• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Just curious, what calendar does this world use?
Seems very similar to ours.
The Ecumenean calendar is pretty much the same as Earth's Gregorian calendar. It has 12 months of 30-31 days like our usual one does. Of course, months aren't called January, February or else but they're still twelve. AD here is not our usual Anno Domini, but Arpitum Datum for Arpitans (≈Catholics) or Astharum Datum for Pragmaticists (≈Lutherans). Both mean the same, but reflect religious and ideological differences: Arpitus is the founder of Arpitanity, and Asthar is his bornplace. Both counting systems differ from ours by 70 years, making 2014 CE (Common Era) = 1944 AD (Arpitum Datum).

I'll write an article on Ecumenean counting conventions later. I'm such a sucker for lore. :)

Last edited:
The Ecumenean calendar is pretty much the same as Earth's Gregorian calendar. It has 12 months of 30-31 days like our usual one does. Of course, months aren't called January, February or else but they're still twelve. AD here is not our usual Anno Domini, but Arpitum Datum for Arpitans (≈Catholics) or Astharum Datum for Pragmaticists (≈Lutherans). Both mean the same, but reflect religious and ideological differences: Arpitus is the founder of Arpitanity, and Asthar is his bornplace. Both counting systems differ from ours by 70 years, making 2014 CE (Common Era) = 1944 AD (Arpitum Datum).

I'll write an article on Ecumenean counting conventions later. I'm such a sucker for lore. :)
Like the Code Geass calendar. ;) Interesting.

Considering the fact that in DH each mont has 30 days and there's 360 days in a year, I'd suggest that Cifrasian planet orbits its star slightly faster (and thus slightly closer) than the Earth, making its year last for exactly 360 24-hour days. (However, length of an hour and thus also the length of the year is open for finetuning.) ;)

EDIT: Here's a rough draft of the industry tree... I'll add more techs soon.

35mmrsg.png

Last edited:
Considering the fact that in DH each mont has 30 days and there's 360 days in a year, I'd suggest that Cifrasian planet orbits its star slightly faster (and thus slightly closer) than the Earth, making its year last for exactly 360 24-hour days. (However, length of an hour and thus also the length of the year is open for finetuning.) ;)
This makes perfect sense. <making a mental note>

EDIT: Here's a rough draft of the industry tree... I'll add more techs soon.

35mmrsg.png
Looks promising! War Economy and Total War can't be undone, can they?

For all: the duchy rejoiced upon the death of Darnihr II. Was his sacrifice not in vain? Read on in the fifth chapter on the history of Maximia here in my blog! Fire and brimstone* included for free**.

* no fine print here
** yes, no fine print at all

You'd probably say: oh no, it's impossible Vaximillian met his deadline for once and no way the next chapter arrived on time! Hey, now I can prove I am able to not miss the schedule! And by the way, here it is, feel free to read and don't hesitate to comment.

Looks promising! War Economy and Total War can't be undone, can they?

Their only effect is that they increase wartime IC use. Central Banking gives free money, while techs Market Regulation through Gearing for War increase peacetime IC use (which I intend to set to 0.75 as a basic value).

Erm, got too busy here with non-computer related things. Sorry for that. Anyway, chapter 7 of the Imperial history coverage is done and waiting in my blog.

Moreover, I finally got to actually edit the map. Here's what I have done by the moment:
rK3bkaO.jpg

As you can see, some provinces in Maximia got split or redrawn, a half of Arax got drawn from scratch, and all those provinces now really are named.
Oh, by the way, that half-done Arax is already more than 50 provinces. Dunno why anybody would be interested in that, but here's it nevertheless.

Things are pretty much in hiatus yet again. I haven't done much regarding the mapmaking, mostly theorizing and concepting.
Here's the extent of provincial division for the Empire and Arax (I started Gaurillea as well, but didn't progress much) (clickable):

And here's an internal division of the Union of Cifrian Republics with republics outlined and their flags displayed:
JjXuPQi.png

The republics will start autonomous but puppet under the federal government in Cifiere. Later they could secede via an event chain. Sextapel Republic will be most eager to leave becoming the CDR in process, probability of the other leaving is much lower.

I guess I will do more work on the mod in this new year... I hope I will.

Reactions:
I prefer „put on the back burner“ rather than „abandoned“.
I will get to it, eventually.

*tumbleweed goes through the mod*

But seriously, man, you've been doing this for like a few years now... hate to say it but I dunno, maybe you'll need some really strong bout of consistent diligence? I always find my mods hard to work on constantly, because it's hard to push yourself to work on something you've got no interest in. But I've learned you have to just force yourself down, even if it's one a day for half an hour and work, work, work damn you. Otherwise, well, it drags on and on for months and years and just never really ends up happening.

Well, this is pretty much dead indeed. I've almost no passion left for this. It's been a while.
I might get back to Cifrasia sometime and reanimate it… I'm not a gambling man. But if I was, I wouldn't bet on it happening anytime soon.

I haven't even played a campaign of DH since its release, haha. I sort of like what HoI4 is looking now but loads and loads of provinces trow me off. I never got into HoI3 because all that micromanagement and stuff. The upside is that Clausewitz map is much, much easier to edit, and that upside is huge.

Reactions:
I haven't even played a campaign of DH since its release, haha. I sort of like what HoI4 is looking now but loads and loads of provinces trow me off. I never got into HoI3 because all that micromanagement and stuff. The upside is that Clausewitz map is much, much easier to edit, and that upside is huge.
Clausewitz map is much, much easier to edit? Really?