• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Aye what happened tooo yr kilt and bagpipes laady?

:D

How do you think Coalitions and Infamy was added onto the game in the first place? Obviously they had a team meeting to discuss new mechanics, and as Doomdark was mentioning those two mechanics, in the meeting, Darkreknown stood proudly playing his bagpipes full strength, in a 20 square meter room.

So noone objected what Doomdark said, meaning it had to be implemented into the game.

Reactions:
We have also acted decisively on the issue of Infamy and Coalitions. Sparing no effort, we have renamed these features to Threat and Defensive Pacts, which we feel should resolve all known problems with them.

I lol'd at this passive aggressive paragraph :D

Reactions:
THANK YOU PARADOX. THANK YOU THANK YOU. This is why I still love you guys, you actually try to fix problems, instead of ignoring them like other companies, keep up the good work.

Reactions:
Hello all, welcome to another CK2 DD. First up, please note that I am NOT Doomdark, people confuse us sometimes. With that key point covered, let’s move onto the meat of this diary: The upcoming 2.5.2 patch! We have made several changes to some key areas that we’ve gotten a lot of feedback on recently, the most important of which is of course Seduction!

Characters who have someone trying to seduce them now have the option to let the seducer know they are not interested (based on things like their traits and their opinion of their spouse) which will block all further seduction attempts for some time, both by the original seducer and anyone else.

We have also acted decisively on the issue of Infamy and Coalitions. Sparing no effort, we have renamed these features to Threat and Defensive Pacts, which we feel should resolve all known problems with them.

Oh ok, that isn’t all we did. Coalitions received such an extensive rework that we felt a new name was required. Perhaps the most important change is that Defensive Pacts are now separated by religious groups, so for example if the Byzantines act in a Threatening fashion they might a face a Christian Pact in Europe and a Muslim Pact in the Middle East, and at first the two Pacts won’t care if one attacks the other and only defend members of their own Pact. At higher levels of Threat, however, Pacts of other religious groups will band together when any one of them is attacked. At the highest levels even your co-religionists may feel the need to join forces against you.

Threat also affects both the size of Realms which can join a Pact against you, and the how far away from you they can be. Finally, AI nations will never join a Defensive Pact against a Realm whom they have equal or greater troop strength than.

As the new name might suggest, Defensive Pacts are entirely defensive in nature, members of a Pact can never call each other into an offensive war against the target (unless they are allies, as normal). These changes, we hope, will bring the Feature Formally Known As Coalition more in line with its intended purpose of countering huge, rapid growth without feeling as unfair or arbitrary.

2.5.2 also contains some other improvements and some new content and features. The patch notes will reveal full details, but a few more highlights include:
  • Improvements to Shattered Retreats.
  • Increased Warscore from battles slightly in general and majorly against hosts.
  • Capped total possible Warscore from battles for Attackers at 75%
  • Raiders who are defeated in battle will not return to raid you for some time.
  • Added a Next Song button, and a setting to disable the context restrictions on music.
  • Added faction to force abdication of kings and emperors.
  • Added new events for skilled educators to give traits to their wards.

Great, it will make things better for people who want to play with coalitions.

I'm not one of them, which is why I will ask again, please, put that in the DLC, so I can ignore it without having to mess with mods.

Reactions:
Is there any change of getting more powerful CBs as a pay off for Threat? I don't think the Asturians declaring holy wars for two provinces and then getting huge amounts of threat is lore-friendly :D

Reactions:
Best response ever.

Awesome dev diary in general.

Reactions:
Will patch broke ironman saves?

As per usual, they should not break them. But loading a pre-patch save may have unexpected results on what's happening in your game.

Reactions:
Great, it will make things better for people who want to play with coalitions.

I'm not one of them, which is why I will ask again, please, put that in the DLC, so I can ignore it without having to mess with mods.

Not likely to happen so either deal with it, turn it off or mod it out. It's damned easy just use notepad++ and turn it off by changing a few tiny ass lines from 1 to zero.

Reactions:
How about Charlemagne, can he now conquer historically?
Well he only took one thing from each, he inherited all of francia, conquered italy from christians, conquered saxony from pagans, and conquered barcelona from muslims. So at the end of that he would have three diffrent coalitions against him but he'd have conquered what he did conquer (or did he take bavaria too).

Event-startred wars no longer give Threat, so he's got that going.
Quite why his wars are event wars to begin with I don't know. Ever thinking about going back to the charlamagne event chain and making it work better (for an example the bloody verdict of verden event seems to have nothing in common with what really happened, charlie get's to help a random ummayyad vassal break free which usually doesn't work that well)?

That said it's not needed, charlie takes on major thing from each religious group, after that he probably should have a defensive treaty against him.

Reactions:
As per usual, they should not break them. But loading a pre-patch save may have unexpected results on what's happening in your game.

So how does it work. Right now I play with the latest version. I end my game, save it. Next thet the patch comes out, Ioad my ironman save and it might cause funny effects or what?

Thanks for these changes. One suggestion: please consider adding a way to view what song is Currently playing. This would help me identify which are my favorite songs :)

Reactions: