• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

chiefoverlord

Sergeant
4 Badges
Jun 16, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Magicka
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
There should be a 'become the Anti-Christ' option, which requires like -1000 piety or something stupid. Upon becoming the Anti-Christ, as a Catholic, you no longer need cassus belli to declare war on other Christians. You'd get like -2 Piety a month, and every other Catholic nation would have a 'conquer the anti-christ' cassus belli on your territories. Fun or lame?

Play Magyars. Reform Tengri. Conquer Europe.

Except not only are Hitler and Napoleon people who existed centuries after the end date of this game... they also worked to justify their wars and claims. Very, very few wars in history have been started in pure aggression, without anything to back them up or justify them in any sense.

Yeah, they all had CBs.
Hitler, when invading Poland, said he wanted Danzig. Napoleon invaded several countries for a number of reasons.

Yeah, they all had CBs.
Hitler, when invading Poland, said he wanted Danzig. Napoleon invaded several countries for a number of reasons.

I don't know that much about Napoleon, but Hitler always had one reason or another. Whether it was claiming old lands, unifying the German people, even when he invaded Russia, he wrote a long paper on how USSR was amassing troops in preparation for an attack. It even turned out later that the USSR really was planning on attacking Germany, although I'm not sure if Hitler actually knew that or his excuse just coincided with truth.

people talking about how hitler had claims... get the hell out of here? yep, just gonna walk in and take france. mine, because... um, yeah. because. also russia is mine because living space.

totally legit CBs

people talking about how hitler had claims... get the hell out of here? yep, just gonna walk in and take france. mine, because... um, yeah. because. also russia is mine because living space.

totally legit CBs

Actually the first demand of Germany at that time was to reverse the treaty of Versailles in which the german empire lost several provinces after WW1. Among them Elsaß-Lothringen with a large part of the population speaking german which was annexed by France
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:German_losses_after_WWI.svg
- and which contradicted in part the 14 points of Wilson who demanded that people should decide for themselves in which state they want to live and to prevent minorities of other nations in different states.

However anything about WW1 or 2 is clearly off-topic in a forum about CK II.

Last edited:

totally legit CBs

France declared war on Germany, not vice versa, and I already covered Russia. It was a pre-emptive strike, and one on which it turned out he was correct. Although I do think that even if the USSR was not planning on attacking Germany, Hitler would have still attacked, but he would of at least come up with a reason, there is always a CB, whether legit or not.

while an cb should still be needed to START an war, i do think it'd be good that you'd be able to get more than just the cb, i.e. jeruzalem holy war for sinai could also grab some provinces in arabia or the scottish claim on cumberland also taking northumberland ect. which is an thing that certainly happened, taking more than just the CB in an war.

while an cb should still be needed to START an war, i do think it'd be good that you'd be able to get more than just the cb, i.e. jeruzalem holy war for sinai could also grab some provinces in arabia or the scottish claim on cumberland also taking northumberland ect. which is an thing that certainly happened, taking more than just the CB in an war.
Play Muslims or Pagans, then :)

I don't know that much about Napoleon, but Hitler always had one reason or another. Whether it was claiming old lands, unifying the German people, even when he invaded Russia, he wrote a long paper on how USSR was amassing troops in preparation for an attack. It even turned out later that the USSR really was planning on attacking Germany, although I'm not sure if Hitler actually knew that or his excuse just coincided with truth.
My understanding is that the USSR wasn't actually planning to attack Germany. What it was doing was establishing new fortified lines to protect the territory it had conquered as a result of the Nazi-Soviet pact. However, it hadn't finished doing so before Barbarossa started, and the old lines of defence had been partially dismantled and weren't properly manned.

anyway point is christian kings wouldn't get in a huge war then at the end say 'oh we started it over a single county so that's my only reward' (even though they just crippled the other party)

I'm a proponent of a system similar to EUIV.

The player shouldn't be restricted, but he should be punished for not playing in the spirit of the game. Unjustified war? Enjoy your excommunication.

anyway point is christian kings wouldn't get in a huge war then at the end say 'oh we started it over a single county so that's my only reward' (even though they just crippled the other party)
You'd have a hard time justifying your lack of claims to the other territories you tried to take, resulting in massive opinion penalties and likely rebellions.

Anyway, the proper way to look at this is probably that it's a video game, not a hyperrealistic Christian King Simulator. Were the goal to accurately model medieval life, a lot more would be out of your hands.