• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Microphage

Corporal
Jun 22, 2015
Pops are not supposed to migrate to states where there is unemployment in their pop type.

However, unemployed craftsmen are constantly migrating to states where there are NO FACTORIES. They seem to have no preference for states with factories, whatsoever. And then, due to a quirk in the migration code, these tiny unemployed craftsmen pops end up migrating out of the country entirely.

I have lost thousands of craftsmen this way, while very profitable factories go half-staffed.

Paradox, do you test your software at all? Please fix.

Last edited:
Paradox have stopped working on Vic2. Instead of complaining - which will have no result whatsoever -, why not fix the issue yourself by modding?

Pops are not supposed to migrate to states where there is unemployment in their pop type.

However, unemployed craftsmen are constantly migrating to states where there are NO FACTORIES. They seem to have no preference for states with factories, whatsoever. And then, due to a quirk in the migration code, these tiny unemployed craftsmen pops end up migrating out of the country entirely.

I have lost thousands of craftsmen this way, while very profitable factories go half-staffed.

Paradox, do you test your software at all? Please fix.

These two blocks are in the migration target section of the vanilla games craftsmen.txt file.

modifier = {
factor = 0.1
unemployment = 0.1
state_scope = {
has_factories = no
}
}

modifier = {
factor = 0
AND = {
state_scope = {
has_factories = no
}
can_build_factory = no
}
OR = {
unemployment_by_type = { type = farmers value = 0.1 }
unemployment_by_type = { type = labourers value = 0.1 }
}
}

Try changing unemployment = 0.1 to unemployment = 0.01. Also find the following block and change the factor = 6 to something higher.

modifier = {
factor = 6
state_scope = {
has_factories = yes
}
}

I would add that some slack in migration is historically accurate, people do not immediately leave communities they have grown up in the moment there is an economic downturn.

Also are you using mods? You have correctly identified that Victoria II in it's base state is an ambitious game with a compelling framework that is nevertheless unpolished and not always functional. Your constant pleading for Paradox to fix issues is becoming annoying. Take advantage of 8 years of community fixes by using a mod or if you genuinely discover novel problems try and figure out your own way to fix them.

No, I am not using mods.

I looked at PDM, but the silliness of the "shares" commodity would ruin the game for me. Shares are not a commodity, they are not consumed, and they aren't made out of paper. Completely inappropriate.

No, I am not using mods.

I looked at PDM, but the silliness of the "shares" commodity would ruin the game for me. Shares are not a commodity, they are not consumed, and they aren't made out of paper. Completely inappropriate.

PDM is kind of old and not widely used. The most widely used mods are the Historical Project Mod (not hosted on this forum) and it's offshoot Historical Flavor Mod.

PDM is kind of old and not widely used. The most widely used mods are the Historical Project Mod (not hosted on this forum) and it's offshoot Historical Flavor Mod.

Is HPM the best mod for fixing this sort of problem? I'm having trouble finding comprehensive information about what it does, do you have a link you can share?

Have you linked your Steam account so that you can see the User Mods subfolder? That would allow you to see information on PDM and HPM and any other user modification that's been shared with other users.

Since I can't redirect you to the proper subforum and can't tell for sure if you have linked your accounts, please follow the instructions in my signature.

Status
Not open for further replies.