• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
  • The weather looks no better than feature premiere weeks ago; snow looks like man milk.

Who actually spends enough time in terrain map overlay to notice? Bad snow isn't a problem in independent realms overlay.

All I can say is that a some of it isn't new.

Paradox doesn't take our database reports into account anymore, which is mainly why they never fix those old broken dynasties because they're not that noticable unless you play a specific family. + They don't delve that much into the history research to fill unlanded or seldom landed families, a group that have the most broken dynasties. Any amount of waiting wouldn't have fixed those problems.

Other than that, well it's not broken. It's a little bugged, that's all. (I'm not taking republics into account here).

You act like there's just one OS called "Linux" instead of a nightmare mishmash of god knows how many distros. CK2 probably works fine on some Linux boxes and not at all on others. Linux users should just get down on their knees and thank PDS that the game ever runs on Linux at all.

The current patch does not work on any version of Linux. Games like CK2 rarely break on a specific distro since they have very little integration with the desktop environment or with the system in general, and making the functions commonly used by games consistent is what Steam does. I have sometimes noticed that some games do not install on all distros, but if they do install they run the same everywhere.

i dont mind the retinue nerf. people always complain about this game becoming easy and as soon as it becomes a little bit more difficult, people go berserk, its actually hilarious

I agree that the patch(and DLC) seem to have been rushed. It seems that most of the time was spent bugfixing the new startdate, and not any time spent on seeing if the 869 start date worked fine too.

So far I have found a few major bugs in 867.

1: COA bug with Umayyad
2: Visegothic culture does not convert to andalusian, castillan etc.
3: Norse religon is gone, and replaced with Germanic in 869 start(Might be WAD, but kinda strange to have no Norse religion in 867 as Germanic =/= Norse in 867, which is like calling Christianity the Abrahamic faith).

1 and 3 might only be cosmetic bugs, but the 2. is really game breaking.

Last edited:
There are some bugs, but the weather thing is really not a problem and just your personal opinion who does not fit in here. The combat mechanics, is asking for too much, it is not a true issue as it has been like this since release. Releasing this DLC in november though wouldn't have been bad. One thing that I haven't noticed yet: are adventurers and rebel armies fixed? Is the Converter better now?

Last edited:
There are some bugs, but the weather thing is really not a problem and just your personal opinion who does not fit in here. The combat mechanics, is asking for too much, it is not a true issue as it has been like this since release. Releasing this DLC in november though wouldn't have been bad. One thing that I haven't noticed yet: are adventurers and rebel armies fixed? Is the Converter better now?

1. No, adventurers/rebels not fixed.

2. No, converter is even more messed up.

1. No, adventurers/rebels not fixed.

2. No, converter is even more messed up.
Should had been in the OP in that case as it is more general, problematic and concerning more people than two other points that you mentioned there (army and texture).

Do people think that the Crusader Kings II Dev team is hundreds of people who work without sleep on the game all day every day? Because I've got some bad news for you.

This is a pretty big fallacy. I understand they're not a huge developer with unlimited resources, but if they're going to charge £11 for this (not including the portrait DLC) then I fully expect to have an expansive and working product. If they can't deliver that, then the price should be lowered.

You can't just rush something sub-standard out, charge for it and then say 'well we don't have the resources to make it better so you can't be mad about it'.

I totall agree with OP.

I think CK2 got the shaft because of EU4's AoW release. At this point, I think it's safe to say that Charlemagne shouldn't have been announced as early as it was and that it needed another one to two weeks of dev time to iron things out. However, that would've meant that Charlemagne and AoW would have launched the same week.
In development time, one or two weeks isn't that long. It probably should've been delayed until after AoW came out if they didn't want them to compete. In the end, they're competing with each other anyways and AoW looks like the far-better DLC to me.
One way to avoid this is just sell all DLC as a beta. Could give 10% off.
It would need to be 50% off to justify it, I think. Technically, we're already paying for the beta since the DLC launched in a bug-ridden state.

