• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Exactly. Our mobilization model with levels (from no army to total mobilization) aims at reflecting the idea that some countries (such as the UK) had a professional army.
In my view, the best we could do is make the British AI deploy its starting divisions in France and a very few in Egypt and then let them train their conscripts divisions at home while waiting for orders.
As said, WW1 scenario is receiving a lot of love from the dev team at the moment (since WW2 is more or less completed although there are still some stuffs I am not completely happy with but I will probably have to postpone some of them - rest assured nonetheless that patches will not only bring few bugfixes but also complete balance/AI/engine overhaul based on post release feedbacks :) ).

Exactly. Our mobilization model with levels (from no army to total mobilization) aims at reflecting the idea that some countries (such as the UK) had a professional army.
In my view, the best we could do is make the British AI deploy its starting divisions in France and a very few in Egypt and then let them train their conscripts divisions at home while waiting for orders.
As said, WW1 scenario is receiving a lot of love from the dev team at the moment (since WW2 is more or less completed although there are still some stuffs I am not completely happy with but I will probably have to postpone some of them - rest assured nonetheless that patches will not only bring few bugfixes but also complete balance/AI/engine overhaul based on post release feedbacks :) ).

Thank you for your response! That’s great news and would model colonial countries well (and even the US) who had small professional armies deployed aboard and at home.

Just a small glitch of how this works.
Under professional army, your MP (e.g. men you can enlist at any moment) is growing much slower than under mobilized army. That being said, mobilizing has obvious downsides and is not really affordable unless you are going to be at war very soon or you already are.
Wartime/Peacetime dynamic also plays a major role in determining how many conscripts you got to fill in reserves divisions (as opposed to active divisions that have full strength even during peacetime).

Overall, you will not be able to field huge number of infantry divisions before the war breaks out. However, you will have to make hard choices in how to spend limited resources in peacetime (i. e. building an armor corp or an air force). This in turn generates historically plausible armies. At least that is what we are aiming at.

This sounds really cool and it looks like the system will be able to represent the difficulties faced by various countries much better than the current HOI2 model. Hopefully, the AI will be more of a challenge...

:)

68646070.png

Ooh, looks nice.

Will there be any mods for WW1? or is WW1 just a battle scenario?

Is there ways to change the factions in WW1? Like maybe instead of Serbia the Archduke dies in Istanbul? I mean like leader's decisions on places to go instead of Sarejevo?

(GG aliasing is on paradox too.) U guys should make influence system like in victoria 2 and like mix stuff from EU3 and HOI2, also make Puppets able to rebel vs u if they hate u. like american revolution vs Brits

1914 to a maximum of 28 years, meaning 1942. The default end date is 1918, but you can freely choose up to 28 years.
Yeah, but if the default end date is 1918 then I don't expect events between 1919 and 1936.