• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ernst's wound had healed completely and he could walk through the palace garden again. Here his most trusted follower Wilhelm Borgmänne spoke to him.

"My king, we really need a strong alliance and since the Hungarian alliance hates us, unfortunately.
We should try to get into the Hessen alliance. Offer them a royal marriage and then join their alliance. Germans help eachother out sire. Those filthy Polish and Bohemian traitors will learn not to defy us."

Ernst had listened tio his friend with open mouth. He had never heard Wilhelm speak like this. Wilhelm used to be a calm man with good arguements, but now he sounded like a madman filled with revenge. Although he had a point, Ernst thought. We really need an alliance. With a simple "It shall be done." he left the garden and went to rest in his room.

On this rainy morning, Ernst had a lot on his mind, his land was short on ducats and were loosing them fast. Even with everything to the treasury he lost 8 ducats a month. He did not get enough tax income because of his taken city's in his kingdom. Well, nothing I can do about it, he thought. Let's juts take a loan and see if we will ever get some money back.

With tha city of Baden taken Regensburg could concentrate his troops on Nuernberg and Wuerttemberg. It would only be a matter of time before money woulf flow in the Bavarian treasury.

It is the year of our Lord, 1428 (sorry I don't keep you informed about the time but you said you just wanted blood and screenies:D ) and Ernst was in a very strange mood today. His troops had succeeded to seize the two city's under Baden control but was orced to take another loan. He Loaned Baden some money of hios own to receive some interest on that but this was not looking good. He did not know what to do, annex Baden riiight away with the ducats of the loan gone. Annex Baden when he would get the loan back. Or just make peace for a small 340 ducats.

*this is a serious question, what do I have to do?*

Judas, you noticed I changed my name a bit and fitted me into the story? smart guy:D and I do think the Bohemians are traitors. They dishonor my alliance and don't want a new alliance with me. I'll teach them a lesson. Maybe when Ernst is dead or something, when does he die anyway. I don't know if i shoiuld cal him an old man or a young king:confused: :eek:

1430 is a very good year indeed. Bavaria is once again making profit after disbanding 5000 infanterists. After settling an issue with Tuscany stability is back up to 3 and we have the money to pay back 1 loan! in our treasury we have 274 ducats and more are to come from Baden, which the good king as not found a generous peace offer for. Also The king married his daughter Inaas to an Austrian prince. Austria was getting very scary after cancelling the military acces. Also the king made his people a bit more free. And even though there would not go any ducats into research that would come. First Ernst had to concentrate on his loans.

On a windy morning when Ernst was still sleeping a herald from Regensburg's army came in. Regensburg had died of old age and left command in the hands of a younger officer. His name was not in the letter but he did not care. He was sad he lost one of his true friends and would make sure Regensburg would have a memorable funeral.

Originally posted by NotALlama
Judas, you noticed I changed my name a bit and fitted me into the story? smart guy:D

Ah, no, I hadn't noticed anything like that until you said that.

And I say take the money and leave Baden alive. Of course, I would say that, wouldn't I? ;)

This is good. I wouldnt have loaned money to Baden though. How much was it? I'd leave them alive and take their money. Dont vassalize them if you intend to start another war to annex them. You dont really have to worry about creating a buffer against the French yet, I dunno what you should do, you have quite a few options though, try to keep them open. Be carefull about Austria, they can be deadly later on, maybe ally the Venetians and fight them. Keep up the good work, I'll be reading this with interest. I have 2 AARs of my own (links in my sig) and I can tell you but one more thing. Be mindful of the future, for the present is not so long as you think.

Well phalanx, I loaned them 63 ducats.
And Austriaalone isn't really that scary. It's just the alliance of Hungary, Croatia and Poland with them while I only ave Wurzburg, Hessen, The Palatinat, Mainz, Muenster and Saxony.
But they won't declare war though, I offered them a royal mariage and the AI won't break that fast. But maybe I should get better realtions with my alliance. I've got diplomats to spare.;)
I'll play on tomorrow or something. He you guys have msn btw? seems fun to play you sometimes:)

Do you have marriages to them all? The ai almost always helps another ai nation when it starts a war, no matter if they have royal marriages. And Austria will grow, it will inherit Hungary, it will gain allies, Austria in my games always leads the world in diplomatic score. Until i figure out why i cant download 1.06 and how to correct it, my mp career is going slower than al gores political career.

you know. when i rode home from school something accured to me. it was very good actually. i told you al the bohemian traitors dishonored my alliance togheter with poland and lithuania.
because of the protestant thingy event the polish joined the hungarian alliance. the only country that liked bohemia. so, bohemia remains allianceless for a long long time:) (hint: declare war:p )