It's funny seeing a created kingdom with a duchy COA that is christian symbols for pagans. Seriously. Making it by dynasty COA should of been obvious.
It's things like this that bug me. One of the coolest patch features is now half as cool because you can't create a custom COA. They initially announced this as a DLC feature, and then they told us otherwise the day before the DLC came out.

One of the coolest patch features is now half as cool because you can't create a custom COA. They initially announced this as a DLC feature, and then they told us otherwise the day before the DLC came out.

That was actually the only thing I was looking forward to in this DLC. They gave us the impression we would have complete cosmetic control over what we formed, and then it turns out all we can do is change the name (y'know, something we were already able to do with the existing Customization DLC)

That was actually the only thing I was looking forward to in this DLC. They gave us the impression we would have complete cosmetic control over what we formed, and then it turns out all we can do is change the name (y'know, something we were already able to do with the existing Customization DLC)
Bait and switch. They then apologized and said you could contact Steam for a refund, though.

In development time, one or two weeks isn't that long. It probably should've been delayed until after AoW came out if they didn't want them to compete. In the end, they're competing with each other anyways and AoW looks like the far-better DLC to me.

For the sake of a good rollout, one could argue that either Charlemagne should've been delayed by a month, or that both AoW and Charlemagne should've been pushed back by two weeks. While two weeks isn't a whole lot of dev time, it's something. My personal experience is that the major issues I run into tend to get patched/hotfixed out during the first two weeks or so after a Paradox release, so it just feels like the right amount of extra incubation.

Don't you remember the horrible revolt risk bug with RoI?

Ah, yes. That was the weakest and most ridiculous point in RoI release. After that I chose to wait until 2.1.5. before starting to play again.

Norse religon is gone, and replaced with Germanic in 869 start(Might be WAD, but kinda strange to have no Norse religion in 867 as Germanic =/= Norse in 867, which is like calling Christianity the Abrahamic faith).

I think that they should have Germanic pagan religion in Saxony and Norse pagan religion in Scandinavia. Germanic pagans should not have casus belli over seas. It is annoying to see that Saxony or a Saxon earl invades Norway. That happens very often. Then Karlings annex Saxony and they have already one province in Norway. Another solution would be that in when pagan kingdom is subjugated that all non-de jure vassals would become independent.

I think that they should have Germanic pagan religion in Saxony and Norse pagan religion in Scandinavia. Germanic pagans should not have casus belli over seas. It is annoying to see that Saxony or a Saxon earl invades Norway. That happens very often. Then Karlings annex Saxony and they have already one province in Norway. Another solution would be that in when pagan kingdom is subjugated that all non-de jure vassals would become independent.

Pretty sure this is the case already. When the Karlings attack Saxony it's often with a holy war or dejure claim which will only target a duchy within Saxony. If they took all of Saxony but Saxony had a province in Norway, it'd be independent and isolated.

I do agree that the religions should be separate though. Pagan religions need branches/heresies for more flavour - they could've easily just split Norse into a Germanic group with both religions in it.

I like the new balance changes and new mechanics. I'm even willing to forego the BLATANT bait and switch tactics regarding the custom Kingdom CoA's.

but...

its WAY past high time that Paradox FIX THEIR GOD DAMN GAME

The bugginess level was NOT like this pre-RoI, and it is frankly unacceptable that RoI went 6 months without being completely bugfixed. (3 months without even so much as an attempt to fix any bugs)

It's time for this iteration of the CKII dev team to get into gear and get this damn expansion fixed. If they don't have a hotfix tomorrow for at least the most blatant issues like Republics being broken, river travel being broken, and Viceroys being broken... well, I really have to write them off as extortionists who dont care about their fanbase or their product enough to make it work even remotely properly.

I will close by saying that it was completely obvious that Doomdark was a project lead who was far more interested in having a polished product that could bring pride to his dev team and joy to the customers. I havent even put in 1/20th of the hours in on CKII in the last 6 months than I did in the year and a half preceding it. Because frankly, the number of bugs, glitches, and errors is unacceptable.