• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Originally posted by Kyran
yeah, thx for showing me, it appeared as a microsoft graph file.

LOL:D

Don't ask me about Thatcher. I've heard alot about her, but doesn't know a thing about her...

I think Thatcher should be like 8/9/9 or something. She was great on the military (Falk. Islands, cold war), and she wasn't a bad admin or diplo, either, from what I understand, she pushed through neccessary reforms in England's economy.

NOTE: i am not able to test the event from here so there might be errors in it

Code:
event = {

id = #####
	random = no
	country = GRA
	name = "The Poll Tax Riots"
	desc = "In 1987 the Tory government was re-elected with a promise to re-introduce poll tax, a taxation first levied by John of Gaunt. It had proved grossly unpopular amongst the peasantry in the 14th century and it proved equally so in the 20th. Mass demonstrations and rioting that had to be put down, culminating in the infamous 31st March 1990 protest in Trafalgar Square. Thatcher had constantly refused to get rid of the tax, but now that she was gone, what would the new Prime Minister decide?"
	style = 1
	date = { day = 1 month = march year = 1994 }
	offset = 30
	deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1995 }
	action_a ={
		name = "Abolish the tax"
		command = { type = domestic which = ARISTOCRACY value = -2 }
		command = { type = domestic which = SERFDOM value = -2 }
		command = { type = treasury value = -250 }
		command = { type = stability value = 1 }
		command = { type = sleepevent which = ###THE ONE BELOW### }
	}

action_b = {
		name = "Scale down the poll tax"			command = { type = domestic which = ARISTOCRACY value = +1 }
		command = { type = domestic which = SERFDOM value = +1 }
		command = { type = treasury value = -100 }
		command = { type = revoltrisk which = 24 value = 2 }
		command = { type = stability value = -1 }
		command = { type = sleepevent which = ###THE ONE BELOW### }
	}
	action_c = {
		name = "Leave the poll intact"
		command = { type = domestic which = ARISTOCRACY value = 1 }
		command = { type = domestic which = SERFDOM value = 1 }
		command = { type = revoltrisk which = 36 value = 6 }
		command = { type = naval value = 2000 }
		command = { type = trade value = 2000 }
		command = { type = stability value = -3 }
		command = { type = revoltrisk which = 60 value = 8 }
		command = { type = revolt which = -2 }
	}
}

Code:
event = {

id = #####
	random = no
	country = GRA
	name = "The Poll Tax Riots"
	desc = "In 1987 the Tory government was re-elected with a promise to re-introduce poll tax, a taxation first levied by John of Gaunt. It had proved grossly unpopular amongst the peasantry in the 14th century and it proved equally so in the 20th. Mass demonstrations and rioting that had to be put down, culminating in the infamous 31st March 1990 protest in Trafalgar Square. Thatcher had constantly refused to get rid of the tax, but now that she was gone, what would the new Prime Minister decide?"
	style = 1
	date = { day = 1 month = march year = 1991 }
	offset = 30
	deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1992 }
	action_a ={
		name = "Abolish the tax"
		command = { type = domestic which = ARISTOCRACY value = -2 }
		command = { type = domestic which = SERFDOM value = -2 }
		command = { type = treasury value = -250 }
		command = { type = stability value = 1 }
	}

action_b = {
		name = "Scale down the poll tax"			command = { type = domestic which = ARISTOCRACY value = +1 }
		command = { type = domestic which = SERFDOM value = +1 }
		command = { type = treasury value = -100 }
		command = { type = revoltrisk which = 24 value = 2 }
		command = { type = stability value = -1 }
	}
	action_c = {
		name = "Leave the poll intact"
		command = { type = domestic which = ARISTOCRACY value = 1 }
		command = { type = domestic which = SERFDOM value = 1 }
		command = { type = revoltrisk which = 36 value = 6 }
		command = { type = naval value = 2000 }
		command = { type = trade value = 2000 }
		command = { type = stability value = -3 }
		command = { type = revoltrisk which = 60 value = 8 }
		command = { type = revolt which = -2 }
	}
}

Originally posted by KwangTiger
I think Thatcher should be like 8/9/9 or something. She was great on the military (Falk. Islands, cold war), and she wasn't a bad admin or diplo, either, from what I understand, she pushed through neccessary reforms in England's economy.

Well, I think more a 2 for Admin would be better, she tried to economicaly ruin this county and unfortunatley managed to succeed... :(

Besides, it doesn't matter since Thatecher resigned in December 1990, before the scenario starts. The event is just a flavour.

She didn't economically ruin the country, if she did that, she would have been out on her ass soon enough.

She cut big government.

But this displays the fact that as we got to monarch files, there's inevitably going to be dispute between left and right....

Firstly, there is no way in hell that the Protestant majority/Orangemen/Ian Paisley (Big Ian especcially) would ever stand for a United Ireland. Dirty bombs going off in Dublin anyone? Moving on Thatcher was a great leader. (Oh...the controversy) :p

England Events: London 2005

I suppose the tragic bombings in London today should be included as an event for Great Britain. Event: Terrorist bombings in London Effetcs: -1000 infrastructure, stability -2, -200 ducats, +2 monarchs (leader's) miltiary skill for 24 months. The effects explained: the loss of infrastructure as the transport netowrk was targetted, stabilty loss due to panic, lost money as markets fall and tourism is discouraged and a bonus to military rating as Britain seeks to avenge the attacks. I don't even know if the MDS is still going if it is I hope this event makes the final version!