• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Update.

Sorry I'm late with updates, but on the plus side I got my first angry mob!

Helmold - Only one.

Jambor - I'm taking in something like 3.26 every day. I also don't use it very much. I only have three or four infantry serials going at any one time. As for your update comment, it's why I don't post unless I have an update.

Nathan Madien
- I forgot to answer a previous question. The photo of the Hiryu is real along with the caption, except the date which I changed. (the real hiryu sank at the battle of midway.) I like Spike Lee, he's made some good movies.

Maj. von Mauser
- I actually saw both movies via pirated DVD's when I was in China. While "Letters from Iwo Jima" is definitely the better of the two, "Flags" works well. Though I haven't read the book so that may be part of your disappointment. In any case, it prompted me to have fun in this update.

The Hunter
- Woops! You're right. I was confusing it with the battle of Yalu River in 1894 when the Japanese destroyed the Beiyang fleet. Anyway, it's fixed.

Murmurandus - Indeed.

elbasto - I've kicked their ass on land but the navy remains potent.

Talquin - I would find it hard to write enthusiastically about destroying America. Also, why do you guys think that I have to choose between Russia and Germany, I can always do both.

arch3223
- welcome!

29年 10月 27日

The last remaining pockets of Japanese resistance had fought the Chinese to a stalemate. After destroying the north island more troops were ferried in to reinforce the final push.

1940-10-27-osaka-kagoshima.jpg

29年 10月 29日

The Chinese army had resigned itself to having to occupy the entirety of the home islands to attain a favorable peace. To that end, General Yu Jishi ordered his Pabing divisions to land in southern Hokkaido. The IJA had concentrated most of their troops on Kyushu and left Hokkaido with only poorly armed reservists.

1940-10-29-attack-sapporo.jpg

29年 11月 4日

As China's fortunes rose so too did the Allies fall. Bulgaria would join the Axis in exchange for promises of Greek and Turkish territory. Worse however was the news from Spain as the Germans had conclusively broken through Spanish lines.

1940-11-4-bulgaria-join.jpg

29年 11月 9日

The island would be declared secure quite quickly. Chinese soldiers were finding less and less of the dare to die attitude among the Japanese citizens as they became resigned to the fact of an eventual Chinese victory.

1940-11-9-ahikawa-arrive.jpg

Externally, the Japanese armed forces were putting on a brave face. They still had almost half of their army left and the IJN still dwarfed the Chinese fleet. Those numbers, though technically true, were misleading. Most of the remaining divisions in the IJA were one of two types. Poorly armed island garrisons, incapable of offensive action, stationed on small atolls throughout the Pacific or battle hardened regular soldiers stuck in the pockets on Hokkaido and Kyushu. The IJN hadn't fared quite as badly, but, of their remaining three battleships, only one was undamaged. The carriers had fared a little better, but they were suffering from a shortage of skilled pilots. The rest of the ships were either damaged or outdated and, much worse, a culture of defeatism had set in among the admiralty. The Japanese victory in the First Battle of Tsushima had caused the IJN to focus on winning a decisive battle of exactly the same kind for over 30 years. Japanese sailors and officers had been raised KNOWING that in a major fleet engagement the IJN would always be victorious. The loss of the Second Battle of Tsushima, at the very same place, with similar fleets on both sides, had shattered the myth of Japanese naval invincibility. This was the battle the IJN had been waiting decades for and they had lost it. In terms of ships, it was not a fatal injury to the IJN, but the morale blow was crippling.

1940-11-9-japan-in-trouble.jpg

29年 11月 11日

Spain was a lost cause for the Allies. A German panzer division had seized Madrid, and, despite being behind enemy lines, was unlikely to be dislodged. The question remained whether the British could hold Gibraltar as the Spanish seemed more and more impotent against the approaching grey tide.

1940-11-11-spain.jpg

29年 11月 13日

Research had finished on the new Mechanized divisions. The work had not been easy as almost every machine tool, part, and factory had to built entirely from scratch, but the hard work had paid off. The Republic of China Army would be the first army in the world to field all terrain mechanized infantry. They would also be first divisions to be equipped with dedicated anti tank rockets, a field where China was leading the world. The Hanyang arsenal would then focus on updating the Pabing divisions.

Stillwell had been tasked with redesigning the logistic system based on the American model. Of particular interest was how to maintain large forces overseas or in distant territory.

The Republic of China's armed forces were also undergoing an update. The experiments with new factory technology had caused bot the the army and the navy to have new modern factories that would be managed by private industrialists with the state being the majority shareholders. Response was enthusiastic but it would take time for most of the new factories to be retooled.

The Chinese were also updating their naval doctrines based on recent experience. While they had successfully fought the IJN to a stalemate, the IJN had hit back pretty hard. The ROCN was busy looking for ways to avoid putting their own ships in harms way, especially when it came to the IJN's remaining heavy hitters like the Yamato.

1940-11-13-infantry-tech.jpg

29年 11月 17日

During the Second Sino Japanese War, Xue Yue had led his forces to victory against the entrenched Japanese forces in Dalian. Bai Chongxi requested that he and the 100,000+ Fourth Bingtuan move from Manchuria to help liquidate the Japanese holdouts on the home islands. The threat from the Soviets was deemed minimal so his forces would move towards the Sea of Japan.

1940-11-17-help.jpg

29年 11月 26日

Violence erupted across the entire front line as 216,000 Chinese soldiers tried to dislodge 120,000 Japanese ones.

1940-11-26-attack-hiroshima.jpg

29年 11月 27日

1940-11-26-attack-hiroshima.jpg

The cold was bitter and the fighting was intense. The Japanese were well entrenched in the hills and were better prepared for the cold as they didn't have to advance in the open. Even so, the Emperor sent a telegram offering peace. It was hoped that he had seen reason, but it was merely a repeat of the previous peace offer that China had rejected.

