• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Does vassals ever raid? Since I unified all norse I haven't seen a single ship or raider army out doing their thing. The only viking left in the world is appearently me.

I have seen them in vanilla quite often yes. As tribal, they actually have a negative modifier when you call them to war because they are raiding. Not sure after you reform.
Currently I'm playing HIP, and it seems to be bugged there

I have seen them in vanilla quite often yes. As tribal, they actually have a negative modifier when you call them to war because they are raiding. Not sure after you reform.
Currently I'm playing HIP, and it seems to be bugged there

I'm the reformed germanic fylkir/emperor of scandinavia, and I have my messege settings set to send me reports of all members of my religion. Some of my vassals are tribal, others are feudal. In the past I regularly got messages that "King/Jarl/chief X has returned home with X amount of loot", but in the last 100 years or so, nothing. Have been playing the game from the relese of CM through all the beta-patches.

I seem to remember my vassals pre-CM raiding, maybe it has gotten bugged lately?

You sure that reformed Pagans are allowed to raid?

Well, I have raided Constantinople, Venice and Rome three times over during the period since I last got a message someone else came home from a viking voyage. I submitted an bug-report in the bug-report forum, just in case it's a bug. I can only guess that maybe it's some weirdness caused by playing through a bunch of different beta-patches, or CM have bugged it.
Or possibly vassals simply aren't meant to raid, but I have vague memories of my vassals raiding before, I'm just not 100% sure that it's the case.

I'm the reformed germanic fylkir/emperor of scandinavia, and I have my messege settings set to send me reports of all members of my religion. Some of my vassals are tribal, others are feudal. In the past I regularly got messages that "King/Jarl/chief X has returned home with X amount of loot", but in the last 100 years or so, nothing. Have been playing the game from the relese of CM through all the beta-patches.

I seem to remember my vassals pre-CM raiding, maybe it has gotten bugged lately?

Yes, I think it's bugged. In my current game as Genoa I was fighting hordes of raiders early and now in the early 900s I haven't seen a single raider in maybe 50 years. Please report to the bug forum with a save.

Isn't it related to the size of the realm? If vassals go raiding or not?

Does creating a custom empire actually remove the 8k prestige required? I'm playing a Saxony game and my current Fylkir is 36 years old with ~4.2k prestige, so he should be able to get to 8k within his lifetime. I like the idea of creating a custom empire with Saxony's flag and color, but if the custom empire actually uses up the 8k I think I'd rather suck it up and form Wendish Empire, rename it, and further upgrade my holdings with the prestige.

How is the "adopt capital culture" decision supposed to work?

For what I read around here, you need:
- To have RoI active;
- To have a capital with different culture than yourself;
- Look in the intrigue/decisions screen.

But I have these things, and no such option. I'm playing a Greek Despot, under the Byzantine Emperor, if it makes any difference.
What's missing?

How is the "adopt capital culture" decision supposed to work?

For what I read around here, you need:
- To have RoI active;
- To have a capital with different culture than yourself;
- Look in the intrigue/decisions screen.

But I have these things, and no such option. I'm playing a Greek Despot, under the Byzantine Emperor, if it makes any difference.
What's missing?

I don't think you can change culture to something other than your leige's

Which factors make a county an available choice for the chancellor's 'fabricate claim'-mission?

(background of the question: Starting as one county-vassal I sent my chancellor to a fellow vassal I did not like to gain a CB on him. The chancellor was high-dip and had a 25% chance per year to fabricate the claim. Yet after 30 years he still had not succeeded (about 0,02% probability). When I finally gave up and wanted to reassign him I noticed that the county I had sent him to was now greyed out for 'fabricate claim'-missions. I assume it had been that way for most of those decades, which made it impossible for him to succeed - a rather annoying 'feature'.)

That really shouldn't happen, as far as I know. Did your chancellor like you? If not, he can be bribed by an event to let go a fabricated claim. That's what could have happened.

Otherwise, I don't think there should be any greyed-out territories, except for those you own yourself, I believe...

That really shouldn't happen, as far as I know. Did your chancellor like you? If not, he can be bribed by an event to let go a fabricated claim. That's what could have happened.

Otherwise, I don't think there should be any greyed-out territories, except for those you own yourself, I believe...

It seems chancellors can usually fabricate claims on counties bordering one of yours or coastal to the same ocean area than one of your counties. Seems I had lost that border-status to the county I had sent my chancellor to, yet the game failed to abort the mission or send him back and just kept him there without any chances of success until I manually removed him. I wonder if it 'works' the same way with other missions/councilors when one of the criteria for making a county eligible falls away.

Does creating a custom empire actually remove the 8k prestige required? I'm playing a Saxony game and my current Fylkir is 36 years old with ~4.2k prestige, so he should be able to get to 8k within his lifetime. I like the idea of creating a custom empire with Saxony's flag and color, but if the custom empire actually uses up the 8k I think I'd rather suck it up and form Wendish Empire, rename it, and further upgrade my holdings with the prestige.

yes you keep the prestige, I thought I was going to lose it all when I created my custom empire and got a happy surprise, promptly spent 4k of it on upgrading my holdings, shoulda upgraded my vassals to, cause I dropped dead before I was able to use it all up:p
--------------
a question of my own, I have finally decided to get some retinues, but I have no idea if there is anyone which is better than the rest of them at the moment, I remember something about skirmish retinues dominating but that might have changed?

There was a wonderfull topic listing intresting characters to play in ck2 in the stiky topic section some time ago. I suppose it has been unpinned and I don't remember its name so I can't find it. Someone can tell me its name?

Are there any issues with relocating the capital of a Merchant Republic? I seem to recall problems in past games. I started as Genoa but now control Aquitane and was considering moving the capital there.

Can a Patrician liege revoke a title from a vassal if he has a Strong Claim on it?

2. Is there a sure way to make my ruler stop leading armies? Even after 130 hours in the game, I still haven't figured that out. I usually swap my commanders until after some random combination of them my ruler returns to the capital. Is there any "Retire" button or something?

I usually put my ruler as the army leader (any flanks or center) and click again on it and "resign" (at the top of the window). This way he will not lead any sub-army and go back to the capital in order to reign (and not die or become craven on the battlefield)