• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So, we have the adventures of Odoacre Dagaricid to look forward to?

I hate to nitpick, ha ha, but 'Catrulda Gelimarid' sounds awful, like something from R:TW. The -id ending is more usually associated with the East.

At the very, very back of the feature list I know but how about -ing family names for Germanics, and so forth?

An enjoyable story. One should not let the greed of their leader become the determinant of building an empire, but instead build it slowly over time.

Indeed, expantion of nations seem to be early and frighteningly fast (and Macedonia AAR confirms that as well). I hope that would be counterbalanced by wide range of domestic policies... and other options.
Anyway, its likely that in later years countries will be larger, allowing more activity. The trailer appears to represent a lot of action :)

noddy102 said:
An enjoyable story. One should not let the greed of their leader become the determinant of building an empire, but instead build it slowly over time.
Yes, but all the other Galic tribes are already lost within a few years. Imagine what the AI will do with the barbarian tribes. Will they take it slowly?

Van Diemen said:
Yes, but all the other Galic tribes are already lost within a few years. Imagine what the AI will do with the barbarian tribes. Will they take it slowly?

Maybe some or all of those tribes will reappear after this short lived empire has fallen apart

Pro said:
Maybe some or all of those tribes will reappear after this short lived empire has fallen apart
I hope so.

The colony system looks a bit silly in Rome, but it has one advantage: it prevens too rapid spread of powerful empires in the north of Europe. Does anyone know how powerful some barbaric invasions can become? From what I have seen in the Macedonia AAR they can easily be controlled.

Furthermore will new countries (tribes) form inside the barbaric (uncolonized) provinces?

Yeah, I'm hoping that nations can form out of Barbarian realms and from hordes very easily!!

Wow, this game sounds... hard. :D

Great AAR indeed :)
kristoff said:
Yes, I'm a bit worried about EU:R going "Risk" way - big map with too few playable nations (and many weak ones) and vast areas of barbarian nowhere. In an eye blink 1 province minors get annexed and the race for grey mass of nothing starts.
Well, grey mass doesn't seem so weak. Hordes caused some problems for King and completely overruned Eburones kingdom. We should probably increase barbarians's numbers (hopefuly it's gonna be moddable) even further, than Rome will have serious problems expanding north.
Cortes_R said:
Indeed, expantion of nations seem to be early and frighteningly fast (and Macedonia AAR confirms that as well). I hope that would be counterbalanced by wide range of domestic policies... and other options.
King's Macedonia runned out of manpower, and it will take him a generation to recover. Altogether not a bad thing ;)

comagoosie said:
and yet king makes it look so easy :D

Well i suspect it is a bit easier to play a civilized nation than a barbarian tribe though :p

Keep the AARs coming, they take the top of the craving for playing this game.