• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
2eovd49.png

So, who has the most fully mechanized army in the world? Hint: it's not me.

nyd1mb.png

Building up a proper Ruhr (I also have 3*2 factories building in D-Dorf).

Truth be told, I'm using the Imperial German flag for something else (Bock's coup restores it if successful) and I don't like the naval jack as national flag solution. Bad enough that I'm too lazy to clean it off the counters.

I have no idea why the Germans are so interested in the Middle East. It is not like the US would invade it or plenty of partisans. They are not key airports/naval bases either.

Could be... you know... what happened in those extreme-fun-camps of theirs...

Truth be told, I'm using the Imperial German flag for something else (Bock's coup restores it if successful) and I don't like the naval jack as national flag solution. Bad enough that I'm too lazy to clean it off the counters.

I agree. I don't understand the use of the German and Japanese naval flags in the game.

I agree. I don't understand the use of the German and Japanese naval flags in the game.

What non-Swastika flag would you use for Germany then?

The sacred and everlasting emperor would disagree with you!
Tojo+Hideki.jpg

That's the army flag. The Army and navy were constantly at odds.

Well in terms of world war 1 I don't understand why the National flag isn't used. There is no reason for it not to be.
It was still in used from 1933 to 1935 so I wouldn't object to it's use in the ww2 scenario, but my main issue is with the WW1 scenario.

Edit: For the world war 2 scenario I would say the Swastika flag but with an Iron cross in the centre.

Well in terms of world war 1 I don't understand why the National flag isn't used. There is no reason for it not to be.
It was still in used from 1933 to 1935 so I wouldn't object to it's use in the ww2 scenario, but my main issue is with the WW1 scenario.

Edit: For the world war 2 scenario I would say the Swastika flag but with an Iron cross in the centre.

The WW1 flag is the one you posted.

As for WW2, I think the navy one looks cooler really. The Iron Cross doesnt fit in well with the Swatika flag background.

The WW1 flag is the one you posted.

As for WW2, I think the navy one looks cooler really. The Iron Cross doesnt fit in well with the Swatika flag background.

No it's not. It's the Imperial War Flag

I've seen the original iron cross version of the nazi flag, and personally I don't think it was done very well. Here's one I did a minute ago:

Normal

Side ways

Is it really that bad?

I just can't help thinking the current flags are war flags and not national flags.

For Nazi Germany, none. I just censor it here and don't tell where I got it from because that's Paradox's rule and I'm on their site.

TremblingBlue: The simple black-white-red the 3rd German flag I use for the Bock coup and I think my WWI Germany uses it as well.

For Nazi Germany, none. I just censor it here and don't tell where I got it from because that's Paradox's rule and I'm on their site.

It's not allowed any more? Back in the day, which I'm sure you remember, all you had to do is ask for historical flags and you got them - provided it's a link, not direct IMG tag.

It's not allowed any more? Back in the day, which I'm sure you remember, all you had to do is ask for historical flags and you got them - provided it's a link, not direct IMG tag.
Double standard rules, it used to work for HoI2 but moderators of DH dont like it apparently.

No it's not. It's the Imperial War Flag

I've seen the original iron cross version of the nazi flag, and personally I don't think it was done very well. Here's one I did a minute ago:

Normal

Side ways

Is it really that bad?

I just can't help thinking the current flags are war flags and not national flags.

In my version Germany in WW1 uses the flag that you posted.

You did a good job with the Nazi one, but I personally still prefer the current one. Whilst its not historical, I really do like complex flags.