• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Just got CK, and started a game as Duke of the Western Isles (version DVIP).

Is there any way to request that an ally participate in my war? I accepted an alliance with Tir Connail and I could really use his troops, but can't find an option for this.

Also, I have a great marshal, but he doesn't get to command my troops - I do. How can I make use of the marshal?

Just got CK, and started a game as Duke of the Western Isles (version DVIP).

Is there any way to request that an ally participate in my war? I accepted an alliance with Tir Connail and I could really use his troops, but can't find an option for this.

Also, I have a great marshal, but he doesn't get to command my troops - I do. How can I make use of the marshal?

No ... your allies cannot be called in ... they will join if they so wish.

Raise more troops ... .. if you only have one province, then the ruler will always lead your regiment, unless he is underaged or wounded .. in which case the Marshal will take over.

Thank you.

I have another question, regarding carrying out my duties as a good vassal (I managed to mess a war up and ended up vassalised by Connacht, not entirely sure how it happened). My liege sent me a message asking me to mobilise my regiment in his service, which I did. However, he didn't tell me where he was waging war, and I watched bemused as his ship zapped off before standing down my men. I then found that the size of regiment I could raise was considerably reduced. Did he just nick three-quarters of my men, or what, can anyone tell me?

Thank you.

I have another question, regarding carrying out my duties as a good vassal (I managed to mess a war up and ended up vassalised by Connacht, not entirely sure how it happened). My liege sent me a message asking me to mobilise my regiment in his service, which I did. However, he didn't tell me where he was waging war, and I watched bemused as his ship zapped off before standing down my men. I then found that the size of regiment I could raise was considerably reduced. Did he just nick three-quarters of my men, or what, can anyone tell me?

He probably disbanded it outside of his realm or at sea (which is something he shouldn't do).

What a sod. Odd though, because I disbanded the regiment myself.

I'm just waiting to die now, so my successor will rule both Dublin and the Western Isles. Then I'll start to get back at my tormentors <shakes mailed fist>

What a sod. Odd though, because I disbanded the regiment myself.

If you were able to disband the regiment yourself then it wasn't under the control of your AI-liege.

Possible reasons why your regiment became smaller are :
- Your province has a disease or some other trait that reduces its income
- You got a new steward, whose stewardship-level is much lower then the previous one
- Your liege increases his taxes (scutage), which lowers your income and therefor you troopsize.