• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Please do a full **clean** re-install:

- move any valued save games elsewhere
- "uninstall" in Steam-Imperator
- manually delete both the Steam/SteamApps/common/Imperator AND Documents/Paradox Interactive/Imperator folders - In particular you need to make sure there are no files or folders left under either the Steam Imperator or Documents Imperator locations, before installing again.
- re-install game in Steam, run a Steam Verify when done.
- add imperator.exe to the exceptions list of your antivirus app; ESPECIALLY if you have Windows Defender, add it to the Ransomware "Apps Allowed Through" list.
- start the game with no mods active and test with a new campaign, NOT any existing one.

Is that better?

According to the wiki:
Achievements can only be gained in single-player ironman games started in the grand-campaign. They can be earned while playing older versions of the game as long as the given achievement was present in that version.

It is not possible to gain achievements if the checksum has been changed - either by tampering with game files, using mods altering gameplay mechanics (graphical mods do not affect checksum), or if the game installation has been corrupted. NOTE that running the game in debug mode changes the checksum, rendering achievements impossible.
Do you believe you fulfil those conditions?

Are you in the beta to get the 2.0.4 updates? I see there have been a few; quite how achievements work with those I'm not sure.

I don't know then. What if you make a new Windows user on this computer and log in as that, and better?

If not try on any other computer you might have access to and test it there. The point is to see if tiit is a problem on your main installation or computer, or something more general.

For each test start a new unmodded campaign please.

Y'know, this is what would happen if you were still subscribed to mods, either in Steam or our mods website.

What are the version and MP checksum shown in the main game menu? The latter ought to be 05fd now.

And, how exactly are you determining that achievements are not working?

I can see others have that achievement. But I'm not familiar enough with this game to know if that's a difficult one, or if it is harder than it looks! It is even possible it is bugged in the slew of recent patches!

Can you test with anything else? And/or, try that one on any other computer you might have access to?

Okay then, we've been working on entirely the wrong problem all this time.

I can't tell if this is due to that particular achievement being bugged, or we're not doing something right in the attempt to earn it.

You could maybe make a thread in the main forum here and attach a save where you think you ought to have earned that achievement; hopefully the gameplay experts there can see why you didn't get it, OR confirm you should have, so it is bugged.