• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Silimna

Recruit
3 Badges
Oct 17, 2010
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Darkest Hour
  • 500k Club
Hello,

I've been playing AoD since it was released in Feburary on my laptop (Windows 7 - 32bit) and the game has been running perfectly.

Yesterday, I downloaded the 1.05 Patch from Gamersgate, and after installing it, not only have all my saved games disappeared, but I am also no longer able to save current games.

I keep getting the following message, before the game crashes: "couldn't open file:Scenarios\save games\..."

I'm not quite sure, why this problem has popped up now, as the games was running perfectly in version 1.04.

Can anybody help?

Is there a quick fix, other then moving the whole games folder out of the "Program Files" directory?

Thanx!

Upvote 0
can't save

When I start a scenario, the victory conditions all say that there is no trigger, but the game seems to play ok until I try to save, in which case I get a message saying that it can't find the save folder. I tried changing the permissions using the little program in the game folder, but changing them to me or to administrator changed nothing, except that with administrator I don't get the error message and the game freezes until I press return but the game is not saved.

I got the game (1.05 version) from steam yesterday and I reinstalled it without any change. With the first download, checking the cach said there was a file missing and that it would be downloaded, but as far as I cold see it was not re-downloaded until I uninstalled and reinstalled.

I fixed the save game problem by creating a folder called "save game" in the "scenario" folder, but with the smaller scenarios I still get an error on the victory conditions screen at the start saying there are no triggers. This is true not only for the older Armageddon scenarios like Africa and Case Weiss, but with the new ones like the Israeli war. The big campaigns (at least the 1939 one) don't seem to have this problem (victory conditions are shown correctly).

Re: Can't save after upgrade

I have the same problem-after installing the latest patch, I can't save games and I get the message "couldn't open file:Scenarios\save games\..."

I checked the "Arsenal of Democracy" folder and there is a "save games" folder. What gives???

I've tried reinstalling the game but the result is always the same: the vanilla version saves games just fine (but who wants to play with all the other bugs?), but I can't save anything with patch 1.07.

Help!