1940-11-27-peace-deal.jpg

29年 11月 28日

The offensive had failed to achieve its objectives, merely resulting in huge casualties on both sides. For the Japanese, this was touted as a massive victory. Holding out was starting to look like a viable strategy.

1940-11-28-defeat.jpg

29年 12月 2日

It wasn't. The Chinese were able to resupply far quicker than the Japanese. The IJA had been sure that no new attacks would be forthcoming for at least a week and a half and were caught with their pants down when it arrived in only 4 days.

1940-12-2-hiroshima.jpg

29年 12月 4日

They would signal their retreat after two days of heavy fighting. They hoped to board transports and make the holdout on Kyushu truly impenetrable. The ROCN, though still quite damaged, was more than capable of sinking makeshift transports crewed by starving soldiers in icy weather. They would put to see to block the escape route.

1940-12-04-hiroshima-victor.jpg

29年 12月 7日

Half a world away, a young Chinese physics student was finishing up his Ph.D. thesis at the university of Minnesota. His focus was theoretical nuclear physics and he was apparently quite brilliant. The trouble came, when in addition to his thesis, he showed one of his professors a paper he'd been working on. It was the first paper in the world detailing a thorough theoretical background and simple approach for predicting of the critical size of U235 atomic bomb and Fermi chain fission reactor. The draft of the paper spent some time floating among academia, until it crossed the desk of someone who was involved with the still very small Manhattan project. Expecting nothing more than repetition from the paper, he was increasingly alarmed by how accurate the predictions of the paper were along with the novelty of its methodology. The State Department was immediately ordered to arrest the 26 year old student and detain him for questioning. Luckily, Chinese intelligence (The Bureau of Military Statistics) caught wind that the State Department wanted to detain a Chinese nuclear physicist. If their intentions were recruitment, China wanted him first and, if their intentions were more sinister, China wanted to know why.

He would be spirited to Canada during his school's Thanksgiving break and then across the country to Vancouver. There, he boarded a Thai Ship headed for Bangkok that would drop him off in Chinese owned Saigon.

1940-12-07-hoff-lu.jpg

29年 12月 8日

The Fourth Bingtuan was immediately relocated to Kyushu to help crush the pocket there. The weather was warmer here than in Hiroshima and Chinese troops would be more enthusiastic during the offensive.

1940-12-08-fukuoka.jpg

The ROCAF would find easy targets among the hills and both the weather and troop numbers were more favorable in the south than they had been in Hiroshima. Victory was quick.

1940-12-08-fukuoka-victory.jpg

29年 12月 13日

The Japanese High command was insisting on fighting on from their Pacific holdings. The Chinese had no interest in fighting there but they realized that they still needed to demonstrate that they could. Iwo Jima would be the first target. There 36,000 Chinese troops faced 10,000 Japanese conscripts.

1940-12-13-attack-iwo-jima.jpg

29年 12月 15日

It was shaping up to be an easy battle as the island's defenses had not been well prepared. Then the ROCN found out why when the real defenses showed up in the form of an IJN fleet.

1940-12-15-fleet-attacked.jpg

29年 12月 16日

The IJN was bombarding the fleet from carrier range as it had learned not to engage close in. The ROCN for its part was waiting for the go ahead to retreat from the commanders on the island. They would send the signal in a dramatic way by posting the flag on top of Mt. Suribachi.

iwo-jima.gif

The fleet was thankful and disengaged before the planes could sink any ships.

1940-12-16-fleet-flees.jpg

29年 12月 17日

The inability to protect Iwo Jima finally forced the Japanese to accept the Chinese peace terms.

1940-12-17-japanese-peace.jpg

In addition to the Ryukyu's and the southern half of Sakhalin, China would gain the naval bases on Truk and Enitiwok. The Japanese would be allowed to keep their army and navy, but the entire command structure would be firmly shifted to civilian control. The Japanese government was to be restructured along Chinese lines with the exception of the emperor who would remain head of the government ceremonially. Multiple political parties were encouraged with the exception of the old monarchists and militarists. The royal family, with the exception of the emperor, would be tried along with the leadership of the armed forces to assess responsibility for war crimes. Finally, Japanese forces were drawn into the East Asian Security council. The officially multinational and consisting of "equal" partners, the EASC really was controlled by China. Japan itself would, ironically enough, finally get it's wish for increased access to Chinese markets as trade restrictions were lifted.

All of China would rest easy as Japan was no longer a threat anymore and instead would resume it's rightful position as China's junior partner.

1940-12-17-peace-results.jpg

Peace... but will it last? Find out next time on AARight to be Hostile!

Last edited:
congrats on that.

this is a good read from some of the novels that people post. Don't think it would be to hard for a USA conquest. Read harry turtledove , Wouldn't bother me to invade canada but that is besides the point.

Though with how you are writing for china would show a joint invasion of russia and Germany and then releaseing provinces would ideologicaly make sence. releasing slaves from a empire they wise to not be a part of of.

my .02c anyways.

Question

that german-sino event that gives you an air tech team, is that in the newest China improvment project, or did you make it yourself?

Japan has been subdued. :)

I must agree with elbasto that the prospect of gettings lots of BPs is exciting! :D

You should have annexed them and then liberated them as puppet only owning the home islands. Then invade the soviets and liberate soviet-controlled asian territory. Then liberate India. And finally wage war across the pacific to control every island in it!!!

But I still like it. :D

Does that mean YOU control the Yamato now?

:cool:

Nice.

Good work. Looking forward towards the next steps...

very nice so far = )

got a question: why is Japan Leninist?!
(without copying ministers from Arma, the only got some LWR-ministers I think...)