• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Welcome to the forums @Norfolk_Chris!
You can change the capacity of depots by yourself.
On the main menu, go to Tools -> Rule editor.
Choose the vehicle type you want to edit it's depot (or you can do it to all of them at once).
Increase "Depot repair capacity", and save the ruleset.
When creating a new game, choose the ruleset you just created.

Hello,
1) maybe I searched bad, but could you please clarify to me what does the light blue + dark blue ticket price mean?
(I understand only cheap -> green + light green, expensive -> red + orange)

2) It would be perfect if I could click on some building and find exact people from where to where they are traveling (not the map, it is not exact)
In another game there is possible to click on some "Villa" for example and it showed me
work -> TRAMLine 4 + Metro line5 + BUS9
Leisure -> dont uses because of it is to long / too expensive
etc...

This would be perfect to be in game, because now for me is very hard to find out if customers uses the lines as I think (for example changes from BUS to Metro...) Only way I use now is that I click on somebody and follow him whole way and it is very bad solution.

Thank you :)

1) Green - Prices are cheap, you may chrge more without your reputation reduced.
Red\orange - Prices are too high, some passengers will not use your network because they can't afford it, your reputation is lowered.

2) Destinations can change all the time, so you can't see a fixed destination for a building. Every cim has a home and a workplace, but these things can change, the rest of his destinations (leisure\shopping) will also change every time he wants to go to a leisure place\shopping.

You can see where each social group lives, works, etc, and use that information to build your network. For example, find a neighborhood with a lot of blue collar workers and an industrial are with a lot of blue collar workplaces and connect them.

1. Constantly adjusting ticket prices is getting annoying. It would be much easier to lock the price to, let’s say, color so it would automatically adjust to the economy.

2. Utilization statistics of each line by the hour would help a lot. It could be average percentage occupancy of vehicles.

3. Detailed schedule for each stop would add to the game.

4. Also detailed statistics for each stop and/or line (how many and what kind people did it serve) would be helpful.

1. More buses, especially the popular ones you see in many European cities, like Man, Solaris, Mercedes and Volvo.

2. Random map generator which also generates a city.

3. Fix the issue with the citizens waiting for the bus when the next one arrives in an hour, this makes them unhappy, even though they logically should know that the bus would arrive once an hour (Should be added to the game)

4. Add some environmental options to the game, such as whether to buy regular diesel or biodiesel and both options would have advantages and disadvantages.

are car park usefull ? what is the consequence of having none ? does having some incite the cims to drop their car and take public transports ?
same questions for car park building ?

Gameplay

It's hard to build underground metro. You can't see it under the roads."
We are currently working on a fix for the underground mode. The roads need to be seen, but now they obscure too much, you are right.

Has that been worked on? It's extremely difficult, if not impossible to build metro under the avenues and that's how they are most often built in real life...

Has that been worked on? It's extremely difficult, if not impossible to build metro under the avenues and that's how they are most often built in real life...

I assume so. The development team is currently enjoying some well deserved summer holiday and the tempo is turned down a bit over there. They should be back soon with more energy however, ready to work their asses off improving on the game :)

I read trough some of this thread and wanted to ask about the upgrading of roads part. It would be nice to be able to change between roads of similar size to add bus lanes later on if needed. Also is there any news regarding changing the stops to more easily add stops in between? It's really a pain in the ass atm to change lines after road upgrades especially if there's a bus/tram/trolley stop on the road.

This is something so small, but ridiculous. There's no way to organize your lines in the transport menu bar. It's always just the order you created them. What if you want it in order of line number? I have a system of organization where the line number corresponds to the area in the world the line is, so the line number doesn't match up to creation order. This makes it almost impossible to find a specific line. There should be an option as to how you want to organize your lines in the menu.

Last edited:
My game is pausing when I use alt-tab. Is it possible to turn it off somehow? Happens only on fullscreen; if using windowed mode, all is good.

Last edited:
Go to Steam Library. Right-click Cities in Motion 2 and select Properties. Click the Set launch options -button (under the General-tab).
Write
Code:
-popupwindow
to the field.
Launch CiM2 and disable fullscreen in the settings (leave on your desired fullscreen resolution).
This will run the game in borderless window, which basically looks like fullscreen but acts like a window.

2) Destinations can change all the time, so you can't see a fixed destination for a building. Every cim has a home and a workplace, but these things can change, the rest of his destinations (leisure\shopping) will also change every time he wants to go to a leisure place\shopping.

You can see where each social group lives, works, etc, and use that information to build your network. For example, find a neighborhood with a lot of blue collar workers and an industrial are with a lot of blue collar workplaces and connect them.

Why do home and workplace constantly change? People move about 10 times in their lives. Why do CiMs move everyday? People work in the same place for years. Maybe college students change jobs every month adults do not. CO keeps telling us that to improve the already perfectly working pathfinding system will use way to much CPU. Maybe, just maybe if CiMs had a steady home and job they would not have to recalculate 20 times a day. I understand they want to go to a mall or the stadium for some leisure time and that changes. Home and job should not. That would alleviate a tremendous amount of pathfinding requests and make the game a LOT more playable, if you reduce pathfinding requests AND improve the pathfinding system.