• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

thirddecay

Recruit
17 Badges
Jun 2, 2022
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Cities in Motion
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Impire
  • Crusader Kings II
Short summary of your issue
game crashes on specific date

Game Version

What OS are you playing on?
Windows

What platform are you using?
Steam

What DLC do you have installed?
Royal Court,

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Have you tried verifying your game files (Steam only)?
Yes

How much "pain" is this causing you?

Please explain the issue you experienced in the most condensed way possible
playing a world conquest game. game now crashes on the exact same date on every load within the current iron man save. a few weeks after last autosave

Please explain how to reproduce the issue
simply pass a week of time. 17th day of the current month the game will crash

Is there anything else you think could help us identify/replicate the issue?
nothing, simply pass a week or so from the game save until the 17th

I have attached a save game
Yes

Upload Attachment
File(s) attached

Attachments

• Pace_867_01_01.ck3
    16,8 MB · Views: 0
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Hey there thirddecay!

The reason for this crash is that the save was made in the previous game version (1.5.1.1). As with every release, due to i.e. map and culture changes, loading previous saves will result in multitude of errors, CTDs included.

To revert to the previous game version, please go to Properties of the game on Steam -> Betas -> 1.5.1.1 As the game version in the save was already overwritten, to continue this playthrough, you need to access an older save that wasn't loaded in 1.6.0

Thanks for reaching out!

i am encountering this as well.. and did not start at another version either. brand new game.. play, and at some point it crashes.. goes back to reload from auto saves from a couple game months ago, let the time go, and when it reaches to the same date, it crashes again..

This error is occurring for me and there hasn't been a version change since game start. Last auto-save is on July 2, 1075; clock reaches July 7, 1075 and it crashes.

This is happening in my first Ironman run with all of the DLCs added. What a nice reward for being a loyal customer.

edit: never used mods, only ironman

Last edited:
Super annoying to deal with this on every game that I start. It does not matter what date I start, 867 or 1066, it keeps giving me a CTD about 20 years into the game. I have tried with mods and without mods, completely vanilla, and it seems to still do it. The game is unplayable because I do not want to invest time into a game for it to simply crash. It seems that this has been happening from my research for along time with no resolve.

Reactions: