Crusader Kings II - 2.0.4 PATCH RELEASED - Checksum FCUV - NOT for problem reports!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I had no idea this had actually happened, the thread indicating that this might at some point happen was closed so an announcement or something might have been nice :)

Also I seem to have ended up with some doubled items, I got a free CK2 with EUIV but never bothered with it or bought any DLC with it since I already had everything on the GG version but when i started trying to activate the keys it kept saying I already owned some things. And when I checked the DLC listing sure enough it seems to have everything before The Old Gods, even some things that I never bought for the GG version such as the mediterranean portraits. What should I do with the surplus keys?

An announcement would have been obligatory in my opinion.
It seems all GG users got all DLCs (except ToG and SoA i believe) to that point. Out of generosity or because it was simpler to handle i don't know.
Didn't help me as i had already bought all of them.:rolleyes:

Regarding the DLCs, sorry i don't know, as i haven't even installed Steam by now on any of my comps. I wonder why it says that you have surplus keys.
Maybe AndrewT (Tech support) can answer this. If there will be no response, i suggest posting a thread in the general forum or tech support subforum.

Whatever. Someone asks a question, a factual answer is posted, and things go sideways because people don't like the facts.
Just because you hold your opinions strongly, that doesn't make them facts.
Is there an "approved" place anywhere on these forums to discuss the treatment of GG customers by Paradox, or that topic entirely forbidden?
Of course; as before. If it's about a specific game then there, or if not in the general PDS or PI forum as appropriate. Just not in threads on other topics. And it is not to degenerate into the 99th pro/anti Steam rant thread.

Just because you hold your opinions strongly, that doesn't make them facts.

Conversely, not liking the facts doesn't make them "opinion", nor does it make the one posting them a "troll".

Conversely, not liking the facts doesn't make them "opinion", nor does it make the one posting them a "troll".

It has more to do with the way you speak, I think.

You don't like steam, so you stamp your feet every chance you get saying you don't like it. Just so you know that is being a troll, and is straight up grounds for banning from the forums.

FACT: You don't like steam because reasons.
FACT: You not wanting to use Steam is your choice, it is the same with any other game released on steam.
FACT: Constantly bringing up the topic every chance you get, to cause a scene, is trolling.
FACT: You are a troll.

We get it you don't like it, unfortunately for you it means you no longer get updates or support for your game.

Typical. See signature.

Typical. See signature.

From the first paragraph (italics are mine):

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog), either accidentally[3][4] or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[5] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

From the first paragraph (italics are mine):

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog), either accidentally[3][4] or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[5] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

Then you misunderstand my intent entirely. Oh well.

Doesn't change the facts mate. You are being a troll.

Also wikipedia as a source? :rofl:

That is almost as good as using reddit as a source.

The devs use wikipedia as their source for all historical info.

As nobody answered, what does this mean?

I think it means that the game now auto saves to steam faster, though ever since the update it has been slower for me, so i could be wrong.

The game is fiction based on history. It is not 100% accurate, because it is based on history, not a historical simulator. Thus the use of wikipedia is acceptable, since they are not going for 100% accurate.

The use of wikipedia in this case is fine, because they are not using it to say this is fact. Quoting wikipedia as a source for a definition is not accurate. Yes some things are correct, maybe even most, but there is so much that is not true and simply one persons point of view.

Hey guys, I had a quick question. I'm trying to play multiplayer with my friend on this patch. We're both using the same DLC, and no mods. I'm using Arumba's Keyboard Shortcuts mod, so that doesn't change the checksum. My checksum is FCUV, as per the official one. However my friend is getting ECUV. What could cause this?

Hey guys, I had a quick question. I'm trying to play multiplayer with my friend on this patch. We're both using the same DLC, and no mods. I'm using Arumba's Keyboard Shortcuts mod, so that doesn't change the checksum. My checksum is FCUV, as per the official one. However my friend is getting ECUV. What could cause this?

He may have to exit and restart the game -- the checksum can/will/whatever change if you start a new "campaign" without restarted the game.

Shame that Nature isn't on the whitelist, I could link to their study of Wikipedia vs traditional print encyclopedias.

Last edited:

you both using steam?

Checksum changes whenever you resign a game. If he was to resign again he would get DCUV.

All new games and multiplayer games should be started on the current checksum - or modded checksum if that is the case.

Does that mean ship count nerf?

Now the modifiers is applied again, before I removed it Republics would go bankrupt just by raising their ships for a month but I've now instead tweaked military technology so it shouldn't be a problem.

What does it mean?

That there should be more feedback to you the player, as in it should tell you better what is wrong with a save (Broken, wrong version, etc.)

No they don't. Just for a very little part, because Wikipedia doesn't cover very much medieval history as of now.

yes they do, why else do you think they put a wiki link in the character pages of actual characters.

yes they do, why else do you think they put a wiki link in the character pages of actual characters.

The majority of the characters in the game, title holders even, still doesn't even have a wiki link, nor even a wiki page for that matter. Also a lot of wiki pages doesn't have sources and if you look on many of the characters in game their birth and death dates, spouses, children and more, usually doesn't mimic Wikipedia, but original sources and sites that use these original sources e.g.

http://fmg.ac/Projects/MedLands/CONTENTS.htm (which is a very good site most of the time)

So PDS must have had their researches research the original sources, not staying zealously on Wikipedia that doesn't even cover most of the era's important characters.

Wiki links are there for the player to read more about a character, but most of the time it doesn't match with the information in game. The part they want you to read is the story of the characters' lives. It would be very awkward and hard to make a unique website for the game only to put up the original sources. It saves PDS a lot of time to simply use Wikipedia.

Because it's an easy way for players to find out about a particular character? Unlike say a citation for a book.

One of the devs (I forget) wrote in some recent thread that he often uses Wikipedia, but those who concentrate on historical research use other sources as well.