• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
First: Make a proper mod out of it. Do NOT just edit the game files directly. (I know, I know, but I had to say it :))

Second: I think it's landed_titles.txt that you need to mod. Note that since you're just changing the title hierarchy, you've made your job _much_ easier.

Edit: Uhmm, also, you should probably ask in the modding forum, not main one, I think?

• 1Like
Reactions:
First: Make a proper mod out of it. Do NOT just edit the game files directly. (I know, I know, but I had to say it :))

Second: I think it's landed_titles.txt that you need to mod. Note that since you're just changing the title hierarchy, you've made your job _much_ easier.

Edit: Uhmm, also, you should probably ask in the modding forum, not main one, I think?
The potential that our friend here might be unaware questions regarding game files should go into modding exists. Still, you have been helpful, and at least now he knows.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Thanks for clearing things up.
I rushed to post and didnt check things twice.
Well, not even once to be honest xD

Meanwhile, I found the right ingame files and coded away...
Its working as intended. I just added a line of code with the date on top for each duchy, since Im changing the earliest possible start date.
Im keeping the base files unchanged in a separate location, but I would like to know the reasons why would I make a mod rather than doing it like I did?
I have no experiences with modding whatsoever.
Ill read your guide, but Im not sure I can make it work twice in a row.
Im really a terrible modder :confused:

Thanks for clearing things up.
I rushed to post and didnt check things twice.
Well, not even once to be honest xD

Meanwhile, I found the right ingame files and coded away...
Its working as intended. I just added a line of code with the date on top for each duchy, since Im changing the earliest possible start date.
Im keeping the base files unchanged in a separate location, but I would like to know the reasons why would I make a mod rather than doing it like I did?
I have no experiences with modding whatsoever.
Ill read your guide, but Im not sure I can make it work twice in a row.
Im really a terrible modder :confused:
You usually should try to mod changes because things could end up rather unexpectedly. I tried to change the Empire of Iran (e_persia)'s color on the map, and I ended up with this:
1633959491111.png

Iceland, becoming de jure Italian Empire for some reason. I still haven't figured out what went wrong.

But since it is a mod I could just turn it off. If I edited the game files directly and ended up with this I'd probably be in panic mode.

• 1Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Thats why Im keeping all of the original files in a secure location xD

If that should somehow fail to restore order, I can just reinstall the game, no?
Technically speaking there's nothing wrong, I used to manage files this way.

Until I accidentally lost the USB disk I stored the backup files on. fk.

• 1Like
Reactions: