a castle, but there is a 2500 unit army from that county standing there. Actually they are standing next door where the county is still tribal but they are from the feudal county..

These armies disband in peace.

I cannot seem to open a character's page by clicking at their portrait, is there another way to get there? (I am trying to find claimants with strong claims and would rather not fill my court with foreigners unless they have strong claims.)

Can someone list a character to play for each expansion? I'd like to play each game per expansion if you know what I mean.

There is an enormous list of interesting characters here:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?648502-Why-You-Should-Play-As-Any-Particular-Character-in-CK2

What do you mean by for each expansion, though? Something that is only playable with the expansion? Something that takes advantage of more of the traits of the new content? This could vary answers substantially and there are a lot of "right" answers either way. Examples:
  • TOG: The Pagans and Zoroastrians became playable in The Old Gods. The Norse are generally the most fun, but the Zoroastrian Karen in 867 is a difficult and interesting start. There are also interesting Christian starts only made available by TOG, so what are you looking for?
  • SoA: Similarly, the Jewish starts became available via Sons of Abraham but without TOG, you can either play the tiny Jewish Duchy in Ethiopia or the remnant of Kazaria. At the same time, SoA added to Catholic nations, so you could play one of those as a "SoA start."
  • LoR: No new starts were unlocked by Legacy of Rome, but a lot of the flavor it added was for the Byzantine Empire. A Duke-level character or the Emperor himself could both be interesting, and there are interesting starts for them throughout the timeline, even at the TOG and Charlemagne starts.

Very helpful link, thanks!

I guess I mean along the lines of "The Old Gods" expansion would be played via a Norse character and the Legacy of Rome would be a Byzantium character, I guess I need history lessons..

I have all expansions except the latest Charlemagne. I guess I want to play each game based in each expansion as much as possible: (lets say I want to play 6 games).

Game 1: Sword of Islam
Game 2: Legacy of Rome
Game 3: The Republic
Game 4: The Old Gods
Game 5: Sons of Abraham
Game 6: Rajas of India

That link should explain who/where to begin for each expansion.

Very helpful link, thanks!

I guess I mean along the lines of "The Old Gods" expansion would be played via a Norse character and the Legacy of Rome would be a Byzantium character, I guess I need history lessons..

I have all expansions except the latest Charlemagne. I guess I want to play each game based in each expansion as much as possible: (lets say I want to play 6 games).

Game 1: Sword of Islam
Game 2: Legacy of Rome
Game 3: The Republic
Game 4: The Old Gods
Game 5: Sons of Abraham
Game 6: Rajas of India

That link should explain who/where to begin for each expansion.

Okay... it's hard to do a "if you only have one game, how do I experience the MOST of each DLC's content" list but here's a shot:

1. Added playable Muslims, so you have to be Muslim, and I'd say pick a Caliph. If you only have one game as a Muslim, play the Abbasid Caliph in 867 for easy-mode or 1066 if you want to struggle back to power.
  2. So much in events/decisions for the Romans... With one game, I'd personally make it as Greek count in the Byzantine Empire, probably within Greece. Plot your rise to power and try to restore the empire.
  3. Clearly a Republic. I'd say start as one of the non-doge houses in Venice. 1066 is a quicker start due to technology, so it's more fun off the bat.
  4. This is a much harder one. The most interesting would probably be to pick a Norse character in your favorite region in 867. A duke in Norway, Sweden, Denmark are all good and strong starts and will get you into the action quickly. Starting as one of the Norsemen in the British Isles is also viable, but reforming the faith to stay Norse is quite a bit harder. Also, by playing only one game to go along with this DLC, you totally miss out on the Zoroastrians. And the Tengri aren't bad either.
  5. We haven't had a Christian game yet, so I think this is a good place to put it as SoA added a number of things for Christians. For something different, try a French count in 1066. Maybe the last Karling in Vermandois? This is, of course, the obvious place to mention playing a Jewish character, but if you only have ONE game per DLC, I think it's not that one -- besides difficulty, playing a Jewish character just isn't that different or unique.
  6. There's no particularly wrong or right place to play an RoI game. Pick any Indian faith group in India. Start at whatever level you feel best.

I'm a bit confused as to why I can't press the following claim.

My vassal the Duchess of Brittanny has a stong claim on the county of Mortain in the Kingdom of France.
e3e6c2e4c2f20c3620b18eb844cd4cd5.png

However the game tells me I have no valid CB when trying to DoW France.
0ccb987d05753e094422969367bb68fc.png

Why can't I declare war on France as a "war to press XXX's claim on Mortain" ? I suppose that claim of hers is a fabricated one, is that the reason why I can't press it for her?

As Emperor, what happens if I press my wife's weak claim on a neighboring kingdom?

I'm the Kaiser of Frisia and hold the kingdoms of Frisia, Germany, and Aquitaine. My wife has a weak claim on the kingdom of Middle Francia. If I press her claim and win, does she become my vassal as queen of Middle Francia, and if so, does she leave my court to rule in Luxembourg? Also, will she become disgruntled due to being a vassal?

I suppose if there are no unexpected developments our son would be the heir to my titles and to the kingdom of Middle Francia; if she were to die before me, would the son become a problem?

Here is my map:

BA7B4F48EC2089EB3B5FA187088BF694E1C118EF

Thanks!

I'm the Kaiser of Frisia and hold the kingdoms of Frisia, Germany, and Aquitaine. My wife has a weak claim on the kingdom of Middle Francia. If I press her claim and win, does she become my vassal as queen of Middle Francia, and if so, does she leave my court to rule in Luxembourg? Also, will she become disgruntled due to being a vassal?

I suppose if there are no unexpected developments our son would be the heir to my titles and to the kingdom of Middle Francia; if she were to die before me, would the son become a problem?

Person you press a claim for will become your vassal only if he/she is of your dynasty or the claimed title is of your de iure scope.

I guess it's not your wife case so she won't be your vassal.

In any case your wife will establish her own court in her new capital.

If the Middle Francia succession is Gavelkind (or already Primogeniture) and you have a son there is good chance he will unite both realms on inheritance.

If the MF is Elective, Elective Gavelkind (or Seniority) you can have problems, as it can be inherited by a member of your wife dynasty instead.

Your common kids will have claims on her titles though, so you can conquer it again, this time directly for your dynasty.

Is the "pressure fellow vassal into joining faction" mechanic still broken, or am I missing something to make it work?

Here is my map:

BA7B4F48EC2089EB3B5FA187088BF694E1C118EF

Thanks!

Your wife should become independant, but your ally. You will still be able to make babies, dispite being in different courts.
Your heir should inherit both middle francia, and your realm, if both realms have the same succesion law (primo preferably)

If she dies before you, your son will become independant king of middle francia, but I doubt that'd be a problem. You can protect him from any possible rebellions, and he already builds up long reign bonus with the lords of middle francia, making them easy vassals upon your own succession (and prestige)