• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
I made waves with Finland, you should be able to beat down anything as Sweden. I wouldn't waste all that money on merchants early game though if you're not a free trader/owning the CoT. They will cost you loads of minted money for hardly any returns of investment money at this point.

And don't cheat. Grin and bear it. Sometimes you just get a bad run of luck and it makes it all that much sweeter when you pull through it.

It is a misconception that neighbourhood bonus is gained from adjacent provinces. It is actually gained from every nation in your tech group who has superior tech to you, up to a maximum of 100 ducats/month. Either they are already building rocketships in Ulm/Holland/Bar or your Sweden is really, really backwards. England is seldom the centre of technological advance.

And nothing at all to do with my home, but I'm amazed that AI Scotland is slapping Castille about and that England hasn't decided to step all over them.

If Scotland and England ever went to war though, Scotland would summon the highlanders and absolutely crush the English if you were to help hold them off for a while.