Crusader Kings II - 2.1.3 PATCH RELEASED - Checksum OSRS - NOT for problem reports!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Good patch.

Any chance you'll make the AI use pilgrimages and patron dieties at least sometimes? Now, that we can search for traits, I've been looking for AI pilgrims for quite a while and so far I have found none. Also, since you've made the decision to form India better and fixed Indian religions' screens, is there any chance you'll make the formation of Israel better and fix the "vassal bishops" in the Jewish religious screen?

Any chance you'll make the AI use pilgrimages and patron dieties at least sometimes?
They do, it's just super rare

Code:
#Catholic Pilgrimages 
ai_will_do = {
			factor = 0.001             # Only a small minority of Christians ever go on a pilgrimage
			modifier = {
				factor = 0
				NOT = { age = 25 }
			}
			modifier = {
				factor = 3
				trait = zealous
			}
			modifier = {
				factor = 0
				NOT = { wealth = 200 }
			}			
			modifier = {
				factor = 0
				NOT = { age = 30 }
			}
		}

#Hindu patron deity
ai_will_do = {
			factor = 0.01
			modifier = {
				factor = 5
				trait = zealous
			}
			modifier = {
				factor = 0.5
				trait = cynical
			}
		}

There is still nothing done about the missing text in french translation I reported earlier.
(http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?764470-2.1.1-Missing-French-localization and http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?767465-Crusader-Kings-II-Open-Beta-Patch-2.1.2.1-Now-Available-checksum-VAXZ&p=17190381&highlight=#post17190381 )

I don't want to te be annoying with this, but I paid 15€ in a new extensions (the missing text in vanilla in all learning event and big event like hashashin, I can live with that, it was your first "real" localized game...) that I cannot play normally with because of all the important missing text.

I would really like to have an answer about that. Even, I would gladly help find the missing string in the files if it would make thing better...

I just had a look at the files and it seems some translated text have unintentionally gotten truncated. We'll sort it out, thanks for reporting!

Code:
#Catholic Pilgrimages 
ai_will_do = {
			factor = 0.001             # Only a small minority of Christians ever go on a pilgrimage
			modifier = {
				factor = 0
				NOT = { age = 25 }
			}
			modifier = {
				factor = 3
				trait = zealous
			}
			modifier = {
				factor = 0
				NOT = { wealth = 200 }
			}			
			modifier = {
				factor = 0
				NOT = { age = 30 }
			}
		}

#Hindu patron deity
ai_will_do = {
			factor = 0.01
			modifier = {
				factor = 5
				trait = zealous
			}
			modifier = {
				factor = 0.5
				trait = cynical
			}
		}

Isn't the age 25 factor redundant given the age 30 one?

Code:
#Catholic Pilgrimages 
ai_will_do = {
			modifier = {
				factor = 0
				NOT = { age = 25 }
			}
			modifier = {
				factor = 3
				trait = zealous
			}
			modifier = {
				factor = 0
				NOT = { wealth = 200 }
			}			
			modifier = {
				factor = 0
				NOT = { age = 30 }
			}
		}

#Hindu patron deity
ai_will_do = {
			factor = 0.01
			modifier = {
				factor = 5
				trait = zealous
			}
			modifier = {
				factor = 0.5
				trait = cynical
			}
		}
I have seen the code and made this claim myself, but evidence points to it simply not being true. There are no AI pilgrims at all. Perhaps it's a case of AI never taking a decision if AI will do < 1.
It is. I thought about posting a bug report, but the whole AI will do seems redundand anyway, as the AI will never do.

Also, perhaps a more complex factors could be included into AI will do, like religious authority, not having an antipope, Holy Land being Christian, relations with the religious head, etc.

I have seen the code and made this claim myself, but evidence points to it simply not being true. There are no AI pilgrims at all. Perhaps it's a case of AI never taking a decision if AI will do < 1.

It is. I thought about posting a bug report, but the whole AI will do seems redundand anyway, as the AI will never do.
I'm guessing that the chance is so low that you'll never see it (or it might be AI weirdness with decimal factors). With no modifiers and a straight 1 factor everything works fine.

Seems like it.

Last edited:

Also, perhaps a more complex factors could be included into AI will do, like religious authority, not having an antipope, Holy Land being Christian, relations with the religious head, etc.

I made a bug report about the Christian AI not utilizing pilgrimage before to no avail. Assuming the script isn't more thoroughly bugged, a rate comparable to making the Hajj, if not slightly less, would at least bring the decision and it's traits into existence.

The Pilgrim code for AI really needs to be fixed. Should a mode be made to fix it or wait for Paradox?

Will I be able to play my current play-through? Or will I have to start over?

So there was a weird bug that may have been fixed in this patch, but I don't know if anyone else was even having it, and I can't test it until my group gets together to play again. In multiplayer we've had a few nights ruined because of out of sync errors right as we launch the game. Sync issues themselves aren't strange, but this part was:

If a save file is transferred and the game is launched, followed by an immediate out of sync error, we will no longer be able to use that save file for the rest of the night. If I try to host the game again, the players who join will click "ready" but the play button never lights up as clickable. Considering that whenever this happens, we can still launch new games or previous autosaves (but if it fails again, the autosave will be unusable again too), my theory is that the bug is related to downloading save files that have already been downloaded once before.

Has anyone else run into this? Whenever it does happen, we notice that there's the whole "waiting for server" message, so I thought perhaps it was fixed because of the patch mentioning this.

God Dammit Paradox - you still haven't fixed bugs I have reported! (and properly other too)
This is so poor of you, I personally have reported 3 bugs in 7 threads, and still nothing! No comments or questions, you just don't see them or what?
I mean, what more should I do to be heard? I feel like a freaking idiot taking time to post bugs and issues, and then feeling ignored...

I know you have fixed a lot of things, but seriously, you have had so much time for this patch, so it really can't be a matter of time - so why? Why don't you fix the things we report about? Should we have another way of reporting bugs, if this one clearly doesnt work for neither you or us? By filling a form and sending it or?

I mean this in all good respect, I just think that this is annoying to see... We have a great forum here, but it feels to me that we talk in each direction, and not "talking" together!

Thanks for the good work and the great beta.

Anyways, it is rather disappointing that you did not have enough time to finally correct the name of the Liudolfings. The dynasty is called "Ludolfings" in game, with the eponym name in the database being "Luidolf", which is also wrong. These typos are annoying, it's like having the house of 'Wassex' or the 'Crapets'. Please take the time to change this in the next patch. Thanks in advance.

Link to the bugreports: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?768159-Database-Ludolfing-Liudolfing

"- Ruler designer costs improved for balance."

Thank you. When I see bugs/suggestions I reported getting improved/fixed, I feel motivated to find and report more bugs.