Ernst looked into the book of finances of Bavaria, when he saw that Bavaria once again made losses. Not that it mattered after the peace offer from Baden: 381 ducats. Ernst smiled, now he could try and get some vassals to diplo-annex later. And ofcourse, since Wurzburg wa next door he started there. With 2 state gifts and 2 personal gifts he mde the king of Wurzburg one of his best friends. (the power of money) Too bad was that they weren't close enough friends to propose such an offer and the money still left was needed for the 2 loans. But Ernst didn't worry. Already he granted money to his researchers and after he repayed the first loan and Baden gave back the 68 ducats money was bound to flow.

Ernst was more worried about the future, now that Brandenburg had conquered half Bohemia (while haveing lost a province to Pommern) there weren't any interesting conquests there, except for that one province which he forgot the name of.
After he had made Wurzburg his vassals he would declare war on someone. Just one more annexation before his demise.
Or maybe more if possible.

1432, a great year. Wha do I say? An exceptional year. Witj a hundred ducats extra and inflation -5 it was one of the best years Bavaria had had in a long time. Also Baden repayed the lone (after their government had fallen due to rebel scum that showed up when Baden was under Bavarian rule)and we repayed one of ours.

March 1433:

Now once again, Ernst was in his room, discussing tactics with Wilhelm. And after seeing hardly anybody to attack they decided to declare war on the Bohemian scum, to teach them a lesson and expand their borders. Just so they could attack more countries in the future. In April the declaration of war was sent to the Bohemian kingdom. Ernst ofcourse had called for his allies to help. trusting their troops could do the trick but... THE FILTHY SCUM DISHONORED! Ernst was real mad now, Bavaria had never had an ally it could trust and was unlikely ever to find one.
Ow wait, Ernst missed a messenger. Great, the Wurzburgers had not dishonored the alliance. The trusty vassals would fight anyone for Bavaria, if it accidentally was the case they got troops...

In June Ernst looked quite happy, until the moment he found out he wasn't even the alliance leader. He did not think Wurzburg would invite anyone. This was not good, the annexation would have to come soon.

Aah, good. Ernst looked into the book of finances again, seeing that he had no more loans. Great, he told himself and looked confidentally once more as he heard that his new commander had not failed him and crushed the Bohemian troops in Sudeten.
He was a little scared when he heard 7000 fresh Bohemians were coming for his troops but it did not matter, his troops were defending on a mountain and had a higher morale. He prayed to God to not let him down on this one.

Oef, the Bavarian troops won the first battle but had such bad morale after the fight they were defeated the next, how could this happen? Now it was November and a Helvetian herald entered the castle. Asking where the king was. The herald brought bad news, a declaration of war by Helvetia, and it brought it's allies. Well no matter, Wurzburg had defeaten Bohemia already and togheter with the new Bavarian troops which had just received a generous reinforcement of 5000 infanterists from their king. The Wurzburgers could take Sudeten, (rather not but I have no choice) while the Bavarians layed siege on Bohemia and Moravia, the leftovers from what once was great Bohemia.

Aaah good, everything is going as planned, except for one thing. That stupid minister of finances had not written a third loan in the book of finances which would unexpectedly have to be payed back. But Ernst was no fool. He took another loan and payed the third loan with it. "No extra interest for me."

Wurzburg had take Sudeten and the Bavarian troops Bohemia and Moravia. Now it was time to deal with the Swiss. As our cavalry army ran into the Swiss defence a day too late to save Wuerttemberg, being followed by the infanterists who were almost all slaughtered. The battle was lost but due to unexpected stupidness of the Helvetians the remainder of Bavarian infanterists was killed as well as ALL the Swiss. The Helvetians charged right into the Bavarian all cavalry army to be slaughtered again and again. Once Wuerttembergwas taken, the Helvetians would pay dearly.

HA! Ernst shouted as he got the latest letter from the front. This was the best news he had in months! With Wuerttemberg back under his control and the Swiss finished noting could stand in the glorious victory of the Bavarians. And in the letter something very good was written:

My King, I bring you news from the siege of Zuerich.
There are no more Helvetian troops left and their Burgundian conquest Franche Comte has revolted, taken the city and marched on to Bern where they are now laying siege on.
When the rebels take Bern and we take Zuerich their government will fall and we will have Zuerich at no cost at all. Also Franche Comte will defect to Burgundy or France and Helvetia will only have one province; They cannot do us anything anymore.

