• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have done a Zimbabwe event, I will bring both the Ausie event and the Zimbabwe event here.

Code:
event = {
	id = xxxxxxxxxxxxx
	trigger = {Starvation in Zimbabwe}
	random = no
	country = ZIM
	name = "Oppression of the Whites in Zimbabwe"
	desc = "2002, Hunger runs rampant, yet the white people, who came and took this land hundreds of years ago, are living the good life.  Many people support the confiscation of their land, for food and for money."
	style = 5
	date = { day = 1 month = January year = 2002 }
	offset = 300
	deathdate =

action_a ={
		name = "Support Robert Mugabe's decision to confiscate the land of the whites, even if it angers the Europeans." 
                                command = {type= treasury value= 150}
		command = { type = population   which = x value = 1000} 
		command = { type = relation   which = ENG value = -50 }

command = { type = revolt which= xxx}
	action_b ={
		name = "Don't take the land, try to get past this problem without taking the land."
		command = { type = revoltrisk vaule= 5 }
	                command = { type = relation which = ENG  value = 100 }
                                command = { type = population   which = x value = -1000} 
                               	command = { type = provincetax   which = x value = 2 } 

}

...eire...

Ulster is made a revolter (if that helps). And ulster can be
a core province for both britain and Ireland (and Norway,
sweden, USA, yugoslavia, nepal, you name it)

Im not sure with Ireland for the simple reason on the 2 December
1999 the Irish government removed its territorial claim to
Northern Ireland from its constitution...so that means they dont
claim it as theirs anymore hence no core provence. But the other
countries seem fine :D ..except Norway :p

Edit: The people who want to see Ireland united are the terrorists, not the Irish + British peoples (inc Govt.'s).

There could be a event to give in to the terrorists and when Eire gain Ulster its then a core provence, but shouldnt be before then.

We can take away Ulster as a core province throught events. Thought Ireland should have the oppurtunity to say no to do that.

We can take away Ulster as a core province throught events. Thought Ireland should have the oppurtunity to say no to do that.

Yer, in Dec '99 in event they get a choice to pass the Good Friday Agreement, which in turn if is passed ireland lose the provence as core and hav better relations wiv UK, while if they say no (unlikely as it may be) then UK has a CB on them...but not vice versa.

Estonianzulu

In the zimbawe event action A should give 1-2 stability
Lower inovativitness by 2-3

There is also terrorists which want to stay Brittish. Why not just leave out united ireland totally due to them cancelling each other out (though still plenty of little events)

For Scotland maybe some event which you can make a vassal out of them though its a stupid option I'd say.

Originally posted by Josquius
There is also terrorists which want to stay Brittish. Why not just leave out united ireland totally due to them cancelling each other out (though still plenty of little events)

For Scotland maybe some event which you can make a vassal out of them though its a stupid option I'd say.

If northen ireland faces wars and change of owner i think there would be even more confilcts, trying to see if the new overlords are easier to beat.

For scottland i think making them a vassal around 2070 sounds ok

I concur.

Yea but in Gibraltar I don't think the Brits are looking for popular support, They're going to try at least joint sovergnty I think, and slowly start giving more control to the Spanish. Its been a thorn in the side of their relations for years. (Though lately that thorn's been coming out).

As for Scotland and the Falklands, there isn't any call for independence for say, New England and the Southern USA here in the USA...

Gibraltar is difficult, cos the people of Gibraltar want to stay British while the British Government want to make it joint soverignty wiv Spain. Scotland, their is a strong independance campaign, before you say anything Im not a Scot, im English born and bread! But there is a Scotish Independance campaign. And in the future it will be a big issue. I remember John Major in 1998/9 sed Scotland cud b independant by 2007, tho very unlikely. 2070 seems right to me.

Originally posted by Patric123(PDS)
no scotland will stay in the united kingdom. theres just no call for independance. same with wales and gibraltar and the falklands

do u watch home politics in scotland? the SNP....

Originally posted by Patric123(PDS)
but they havent rturned to terrorism yet. its like the basque issue in spain its unlikely to ever happen

Well everything doesnt have to break away through terrorism or freedom fighting. The British Government likes to give everything away, just look what they did with the Empire, more recently Hong Kong, and now Gibraltar (who both wanted/want to stay British). So I doubt the government would deny Scot's Independance if the whole people wanted it. Who would want 5,000,000 Scot's stormin over the border to the Capital :D :p

Anyway it should be an event, either allow vasselship, or where u can send in the troops to *help* the Scottish people think British ;)

Edit: that reminds me 'bout Hong Kong, is it an event to hand over the province, or can you defy the Chinese, and stand up for the people who want to stay British, same with Gibraltar later on.

Originally posted by KwangTiger
What I'm trying to say is if the USA is supposed to break up, and a United Europe is going to happen, then why the hell not Scotland and Wales break off? I'd say thats more likely then the other two happening...

Wales would never break off, too encoperated into England, its only recently it actually been called Wales. After it was taken it used to just be England, thats why there not represented on the Union Flag ;). But I agree with Scotland, thats more likely then the USA blowing up.

Edit: Oh yea dont think I have anything against the Scots haha, just their a mystery to us English folk ;)

I've been thinking of ideas though the best I came up with was a terrorist seizure and choice to pay ransom or send in SAS which I thought quite sucked and didn't work at all.

How can you do the falklands?
Is there an event thingy to make you declare war or something...

Up the top it says 2nd falklands war and that seems likely in this game where we want a lot of wars.

I was gonna do a little minor channel tunnel event today though couldn't be arsed. May be busy tomorrow so looks like Thursday