• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
But Iron Will only stops you from failing, it doesn't let you get the pass effect. Either we have the cards to pass it, without total overkill, or we don't take the check.

I know. And if the cards from the DD are revealed to be too high to pass without throwing a bunch of cards at the check, I use my Iron will, and we don't take a hit.

Or we could just go for passing it? G&I preferably, or I can chuck a couple of weaks at it, if Glasszon thinks that's worthwhile.

And Trust instincts is a card that I play. Iron will goes into the skill check, so I can play both.

I think you need to reread the skill cards on the first page. Both of those go into skill checks and trigger when they show up. So the DD can add them and trigger them as well. I seem to recall a game were the humans decided to throw a skill test, and the DD threw in a negative card and an iron will. Basically cost them the fail effect and an additional morale. I should see if I can find it, but I can't remember what game it was.

I think you need to reread the skill cards on the first page. Both of those go into skill checks and trigger when they show up. So the DD can add them and trigger them as well. I seem to recall a game were the humans decided to throw a skill test, and the DD threw in a negative card and an iron will. Basically cost them the fail effect and an additional morale. I should see if I can find it, but I can't remember what game it was.

Oh, I always read it as a card you play before, add 2 cards from DD to skill check and then those are your DD cards.

I see where the issue is now, though.

It was the game where randy and I won, humans threw a check, randy and I didn't add cards, and then some 1 strength card and iron will was in the check.

Was wrong about the -1 card, but it was close enough to be one :p

Ah yes. I remembered that it was a game I hosted, but I could not remember what one it was.

However, I did find this little gem in the first game I hosted as well.

+1 Jump Prep
Raiders Activate

2 Miss
8 Hit
8 Hit

Turn 3

The first game with Exodus, people pulled the civilian ships off the board ASAP, and the raiders decided to show why that might not be a good idea...

The first game with Exodus, people pulled the civilian ships off the board ASAP, and the raiders decided to show why that might not be a good idea...

Lol yeah. In the game I hosted, there were a couple times where the raiders got close to shooting at Galactica.

That's also why I don't mind stacking a few civvies in foxtrot/echo.

I was a cylon in that game, and it was my idea to begin with.
I thought it worked out fine :D

(ok, ok, back on topic .. :p)

I can do a little help, will be forced to discard with only 1 card left but wouldn't hurt me much.

Well, if we need contributions from multiple people, the question then is whether this check is worthwhile or not? If multiple people is contributing towards this check it becomes hard to coordinate on how much to put in and if there is sabotage it will be hard to detect who it is.

(Btw, we might want to make a decision soon since EL might start to get grumpy with the waiting :p)

I used 2 tac destroying the basestar, lost 1 lea to random discard. Playing a lea in this and then losing my last tac to my discard negative would kinda make it obvious what I have done. :p

Well, if we need contributions from multiple people, the question then is whether this check is worthwhile or not? If multiple people is contributing towards this check it becomes hard to coordinate on how much to put in and if there is sabotage it will be hard to detect who it is.

(Btw, we might want to make a decision soon since EL might start to get grumpy with the waiting :p)

I certainly would rather that someone make a decision, but there has been more on and off posting for most of the time, so I am willing to allow another day to talk. Otherwise, I am going to autoresolve this with the first option. Meaning that people will need to play cards.

TNT is the one who has to decide, and he has only posted once immediately after the crisis. We're kind of stuck talking about it until he gets back.

TNT is the one who has to decide, and he has only posted once immediately after the crisis. We're kind of stuck talking about it until he gets back.

Yea, I know and I do know that he is off everyone else, part of the reason I let it slide a lot longer then normal. I have a phone interview at 8 AM est tomorrow, (a little over 15 hours from this post), so if he has not chosen by then, I will be auto resolving him to choose the first option, meaning that everyone had better start preloading card plays.

Instead of playing it into the check and losing my other card also, preload playing DE on this check if needed and 0 cards otherwise

Sorry for the delay, my internet was down. I am now starting to catch up on events here and over at the WW thread.

Since the GM has decided to auto-resolve the crisis with option 1,

0 cards.

The raider activation afterwards will likely be more costly.