• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is there any chance you'll ffer the option of not having end date?
I know that can be easily eliminated at the games archives but i'd rather have that option properly offered.
I like long lasting games.
Yeah, I find it puzzling why the Devs didnt allow us to play past the end screen yet. Its like a psychological barrier preventing players from choosing the later starts and sometimes even the 1066 one. The popularity of the 769 and 867 starts are kind of problematic for balancing and researching to add new provinces but people keep thinking "if my campaign will go well and I will like it much I dont want to finish it after one hundred years or so". Getting rid of the hard cap end date would allow us to enjoy every start we choose.

I like that too. Seems like it would make the 1066 Start a more popular one...

stfu and take my money @ paradox :-D

Is there an estimated release date?

I would prefer it, if you would add the possibility, to choose another random "world-style" as the typical earth map.
And maybe add chooseable szenarios additionaly to the start years like f.e.:
Game of Thrones, Time of Roman Empire, or more far into the past szenarios (f.e. stoneage - possibility to create your own culture)...just ideas

What i miss in the current C2K is, that you get really quick focusing just on getting more and more land, because the other stuff is not challenging you anymore. (if you know how to control your vessels etc.)

Last edited:
stfu and take my money @ paradox :-D

Is there an estimated release date?

I would prefer it, if you would add the possibility, to choose another random "world-style" as the typical earth map.
And maybe add chooseable szenarios additionaly to the start years like f.e.:
Game of Thrones, Time of Roman Empire, or more far into the past szenarios (f.e. stoneage - possibility to create your own culture)...just ideas

What i miss in the current C2K is, that you get really quick focusing just on getting more and more land, because the other stuff is not challenging you anymore. (if you know how to control your vessels etc.)
Game of Thrones is an IP I doubt Paradox can get their hands on, but I do know this fantastic mod on the steam workshop called When the World Stopped Making Sense. Picks up right at the fall of Western Rome and has super cool mechanics like barbarian migration. The stone age on the other hand would certainly be too far back. If we're to assume speed 5 is around 2 days a second that means 1 year is around 3 minutes. So assuming 5 speed is 2 days a second that means roughly 100 years is 5 hours. Going from the stone age to even the bronze age would be days! I like the idea for a mod thought, that could really be cool!

In all honesty "the fall of Rome is a myth"... Rome wasn't destroyed per se just reorganized. There wasnt an emperor for a long while, until Charlemagne in the west. However I will admit that africa, Spain and England were lost, but italy and France were always the core core of the West anyways

In all honesty "the fall of Rome is a myth"
Yes, it's a myth. Rome only fell in 1453, or a few years later, depending on your view on successor states.
Rome wasn't destroyed per se just reorganized.
Yes, the adoption of the Greek language and the theme system are examples of the reorganisation, which allowed the Empire to survive until the XV century.
There wasnt an emperor for a long while, until Charlemagne in the west.
After the fall of the Italy to Odoacer in 476 and death of Julius Nepos in 480, the Roman emperors in Constantinople were the sole emperors of the Empire, so of both Eastern and (for most of the time only nominally) Western parts of the Empire. Charlemagne was crowned emperor in 800, and later both empires negotiated their relations. The Roman Empire recognised Charlemagne as an emperor, but not an emperor of the Romans. So Charlemagne was an Emperor of the West, but not of the Western Roman Empire.

After the fall of the Italy to Odoacer in 476 and death of Julius Nepos in 480, the Roman emperors in Constantinople were the sole emperors of the Empire, so of both Eastern and (for most of the time only nominally) Western parts of the Empire. Charlemagne was crowned emperor in 800, and later both empires negotiated their relations. The Roman Empire recognised Charlemagne as an emperor, but not an emperor of the Romans. So Charlemagne was an Emperor of the West, but not of the Western Roman Empire.

This is only the Eastern Roman point of view.

I doubt that Genghis Khan ever let it be written down that he was the leader of the Mongols. Yet he sacked the Khwarazmians all the same. When it comes to ancient history, there is no such thing as "proper". Might makes right, and although having those documents will help sway others to agree with your claims, they are not necessary at all if you have their support from different causes.

The "Western" point of view at the time was based on the Donation of Constantine, which is a forged document :D

Another part of the POV is that the Roman Empire can't be ruled by a women and the point in which the Bzantine Empire had a female ruler it lost his legitimation. Which is also a valid point. Also the people didn't know the document was faked. Mediveal history is ful of this stuff. We we use this logic, we have to deny that Hamburg is a city today, since Hamburg got it's city rights with faked documents too. So... do we argue that Hamburg isn't a rightful city today by this logic?Medieval logic is easy:
As long as people BELIEVE something is a legitime document, it IS a legitime document. They don't know it was forged.

Another part of the POV is that the Roman Empire can't be ruled by a women and the point in which the Bzantine Empire had a female ruler it lost his legitimation.d.

Awesome, another way to fuck with history. Once I recreate the Roman Empire and become Pagan, I'll reform Hellenism with Enactic Clans :D