• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

unmerged(34330)

Sergeant
Sep 14, 2004
When I click on characters, and sort my military command, I have two guys with a rating of 10. When I click on an army to assign a commander, neither are there. Why is that? They're both over 25, so age shouldn't be a problem.
What are the other requirments to assing someone as a military commander?

If you're playing a monarchy or tribe, the person in question can not be a Governor, Tech Magistrate, a prisoner or already a general.

If you're playing a Republic, the above applies, and in addition the candidate must be a consul, former consul, proconsul, former censor, former civil tech magistrate, recent tech magistrate or former general.

When you select an army, hover your cursor over the part that says "No current leader." The resulting tooltip will tell you what requirements characters need to meet to be a general.

In EU games, tooltips are your friends.

Assuming you're Republic, ex Praetor (Civic Tech) and ex Potifex Maximus (Religious Tech) magistrates can become Censor. After Censor, they can lead armies. That's probably the easiest path to use.

ex praetor can lead armies without being appointed as a censor; ex pontifex maximus can lead armies only after he becomes former censor.

I finally found after clicking the portraits for a couple of hours that you have to click the body of the character's attributes (to the right of the portrait). Was going nuts thing something was broken. This should be in the Wiki.
ex praetor can lead armies without being appointed as a censor; ex pontifex maximus can lead armies only after he becomes former censor.

Please don't necro threads from 2009.

Status
Not open for further replies.