• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Why do you need to sphere Denmark? They're not North German culture... Just take what you need from them in an easy war. You don't need to conquest, just liberate. They have like 5 brigades, they fold quick.

Why do you need to sphere Denmark? They're not North German culture... Just take what you need from them in an easy war. You don't need to conquest, just liberate. They have like 5 brigades, they fold quick.

because if you attack denmark and do not remove holstein from their sphere and add it to yours your stuck 5 years without being able to add it, plus it costs infamy. where instead you can sphere it and use infamy to take Bohemia from Austria or do any other similar thing. Denmark is easy to defeat but there is just little point in doing it when you can concentrate elsewhere and take the provinces when you are ready later.

Best way to get Schleswig-Holstein: Free them from Denmark and get it as NGF.
Best way to form NGF: ally UK and justify war for liberation of Schleswig, invest in Saxony and Wuttemburg till Austria discredit u, invest in Luxemburg till France discredit u, now you have two options - 1. Sphere Holstein so u dont fight them OR 2. Fight Holstein, and invest in anyone you like while waiting for the 7 month "discredit" to go away. You will be either 1} sphering Saxony and Luxemburg while fighting Denmark OR 2} justify war for releasing Holstein while sphering Saxony and Luxemburg. Either way, Denmark will be toasted by you when Victoria is crowned (1838 onwards). Sphere Hanover, form NGF before 1840 if Victoria gets crowned early.

It's more troubling to take Schleswig from Denmark in your sphere. The fewer the wars to form Germany, the better. (Unless you aim for Greater Germany)

The fewer the wars to form Germany, the better.
Quite right.

So why are you going to war with Denmark when you don't need to?

And especially, why are you eating up to 11 infamy to fight them before 1851, when you could be using that infamy to set yourself up for the Scramble?

Even potentially-7.5 infamy is too much to pay for those two provinces, when potentially-5 infamy gets me West Morocco, potentially-10 gets me Zulu, and waiting until 1850 lets me collect Schleswig infamy-free (if Scandinavia has formed) or for exactly 1 infamy (if Denmark is still in my sphere).

Even potentially-7.5 infamy is too much to pay for those two provinces, when potentially-5 infamy gets me West Morocco, potentially-10 gets me Zulu, and waiting until 1850 lets me collect Schleswig infamy-free (if Scandinavia has formed) or for exactly 1 infamy (if Denmark is still in my sphere).

o yea ops its 7.5 instead of 3 lol you could just keep reloading till you got 100% war justification with 0 infamy haha:p

Quite right.

So why are you going to war with Denmark when you don't need to?

And especially, why are you eating up to 11 infamy to fight them before 1851, when you could be using that infamy to set yourself up for the Scramble?

You mean the scramble for Mexico and South America right :)

And now, one more thing. I've gained S-H and created the NGF (with Luxembourg).

I know the next step is to go to war with Austria, to gain Baden, Bavaria, and Wurrtemburg. This is the Brothers War (or some such title).

The next step is the War of Unification against France to gain Alsace-Lorraine.

Is Nationalism&Imperialism required to get these low-Infamy wars? I've tried a few different things and I can't seem to get the low-Infamy trigger. All I've been able to get are regular CBs.

It isn't 1850 yet so it'll be a few years but I don't really mind too much if N&I is what I need.

And, as always, thanks!

And now, one more thing. I've gained S-H and created the NGF (with Luxembourg).

I know the next step is to go to war with Austria, to gain Baden, Bavaria, and Wurrtemburg. This is the Brothers War (or some such title).

The next step is the War of Unification against France to gain Alsace-Lorraine.

Is Nationalism&Imperialism required to get these low-Infamy wars? I've tried a few different things and I can't seem to get the low-Infamy trigger. All I've been able to get are regular CBs.

It isn't 1850 yet so it'll be a few years but I don't really mind too much if N&I is what I need.

And, as always, thanks!

As of HoD, yes, you need N&I for core CBs.

You can easily compete Austria out of the South German nations, and then just justify against France (what else are you going to use your infamy for?).

If you play your cards right you can pretty much mess up France pretty good with little trouble.

The fastest I was able to get Germany formed was '46, because with the way the AI fights you regarding spheres is super annoying and obnoxious.

Just keep Denmark in your sphere.

When you form Germany, you have cores on the Danish Holstein, but you don't actually inherit them.

I got Holstein first. My Infamy is low but I want to grab Greater Germany as quickly as possible. Therefore I want to keep Infamy gained during the regular Germany Unification as low as possible.

Oh well, no big deal, I'm only 2 years away. I'll just use this time to expand my industrial base.

Thanks!