Crusader Kings II - 1.08 PATCH RELEASED - Checksum JQDK - NOT for problem reports!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I normally would never enable data tracking, but since you guys actually asked I guess why not, unlike every other company that does it without asking and without even telling you plainly I suppose you wont do any harmful things with it. (Right... :ninja:?)

I'd love to see some results from the data you collect like favorite mods, amount of time people played the game in the last month/week/year. Doesn't look like its possible but I'd love to get some actual data on which things people do in game, which are the most formed kingdoms, the biggest dynasties ect but that does not seem to be part of the data collection.

Does data tracking tell if players run the game at Windows, Mac or Linux or can you track that through Steam? I have no idea what data Steam reveals to game developers.

FOR MODDERS:
- The criterion for determining who can lead troops is now determined by the allow trigger for 'job_marshal' (so women can now be modded to lead armies)
Very good for GoT : Rhaneys & Vysenia will become useful with their dragons ! :)

Yeah, some like TPTT, one of my favourite mods, was practically brutally ravaged by the newest update with bugs and what not, so lets hope the modders have some time to buckle down, and get cracking :)
Was easy enough for me to update my mod. Had a compatible version out less than an hour after I saw 1.08 was released :p

De jure vassals of your culture and religion, except kings, will not start or join independence factions

Hm. This significantly shifts the balance away from "a few King-level vassals" to "multitudes of Duke-level vassals" in terms of imperial strategy.

Still no Intel HD 3000 support for Mac? Because if I'm wrong and it is supported, I am buying. Like, now.

The game already supports HD 3000 cards since patch 1.07. There might still be some minor bugs left - some people were reporting freezes after extended periods of playtime - but the game is playable. I don't know if or how much patch 1.08 has improved the situation further, maybe a HD 3000 user can chime in.

I'm not pleased to see the end of the "free leaders". A retinue is a standing army. It should be lead by a professional soldier, not some mayor of a far-flung town that just happened to have some military skill. I realize that people didn't like their court being flooded with so many of them, but surely a balance can be struck with it. At the very least there should be the option to hire a general, the same way that a noble or holy man is invited to the kingdom.

I'm not pleased to see the end of the "free leaders". A retinue is a standing army. It should be lead by a professional soldier, not some mayor of a far-flung town that just happened to have some military skill. I realize that people didn't like their court being flooded with so many of them, but surely a balance can be struck with it. At the very least there should be the option to hire a general, the same way that a noble or holy man is invited to the kingdom.

This actually seems like it would be a good balance between the two. "Hire a General" button in the intrigue menu.

This actually seems like it would be a good balance between the two. "Hire a General" button in the intrigue menu.

I would prefer a more event based system, intrgue button would be (gold cost prohibiting) too easy to spam until you get great generals.
What about some kind of event triggered after creating a retinue (maybe with a time delay so if you create multiple retinues at the same time you don't get multiple events spamming generals) thats a little something like:

A warrior has arrived in your court looking for work, he claims to be a mighty general from * culture* and wishes to lead your troops personally.

- He is my new champion find him some armour! *Generate new general of random ability and of foreign culture*
- The troops will never follow a foreigner! Promote someone from within. *Generate new general of same culture and religion*

The risk of picking this great foreign general over say an average local one could be that sometimes they are not that great and end up being an inbred misguided warrior or something similar.

Hm. This significantly shifts the balance away from "a few King-level vassals" to "multitudes of Duke-level vassals" in terms of imperial strategy.

Aye but dukes can still join lower crown authority factions etc. I'd still prefer to keep kings personally.

Changes that I do not particularly like:

- The Pope now receives even less war contribution score in Crusades
- The Imperial Reconquest CB now only works for the restored Roman Empire
- Diplo AI: Imprisoned vassals or below will always accept a demand for religious conversion, and go free from prison
- On player agreement, the game now sends information to the Paradox backend when you start a game, containing the names of the DLCs and Mods you run (can be toggled with "dont_track_data = [yes/no]" in settings.txt)

I will go in order.

I liked the Pope doing at least somewhat well in crusades, even sometimes winning land for themselves. In my most recent game the Pope took a fair chunk of the middle of France after declaring a crusade on it as the king was heretical. After this change I have a gut feeling that the pope might not have won that land which just saddens me because I find such situations more enjoyable than random countries taking the middle of france (most of the holdings there were turned into prince bishoprics!)

Imperial reconquest saddens me because how will the Byzantines ever take Rome or Italy now? (I am speaking about the AI)
I like to aid the byzantines in surviving, and when they do I try to help them along in becoming the roman empire again. (Though I have never got it to work so far). The byzantines should at least get CB for lower italy and Rome.

AI ALWAYS ACCEPTING conversion in jail IS VERY WRONG. I would find it good as long as the target character does not have the zealous trait, but IF THE JAILED CHARACTED HAS ZEALOUS THEY SHOULD NOT AUTOMATICALLY ACCEPT CONVERSION. It is simply not how it worked in real life. For instance during the crusades prisoners were often offered to either convert to Islam or be executed/enslaved. A fair amount did not convert, including nobles. The same happened to Muslims. I highly dislike this change for that reason.

The last thing I am fine with, but I am not sure what it means. Is this opt in or is it opt out? Are you trying to get this information to help you get ideas for dlcs? (lots of people are playing this mod, we should make a dlc that does stuff like it!)

Status
Not open for further replies.