• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How did you do the mountains and trees on that map... that was amazing!

RGB - Where will you steal those castles from? :p Ayr is indeed the capital.

Enewald
- That would be York, Gwynedd and Northumberland.

loki100 - It looks like Ayr will surpass Edinburgh in size in this reality.

General_BT - Good to see you're at least lurking. ;)

Yes. I have divine map making skills. Look at my works ye mighty and despair. But seriously, there isn't much to it. Go to the West Europe Mod, there's an awesome blank map of France, Italy, British Isles and Spain that's much better for mapmaking than the vanilla one. You do the countries in paint, paint over the internal borders and save as a bmp. Open in photoshop, make the trees and mountains then linear burn with a paper texture. Here are links for LotR styled map details (Download link on the right.) and another brush pack. There isn't much to it really. If I could, I'm sure you'll be able to. ;) It's just that's it's very time consuming. This one map took me almost 2 hours.

Also, as always, I urge everyone to vote in the ACAs, now led by Mr. Capiatlist! And to make things tidier, I want everyone that wants to vote for me to vote in History Book.

Banner.png

The years following the fall of France were peacefull ones. As gold was imported from France, many great projects came into being. St. Pauls Cathedral was being constructed at a terryfying speed and many presumed the behemoth building would be completed within the kings lifetime. The last 20 years of the 12th century also brought the London Castle, or the Tower as it was commonly called because of its highest and most visible building, great expansion. The fortifications were so vast that the central part was stripped of its defensive qualities and changed into a full-blown palace for the royal family.

And the subject of the royal family brings us to the royal 'concubine'. Christina al-Qa'im, the woman Nero received as a gift from the Romans, managed to become more than a mere toy. Nero grew closer and closer to his lover. While not officialy married, Christina took the place on the kings left. All marriage offers were turned back as Nero was becoming sure of his choice for the Queen.

Christina.jpg

It seemed Christina al-Qa'im was more than everyone thought.

Those twenty years also brought the rise of the Knight Orders. Knights of the Temple, or Templars as they were commonly known, became a big force in both British and French affairs. In a short time they became wealthier than some of the eastern kingdoms. It wouldn't be possible however if it wasn't for Grandmaster de Payens, a man whose words the king held above many other. The Templars grew to be the biggest order, quickly surpassing their former masters, the 'Teutonic Knights', which were spending their time bickering in the Holy Roman Empire, and their counterparts, the Hospitaliers.

The Templar influence over the king became obvious when Anno Domini 1189, king Nero started to plan a campaign to take back the Levant. The task that was laid before him couldn't be compared to the thoroughly planned and masterfully done invasion of France.

Zwyk1y.jpg

The Fatimid Caliphate
Anno Domini 1189

The Fatimids were winning their war and it seemed the Greek Empire would have to give up Anatolia and be reduced to their european holdings. If it would indeed be so, the Fatimid Caliphate would have an open way into Europe putting Christendom itself at danger. However the european monarchs seemed to not realise the consequences fall of Greece would have. However, at this point it really looked like all hope was lost.

-------

Sorry for the overall poor quality of the update.
:(

Last edited:
Fatimids, not Seljuks? Crazy stuff.

You and BT have a sexy-picture competition going or something?

Enewald - Because the heathens are OVER 9000!

RGB
- Yep. Fatimids are the big bad boys. And it's the first time someone compared this to Rome AARisen so thank you. :D

Enewald
- Indeed! AARland needs more babes. :rofl:

Yeah. I think I'll have another mediocre update this weekend. Then I'll start making one that's actually good. :p I hate how I make a few bad updates after which I make a good one. Anyways, my D&D group has been restored so I've got less free time. So... Yeah. Just letting you know. ;)

Personally (an unbiased opinion ;)) I think your sexy picture beats mine. Lilo just looks tawdry. :rofl:

And I have to echo Enewald's :eek:. Fatimids? That far East? Sunni Islam must be roiling...

Silly Fatimids, always messing up the map :(

General_BT - Sunni Islam is a thing of the past. Now there is only one Islam. And you can't beat Penelope Cruz in sexiness. ;)

Kapt Torbjorn - Nah. They're better than thousands of counts without any proper overlod.

Jeez, look at the time fly by! I didn't even notice it was time for an update. D&D is eating lots of my time + I'm going to be a GM two weeks from now so I need to think up a world AND a campaign. Which sucks. Anyways, sorry but no update this weekend (The one that that ended yesterday that is.). I'll try to work on the update in between the world making.

Oh, and if anyone has free time on his hand and would like to help in a certain tedious task, tell me cause I could use the help. (Like any of you care. :p)

GM-ing is indeed hard work.

Just what are you trying to sucker people into doing for you, anwyay?

GM-ing is indeed hard work.

Just what are you trying to sucker people into doing for you, anwyay?

I need a map of Faerun. I don't even need all of Faerun. More like : North border - Icewind Dale, South border - Amn, West border - Moonshae islands, East border - Anauroch. The hard part is I need it blank. The even harder thing is I need it with all the roads and places marked, just without anything signed. The tedious task I have for any good doers is, helping me either find or make such a map (As in, finding a way for me to do it. I'm not going to ask any of you to do it for me.) .

Any ideas for Photoshop? I tried using the healing brush but it doesn't work well when there's a lot of things in one place.

Well, never mind. I got another sucker to do it for me.

Good, cause I was, Faerun, uhhhh?

Looking forward to the next chapter.

ATTENSHUN!

I have an announcement to make. Britannia is going for a vacation of around a week or two. I'm struggling to entertain my D&D players, I just become emperor in Imperium AARlandium Sacrum (Read it!) so that's another game I'll have to play, I'm starting to do more work for Realms of the Brave (Awesome mod for CK. Go see it!) and other things.

I just don't think I'll be giving my idea credit (Yeah. I think that highly of myself.) if I continue to do a half-arsed job. Not to mention the fact that after I got one new reader, a few of my old readers stopped commenting (Yes, I'm looking in the direction of a certain scott and a late german emperor.), so this will let them do whatever the hell they are doing and get back to reading my AAR.

It's not like you'll miss this, and it's not forever anyway. A week or two as I said.

Besides, this free time will give me the possibility of doing a certain thingie I was considering for some time now. It'll be a suprise. ;)

How can the German Emperor comment if he's deceased :rofl:

This AAR - highly appreciated by zombie royalty!

Don't worry a week or so is not long - Eärendil managed to disappear for a year and kept the readership for his Vicky Tibet AAR.

I'm going to guess but more pictures of Christina will probably help :D

I have an announcement to make. Britannia is going for a vacation of around a week or two. I'm struggling to entertain my D&D players

Have you tried introducing them to an entertaining role-playing game? :p

I'll eagerly await your triumphant return to this.

ATTENSHUN!

I have an announcement to make. Britannia is going for a vacation of around a week or two. I'm struggling to entertain my D&D players

Oh there's an easy way to cure those malcontents when they bug you. I present:

Also, be one of these little buggers. Then you'll be a real hero

BTW... Are there many tropers here?

Last edited: