• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Events are no longer pausing. All of my Hunting pop-ups, for example, appear at once. During battles, I am chasing defeated armies all over the map (the poster above me aptly described it as ping-ponging).

I have a question that you folks may help with: in the patch list, in multiple locations, it says "DoW". What does DoW stand for? Clearly something with war but I can't figure out the specifics...
e.g.: AI: "Checks if mercs are an option when evaluating DoW"

Second, what does this note mean:
"Vassal mercs now cost half maintenance"

I assumed it meant you could grant landed title to merc captains, but you can't. You can still give the leaders of Holy Orders land, but their cost doesn't seem to be reduced.

- Made the revolters in independence wars start gaining ticking war score, and do so immediately

I cannot thank yall ENOUGH for this. It's been my number one requested change to the game, and it actually happened. So happy right now (even if I discovered it exists because I currently have a vassal revolting against me!)

This should make the big blobs a little more susceptible to losing ground. Never again will there be a huge rash of independence wars that go on for a decade until white peace simply because the rebel can't snatch enough land, even though their ex-liege hasn't take a single of their holdings.

I cannot thank yall ENOUGH for this. It's been my number one requested change to the game, and it actually happened. So happy right now (even if I discovered it exists because I currently have a vassal revolting against me!)

This should make the big blobs a little more susceptible to losing ground. Never again will there be a huge rash of independence wars that go on for a decade until white peace simply because the rebel can't snatch enough land, even though their ex-liege hasn't take a single of their holdings.

Ooh, I missed that one, I agree with you, great change!

Three problems. Got the Steam version, and they aren't selling the new DLC at this moment. Going to the in-game store just sends me to Steam (see previous). Might want to give the Steam people a poke, devs.

Second, getting a completely different checksum (WQsomething), but I know I've done some tweaking in the files, so I'm attempting a delete and re-download to see if that fixes it. Let ya know in a couple minutes if that works.

Third, the game is still running it's first-time install script each time. The re-download might fix it, let ya know...

Edit: Redownload fixed the checksum, but it's still doing first-time installs every time.

Last edited:
Three problems. Got the Steam version, and they aren't selling the new DLC at this moment. Going to the in-game store just sends me to Steam (see previous). Might want to give the Steam people a poke, devs.

Second, getting a completely different checksum (WQsomething), but I know I've done some tweaking in the files, so I'm attempting a delete and re-download to see if that fixes it. Let ya know in a couple minutes if that works.

Third, the game is still running it's first-time install script each time. The re-download might fix it, let ya know...

Edit: Redownload fixed the checksum, but it's still doing first-time installs every time.

something might be wrong with your redistributable packages. as long as everything works i wouldn't worry much though but it might be something you should look into deeper when you have time. for now just delete the .exe steam tries to install from the game directory. it should stop then.

something might be wrong with your redistributable packages. as long as everything works i wouldn't worry much though but it might be something you should look into deeper when you have time. for now just delete the .exe steam tries to install from the game directory. it should stop then.

Still doing it. And yeah, everything works as well as to be expected.

Great patch but was this patch rolled back or something? I just tried to install it and the game launcher (I bought from GG) says the game is up-to-date and the latest version is 1.04c. It doesn't show any patch.

I also cannot buy any DLC from the in-game store. When I click the "Buy" button CK2 crashes to desktop. I tried twice.

EDIT: I had to download the patch manually from GamersGate and manually apply it. The game launcher still shows 1.04c as latest though. Also, I was able to buy the DLC after I updated to 1.05 but I had to reinstall them several times because the DLC download just wouldn't work. The in-game store is really shaky.

I don't know maybe for someone is Sweden it's great but for a person in United States, my experience has been: GamersGate really sucks. Their web site times out constantly and I have to re-try my downloads several times. GamersGate is the only site I have this problem with.

Last edited:
Tried getting a MP game going all day with the 1.05 patch, no luck. We keep getting "server lost" messages a few minutes into the game, and we never got that before. 1.05 really seems to have broken what was a pretty stable MP :(

Some thoughts, now that I've spent some hours in the game with the new patch going.

- Improved military AI

Haven't seen enough to say whether or not it's been improved... But it certainly is far more Active. Which is a step in the right direction.

- Armies can now be "attached" to each other, which means they will just follow the lead army

Shouldn't one's Liege's armies (and one's Liege's Leige's) be automatically considered valid to be attached to? Right now, the game claims my Liege's armeis aren't 'friendly' and thus can't follow them around. And I can't join their wars, because I technically am already part of it...

- AI: Will no longer raise forces in besieged counties

This is a Huge improvement in the reduction of nuisance details in the game. "Dude, I've got 10,000 men surrounding your castle, why do you keep sending men out a dozen at a time at me? Whatever you're trying, it ain't working..."

Is it just me, or all the characters become elusive shadows regardless of who is their mentor?
Did you read any of the other threads on the new patch before posting? Everyone sees that, and I expect it will be fixed in a hot patch within a day or two.