• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
For the next game, I would favor FTG Fantasia I think.

Cool. Fantasia would need a little bit of work, though. As it is, monarchs are random but not equal, and there's only 6 countries in all of Europe/Africa, so I would need to rejigger the starting locations so the China, India, and Navajo players aren't just playing SP for the first 100 years.

Anything at the original time or later would work for me, but only on weekends.

p46MAGz.png

This is from an SP game I just started in Fantasia. :laugh:

edit: discovered a bit more, Europe is full of gold mines in this eco generation, pretty funny.

Last edited:
Incidentally, can someone at least make final stats with a screenshot? I'm curious as to the exact losses etc.

What the hell does that mean, "especially if HG is joining"?

In the past, it's seemed that your entrance into my games increases the workload as GM by about 2-3 times. That's all...

Last edited:
In the past, it's seemed that your entrance into my games increases the workload as GM by about 2-3 times. That's all...

"In the past, it has seemed that the entrance of United Nations peacekeepers into my territories increases the workload as President by about 2-3 times. That's all..."
-Slobodan Milosevic

At any rate, I can certainly stay out of the next game if that would be the preference.

Otherwise, my own preference would be for the vanilla map, any scenario (PE 1492 or 1520, Bocaj 1453, Drake 1453, even ****** 1492, even, even, vanilla 1492 or, God help me, 1419) of which is vastly better balanced and less screwy than the new map (and it is generally these problems, coupled with the rules to correct them, that have led to possibly overly-complicated and certainly overly-acrimonious discussions between some GMs and some players).

I might be interested in nonhistorical variants of vanilla, but I haven't played a good old-fashioned game of EU II, beautifully balanced and none too rich (although even vanilla is too rich in the end), in so long, and I think that's generally true of the other players here, that I'd wave its giant beige flag with vigorous pride.

As for the new map, I'm only interested in a random or similar, with appropriately low tax and manpower values and whatever has to be done to trade goods.

EDIT: Oh, and I'm all for Diplomacy Universalis on a classic map historical.

(and it is generally these problems, coupled with the rules to correct them, that have led to possibly overly-complicated and certainly overly-acrimonious discussions between some GMs and some players).

Thats a new one for me.

The new map is fine, but if you use a single player scenario or a scenario that was barely turned into a multiplayer scenario (i know a few people that pratically only changed scenario name to multiplayer 'something' and barely did anything), then you cant really blame the map for being unbalanced.

It is quite more balanced than vanila imo, probably only with the trade as an exception, but there are workarounds for that issue.

The only diference between watk and vanilla really is that if someone gets too strong in vanila, a major gang is a lot more effective since a few provinces lost mean a lot more than in watk, and it is also a lot easier to get them.

i agree with ego on that btw

That reminds me, Ego, does UMP in For the Glory use WATK? If yes would you be so kind to provide me with a download link?

FTG version is still 1.0.

Current version in EU2 is 1.3. EU2's version needs to be converted back to FTG, but i am not going to do it unless you can get a game with a lot of people going on without crashes. If you get a game going on with about 8 people without problems, it might take me less than a week to convert the stuff.

Last edited:
well for sunday i propose the following

either we play eu2 with ump (1419/1453)

or

we try fantasia ftg to see if the game can support 8+players
if so we can then choose to continiu fantasia or let ego convert his ump to ftg (he wont do it until we test mp first)

in the event that we pick fantasia the countrys will have to be edited/leaders probaly generated and we should probaly add a province file where all provinces are europe continent to get rid of the unfair advantage countrys on the edge of europe ussually get.

we should deside on this soon so we can get a thread going and edits done(if needed) tbh

Nobody's interested in vanilla?

in the event that we pick fantasia the countrys will have to be edited/leaders probaly generated and we should probaly add a province file where all provinces are europe continent to get rid of the unfair advantage countrys on the edge of europe ussually get.

I favor FTG over EU2. Or at the very least I think we should try seeing if FTG works before moving back to a EU2 campaign.

As I've already indicated, I'd like to go ahead with Fantasia, but aside from the issues you described, I feel that while we're doing these edits, we should condense the starting locations so there's chance of players actually interacting, while still retaining the essence of the campaign.

I favor FTG over EU2. Or at the very least I think we should try seeing if FTG works before moving back to a EU2 campaign.

As I've already indicated, I'd like to go ahead with Fantasia, but aside from the issues you described, I feel that while we're doing these edits, we should condense the starting locations so there's chance of players actually interacting, while still retaining the essence of the campaign.

i gave fantasia a long try in sp and tbh we need a better map generator
taxes and goods are insane while mp seems to be a little on the low side

by 1700 i had about 2500+ census alone while barely over 120k mp

I think some of the problems we had in the random campaign will appear here if we go with fantasia : external countries will be way too advantaged, because of their expansion abilities.

I think that with all armies/navies able to explore and all provinces unoccuppied, the problems with expansion wouldn't be too much of a problem, though I was also thinking of having this just limited to one continent too if need be...

Though it doesn't really matter to me. God forbid we just play a regular scenario.

watk and vanilla has much more difference, than described by Ego. Watk is much more rich, and normal situation that everyone can tech almost everything, specially after 1600. In vanilla sometimes you need to choose where to put efforts, specially if you non-trade warmonger.
Also watk has so much provinces, so everyone is fat, and sometimes the border wars are for quite nothing - loosing 1-2 provs doesn't change the country power. In vanilla you should count each eu province.

Watk is good for 11+ players campaign. For everything less vanilla preferred.

btw, we play now vanilla, ryyoken 1492 balanced mp 1.6 with slow exploration, low minors. Then most of us could tech to LT18 only around 1580-1600, and noone got infra5 or trade5 to 1600, so it is really thinking what to tech.
Later we realized that because almost all eu AI states are annexed, so we know less than 19 countries and that provides penalty for techcost, so it was one of reasons.

Tonio,

Precisely.