As the king was practically dancing through the corridoors of his palace, complimenting everyone he saw (including the pissboy) on whatever he could think of. A glorious day it was. And soon they would have another province.

It is the year of our Lord 1439, July 10th.
The last year has been a tragedy.
Wurzburg had finally succeeded in getting us a new alliance partner who joined in the war against Helvetia.
Then we had another exceptional year.
Not too tragedic for you?? Watch this:
Badem declared war upon us begin 1439, Baden has an alliance with, you can guess. Austria, Hungary Bohemia and Croatia.
Croatia have besieged all of my provinces.
And then July 3rd, A Baden assasin murdered our great king Ernst.
Our new king is called Albrecht II and is only worse in administrative skills. 4-3-3 dots.But, as Bavaria always did, it will survive.

"Peace with Baden is the most importartant thing to concentrate on my lord." Wilhelm said. "We cannot defeat Austria, Baden, HUngary and Croatia while the Mainz traitors have dishonored our alliance. We must have peace with them, either willingly or not."
Albrecht looked at his servant, he had never seen a servant who could talk to a king like this, but the man intrigued him. He sounded wise and learned. "Wilhelm, you are syaing we should finish the siege in Bern and then invade Baden. Then when we have taken that city, weee sue them for peace, money ofcourse and so we will have won another war on our clean sheet, thanks to the late king Ernst."
"Indeed my lord, I think that if we take Bern, we will also have peace with Helvetia due to the falling of the government. When we have Baden, we will have at least 5 years of peace with Hungary and Austria. That will give us enough time to build more troops and maybe even annex Wurzburg."
"Then it shall be so!" The king ended the conversation by bowing to his servant in deep respect of the man's world knowledge and walked away. Wilhelm bowed back and did the same, he had to write a speech the king could read to the people.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why me!!!!
I'm not used to the new peace system and now I'm practically dead! When Croatia had conquered Ansbach (And I didn't have the troops to besiege Baden) Baden asked for 175 ductas for peace. Well, I'm greedy so I get rid of all the money I have left and then except the offer, but suddenly I really pay 175! another loan!:eek: And now Poland declared war on me but I got rid of them for a mere 20 ducats.

On with the story?

Wilhelm was staring out of his window, Albrecht was as stupid as a pig's end. He builds fortressses in the middle of a war and when all the ducats are gone he takes a loan and gives Baden 175 ducats. What an idiot! Wilhelm threw a vase out the window which landed on a dog's head who remaind still after the hit (4 leg's up) Well, Wilhelm had to take control of the situation now.
He had a plan, full of risks and treachery but there was no other way to save his beautiful homeland. The land of beer: Bavaria.
After the Polish war treasury was down to a mere 27 ducats and Wilhelm didn't want Albrecht to take a ducat more out of it.
The plan: Wilhelm would sneak up on the king as he slepped, then hit him on the head with chandler and throw him out the window, making it seem like an accident. It was risky, but the only way. Then WIlhelm would take control until a new king was found and would lead Bavaria to victory.
Ernst had been a good king, conquering Wuertemberg, Moravia and Schweiz (giving Wurzburg a share of the glory named Sudeten) but Albrecht wasn't worth living. And so WIlhelm sneaked up on Albrecht that night...

Wilhelm came to the guard with tha chandler hidden under his clothes, calling: "Let me pass Walter, I need to speak the king."
Ofcourse Walter obeyed and Wilhelm went in the kings room.
He opened the window and let down some sheets so he could climb up the window from outside.
He went out of the room again, wished Walter a good night and went outside. Climbing up to the window wasn't easy but Wilhelm was a strong man, though in his forties he was as athletic as a 20 year old. In the kings room he smahed the king on the head with the chandler. Then he threw the king out off the window and climbed after him, He wrapped the sheets and buried them, hoping he could burn them later. Then he retired to bed.

Then next morning a lot of people were in the garden, all trying to catch a glimps of the dead body that was Albrecht. Wilhelm ofcourse was somewhere in the front to see what could have happened. He speculated (to the people) that it could have been the bad news he brought the king the night before and that the king commited suicide. Or it could have been an accident, the king tripped and fell through the window. Landed on his head and was dead. Whatever the case, Wilhelm was the replacement king until a new kig was crowned.

Let this be a lesson to you. Never mess with Baden. ;) :D

EDIT: Poland seems to be fairly corrupt. They leave you alone for the smallest amounts of money! Kind of helpful when you are fighting Poland, Hungary, Lithuania, and the Teutonic order as, say, Bohemia.